No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Demar. He's making shots. We see flashes/stretches of good decision making from him. He seems to be in one of those stretches now - I just hope he keeps it up. The moment he reverts back to an inefficient chucker, we'll be out of these playoffs. The quality of competition is simply not forgiving now and moving forward.

Having said that, he is really coming through for us in this series.

Comment

• Funny that some posters are still sticking to the narrative that DeMar's offensive style is not consistent or reliable enough to win games. We are in game 5 of the ECF LOL. Maybe we should bring back Alan Anderson, Hedo, Kapono, Gary Forbes, Belinelli, Anthony Parker, or any other one of the mediocre 2 guards this franchise has had over the years to satisfy all of you. DeMar is a fuckin stud. RIDE OR DIE. EMPTY THE CLIP.

Comment

• Damn.

DeMar DeRozan Worked Out With 1,000 Shots Until 1 AM On Eve Of Game 4.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Eve-Of-Game-4

DeMar DeRozan shot close to a thousand shots for about two and a half hours on the eve of Game 4 on Sunday night, not leaving the arena until 1 AM.

The session placed heavy emphasis on scoring assertively and promptly.

DeRozan had a feeling LeBron James would be defending him.

"It's nothing new for me. You can ask anybody in this organization," DeRozan told cleveland.com. "There's not a night that I don't come back in the gym and try to work on something and get better on something. It's nothing new."

DeRozan had 32 points in the Toronto Raptors' 105-99 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          He made a lot of contested shots. I hope it keeps playing out that way because the only difference I see is his shots are falling.

Put it this way, if he took those same shots and shot 35% from the field people would be in here calling him an idiot and all sorts of horrible things. It would be a hate fest, the difference is that they're falling, but it is the same shot selection more or less.
          His defence has been better too. That goes a long way to curbing complaints. Less stupid gambles and solid rotations.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DD is playing the same way he always does. His shots are just falling now. DD is tough shot taker and maker. I never complain about when he's missing because I know he practices that exact shot every night. I have no problem with a player taking a shots he practices consistently.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              DD is playing the same way he always does. His shots are just falling now. DD is tough shot taker and maker. I never complain about when he's missing because I know he practices that exact shot every night. I have no problem with a player taking a shots he practices consistently.
              Gotta disagree here mate. I think DD's gotten back to his regular season self the past 6-7 games, but prior to that except a few games he was more reminiscent of the DeMar of years past. Way too many bad shots being taken, now he's playing his game mixing it up in and around the paint a lot more.

But yeah what we're seeing now is what DeRozan has been doing all year and is supposed to be doing for us, thats the guy that you can swallow the max for.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                Gotta disagree here mate. I think DD's gotten back to his regular season self the past 6-7 games, but prior to that except a few games he was more reminiscent of the DeMar of years past. Way too many bad shots being taken, now he's playing his game mixing it up in and around the paint a lot more.

But yeah what we're seeing now is what DeRozan has been doing all year and is supposed to be doing for us, thats the guy that you can swallow the max for.
                Majority of his shots have been contested. Thier just going in but, if they weren't people would be calling them bad shots. Same shots just diffrent out come. Its a make or miss league.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Majority of his shots have been contested. Thier just going in but, if they weren't people would be calling them bad shots. Same shots just diffrent out come. Its a make or miss league.
                  Theres a difference with how he's getting his shots now, much more off screen action getting separation and also the mid range shots hes taking are much deeper into the paint and/or closer to the basket. Also forcing his shot less and resetting or swinging when he doesnt have a good look. He's also driving a lot more than he was against George especially. Part of that is the matchup but to say he's playing the same? I don't think we're watching the same thing.

Not trying to criticize him really, like he played bad and people dismissed his whole regular season, so if he keeps playing like this i can dismiss his earlier struggles. Just saying that he's playing smarter and much more decisive now which is why he's doing better.

Comment

It's true that this is a make or miss league. It is not true that these are the same shots he's always taken.

In the Pacers series, he was over-dribbling and settling for a midrange jumper because he couldn't get by his man. Straight up contest by the defender.

In the latter half of the Miami series and this series, he's getting to his spots first either by quick dribble move or coming off a screen. Late closeouts by the defenders.

Both are considered "contested", just that one of those gives him more room to operate and get his shot off cleanly.

Comment

• He is taking and hitting some contested shots yes but they are no where near as contested as the shots were against Paul George and Indiana. Also I find he's taking more jumpers is the midrange area than in the long 2 area and much more shots are off of screens which has always been where he's at his best. In the first couple series but mostly Indiana he was taking a lot of ISO jumpers which is when he's at his worst. No screens no separation like he has now. Also as someone said he is mixing it up a bit better with going to the basket and taking jumpers. He's also finding his teammates A LOT better in this series as well. It does have a lot to do with the fact that Cleveland is nowhere as good of a defensive team as Miami and Indiana were but I do also think he's getting it as well. Only time will tell. Demar has always been a slow learner and takes time to get it even since College so it wouldn't shock me that it has taken him until the third series to actually get it.
                      Last edited by GLF; Tue May 24, 2016, 06:53 PM.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        It's true that this is a make or miss league. It is not true that these are the same shots he's always taken.

In the Pacers series, he was over-dribbling and settling for a midrange jumper because he couldn't get by his man. Straight up contest by the defender.

In the latter half of the Miami series and this series, he's getting to his spots first either by quick dribble move or coming off a screen. Late closeouts by the defenders.

Both are considered "contested", just that one of those gives him more room to operate and get his shot off cleanly.
                        Exactly. Paul was a hound. Derozan could literally do nothing against him. The contests that are happening now are late contests. He's already gotten to his spot and rose up and then someone gets a hand up. In the Indiana series he was literally shooting the ball with Paul George right in his face. Also he is definitely using the screens much better in this series to help him get some decent space to get his shot off. That was not happening in the Indiana series and the first half of the Miami series.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt made a good point in beginning of the series. Cavs were letting Derozan score because they thought he can have whatever he wants and Raps can't win that way. But now they are probably regretting it because they let Derozan get going.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I do agree though that even though he is taking better shots for his standards if he does miss most of them and go 30 something percent from the field we can't win unless a few other guys really step up offensively. I think defense is what we need to focus on though because shots normally don't fall as well on the road. Especially for role players for some reason. So yes we need to hit shots no question but we HAVE to play the defense we have been playing the last two games and not the defense we were playing the first two. Or else no matter what we do offensively won't mean shit.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Barolt made a good point in beginning of the series. Cavs were letting Derozan score because they thought he can have whatever he wants and Raps can't win that way. But now they are probably regretting it because they let Derozan get going.
                              It really did look that way early. Cleveland's approach looked like it was 'let DeMar/Lowry get their's, stop the other guys'.

Bit them in the ass.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Barolt made a good point in beginning of the series. Cavs were letting Derozan score because they thought he can have whatever he wants and Raps can't win that way. But now they are probably regretting it because they let Derozan get going.
                                Well they don't really have someone to guard him. James is their best option, but he's also their best option on any wing or even maybe PFs we have.

Shumpert is pretty good defensively but nothing spectacular. He's too small to play Demar all game, and frankly probably playing hurt because he's always hurt.

Dellavedova is scrappy but his value comes mostly from being dirty and drawing fouls.

Irving and Smith are awful.

Throw in they have awful rim protection on top of it all. I'm very happy with how we're playing and how aggressive DD and Lowry are being. Take it to these guys. They lack good defenders, so find the holes in their D and ram it down their throats.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X