Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambino wrote: View Post
    I'm just wondering like, most people would agree that the reason we lost to Cleveland was a talent deficit right? So why would we deliberately lower our talent level by letting DeRozan leave for nothing?
    This, right here. We're one move away from having a 4-allstar starting lineup backed up by a fantastic bench. And we're going to give that up for...what exactly?
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun May 29, 2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      This, right here. We're one move away from having a 5-allstar starting lineup backed up by a fantastic bench. And we're going to give that up for...what exactly?
      Who's the fourth all star? Carroll?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
        Who's the fourth all star? Carroll?
        Bruno. Just kidding. 4-allstar. 5 is untenable anyway.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Apparently, the Lakers might not be interested in DeMar anyways.
          It all originated from Steven A Smith. I guess he was talking out his A again.

Comment

• I'm indifferent to him. I can live with a max given to him, but also would understand if they let him walk. Both would be fine.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
              1. Lowry plus bench is more of a testament to how good lowry is. Demar plus bench was still better than all bench units which were catastrophic. So saying that demar helped that lineup by not being on it is just not true.

2. Low turnover post presence on lower usage and smaller role in the offence is one thing. Can that be replicated with higher usage and a much much larger role in the offense? Who knows, but it's by no means a guarantee. Really an assumption.

3. Another assumption. Our high free throw rate (and conversion rate) was a huge reason our offense was highly rated for the season. That's a fact. Can that be sustained by other means? Maybe but you really don't know if JV will be shooting free throws at the rate that your assuming.

4. Look and effectiveness are two different things. Most of our best offensive rated lineups include Demar. Regular Season and playoffs.

Now that being said I'm all for including JV in the offense a lot more and particularly after this postseason it would be a crime not to. I also think that we have the personnel for it and all it really requires is a small change in approach.
              Ok before this completely derails, I'm going to ask, how does any of these make us a better playoff team next year?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Ok before this completely derails, I'm going to ask, how does any of these make us a better playoff team next year?
                As opposed to losing him for nothing?

Comment

Huh? What?

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    I'm indifferent to him. I can live with a max given to him, but also would understand if they let him walk. Both would be fine.
                    My preference is to not let him walk for nothing, but I also don't think he will actually get the full Max.

But at the same time, I guess I could understand if Masai wanted to go in a different direction if Demar is looking for Full Max.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                      I'm just wondering like, most people would agree that the reason we lost to Cleveland was a talent deficit right? So why would we deliberately lower our talent level by letting DeRozan leave for nothing?
                      This right here is the crux of the argument. How good is DeMar?

Aside from his driving to the basket, what above average basketball skills does he possess? Because realistically, I see him as a 1-tool player.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I think the wiser move is to let DD walk (although I don't think it will happen).

... But some of things I'm reading are pretty far fetched.

Lowry+Bench was awesome, but DD did have a WS/48 of .169 (best ever) and a WS of 9.9. He had a great regular season and was deserving of his all-star. Without DD we probably are closer to 45-46 wins than 56.

So still a good team, but would probably not have home court in the first two rounds.. and that was essential to getting to the ECF. He even shot 33.8% from 3.

He had a bad playoffs though.. at least the first two rounds. Got easier when Whiteside went down and when he had JR Smith covering him in the ECF.

I still don't like his game, and prefer to change course. But DD was not a liability during the regular season.. and was not the marginal player he was earlier in his career.

Comment

• If only demar could shoot the ball he would be a poor James harden

Comment

...JV. Low turnover post presence that easily replaces perimeter penetration. Do you not disagree?

DD's 9 FTA per game may be offset by a few more FT's that is likely to come with an increase in JV's usage. I do not think the 5-6 free throws per game we lose if DD is not around is going to make a difference in how the Raptors perform as a team.

Our offense looked good with good ball movement when DD was not on the floor. So this is also a great reason to not have DD.
                            I would reference the part of the season where DeRozan started averaging 5 assists a game. There is no reason that can't become a point of emphasis for him. He HAS improved every year and I expect he will again. He could give up his least efficient shots and those attempts could go to JV. And the Raptors shooting % fell off a cliff in the playoffs. Carroll wasn't right, Lowry has elbow issues, Biyombo was the starting center for too much of the time and DeMart was faced with double teams consistently.

DeMar has been selected to the USA National second team for several years now. He has made it to the All Star game twice, once selected by the coaches. He is not nothing.

Would you sign him to a 5 year deal starting at 20 million and ending at 25 million?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              This, right here. We're one move away from having a 4-allstar starting lineup backed up by a fantastic bench. And we're going to give that up for...what exactly?
                              All you need to do is: change the offense, ask a bunch of other guys to pick up his usage, play better defense, fill the hole at PF, and have Ross be consistent and Powell materially improve and..... Bam, you are a playoff team.

Oh, wait.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Demar will very likely be back because that is the easy, safe decision. Doesn't make it the right one.

Same with Casey.
                                Doesn't make it the wrong decisions either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X