Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Well for one, Lowry is the main guy, not Demar. The success we had this year was built around the play of Lowry, that's why he got MVP consideration.

We should absolutely be changing the offensive approach and culture. The approach is flawed.
    I don't think the offensive approach has anything to do with the culture. The culture is fine. Casey can still ride or die with his guys, DD just won't be one of them.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• This derozan fiasco feels like a crossroads for the franchise. I totally understand if we re sign him but I also understand we will never be good enough with derozan as our #1 guy.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
        This derozan fiasco feels like a crossroads for the franchise. I totally understand if we re sign him but I also understand we will never be good enough with derozan as our #1 guy.
        No one on this team current is good enough to be a #1 guy on a championship team. We need some true superstar talent.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          No one on this team current is good enough to be a #1 guy on a championship team. We need some true superstar talent.
          There's maybe 10 of those guys and 30 teams.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I wish we did a proper rebuild.

Comment

Oddly enough I think we are in a better position to execute such a rebuild if that is the route Masai decides to take. I think it would take less time if done properly now.

I am also fine with not going that route but I find it interesting it is rarely, if ever, talked about now that we have a slightly above average team with no clear path to greatness.

Comment

Just have to keep making it to the Eastern Conference finals in till Wiggins comes home.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Oran wrote: View Post
                  Oddly enough I think we are in a better position to execute such a rebuild if that is the route Masai decides to take. I think it would take less time if done properly now.

I am also fine with not going that route but I find it interesting it is rarely, if ever, talked about now that we have a slightly above average team with no clear path to greatness.
                  I think the organization wants the fans to be proud of the achievements of this team. They expect us to be happy with a team that's good but won't be elite. The championship is the ultimate goal who cares about the rest of the accolades.

Comment

A "proper rebuild" usually starts after you max out the potential of your existing roster and begin regressing and/or when a star isn't committed to staying. At that point you start selling off assets (e.g. aging stars who have peaked or are on the down-slide) for prospects and picks or letting guys walk for cap-space, and build around any remaining young star.

For example, the Celtics did a proper rebuild after they won championships, lost Ray Allen and KG/Pierce were sold off to the Nets. They still haven't found their star yet, though. The Jazz did a proper rebuild when it became obvious that D-Will wasn't going to re-sign. The Pacers did a proper rebuild after they peaked reaching the ECF twice, and didn't re-sign Hibbert and West.

With that in mind, I would argue that the Raps window for a "proper rebuild" was not in the past - it's actually in the future when Lowry starts sliding back and the Eastern conference gets stronger. In fact, the window could start as early as this off-season, if DD leaves and Lowry's trade value being at an all-time high.

Comment

• Oran wrote: View Post

In what universe is going 56-26 and making a conference finals "slightly above average"?

And I hate to break it to you but there is no such thing as a 'clear path to greatness'.

Comment

This derozan fiasco feels like a crossroads for the franchise. I totally understand if we re sign him but I also understand we will never be good enough with derozan as our #1 guy.
                        Which is why it will be best interest for the franchise moving forward is to sign DD to a deal where you can have more then a couple of GM"s interested in making a deal in a trade down the line, and move to another direction instead of downright losing him to free agency (if Lowry and JV took a slight discount, then DD should follow suit if he really wants to be here other then "they can pay me the most money"). Its never a good thing to be "stuck" with a player like what we endured with Colangelo because the player wasn't performing well and the free agent price tag we signed him to was just too big to move.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Which is why it will be best interest for the franchise moving forward is to sign DD to a deal where you can have more then a couple of GM"s interested in making a deal in a trade down the line, and move to another direction instead of downright losing him to free agency (if Lowry and JV took a slight discount, then DD should follow suit if he really wants to be here other then "they can pay me the most money"). Its never a good thing to be "stuck" with a player like what we endured with Colangelo because the player wasn't performing well and the free agent price tag we signed him to was just too big to move.
                          There's the win-win, right there..... with our old pal in Philly.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            I love the thought process here, DD should take a paycut and show loyalty......so we can trade him in a couple of years.

Comment

• Good read about DeRozan and his Compton roots.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Good read about DeRozan and his Compton roots.

Good read thanks for sharing
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X