Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Interestingly, Vince and T-Mac each had their first non All-Star season after ~23.5-24k career minutes.

DeMar is playing 2.8-3k minutes per season, at 17.6k career minutes now. So he'll be at the point where Vince and McGrady started to fall off in two years.
    How can you use TMac as a barometer when he started having major injury problems in 2007 that basically ruined the rest of his career? And Vince was still a highly productive player as a starter until he was like 33.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
      How can you use TMac as a barometer when he started having major injury problems in 2007 that basically ruined the rest of his career? And Vince was still a highly productive player as a starter until he was like 33.
      +1 to this. Other than the hip injury, DD has proven to be a bit of an iron-man.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
        It's really hard to find any comparables for DeMar, because high usage guards who don't shoot the 3 tend to either peak WAY higher than DeMar(McGrady, Kobe, Jordan), or way lower. Spent some time looking for historical comparables, and found it's really difficult. Big one is, there just aren't any post-30 seasons of >25% usage, <35% 3FG that were good, that don't belong to Hall of Fame guys.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• And before someone brings it up, I really don't buy DeMar's 3pt improvement this season. Hot Jan+Feb, rest of year 23/93(24.7%). 4/26 in playoffs.

So he had two good months, but was awful before and after those months.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            You can make it your #1 priority to lose weight but not be willing to starve yourself to do it.
            You dont need to starve yourself to lose weight
            You need to track your marcos, higher your protein intake, lower your carbs.
            You can EASILY lose weight while eating 2250 plus calories.

So in other words, Demar DeChosen is coming back
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• What are the chances Derozan becomes a legitimate 3 point shooter?

Comment

It's really hard to find any comparables for DeMar, because high usage guards who don't shoot the 3 tend to either peak WAY higher than DeMar(McGrady, Kobe, Jordan), or way lower. Spent some time looking for historical comparables, and found it's really difficult. Big one is, there just aren't any post-30 seasons of >25% usage, <35% 3FG that were good, that don't belong to Hall of Fame guys.
                NBA players most productive years tend to be between 26 and 30 and then they start to drop off when they hit 30 and drop off significantly in the early/mid 30s.

If we give DeRozan a 5 year deal we're paying for age 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31. Most likely DeRozan's play could drop off in the last 1 or 2 years of that deal, at which point it doesn't really matter since he'd be expiring.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Atothe wrote: View Post
                  Wasn't trying to come off bitter but your man-love victory for DeMar is premature. I got a question for you. If DeMar is offered 20 million a year to stay here but he has to be give up 5-8 shots per game and shoot more threes or go to L.A for the same price to do whatever he wants. Which do you think he chooses?
                  Silly hypothetical question......you don't go into a game with a determined amount of shots. He shouldn't turn down wide open shots either.

I do think he should take more 3s.

But to answer your question I think Demar chooses to stay here because Demar wants to win. I don't think he wants to be apart of another rebuild, especially after tasting the East Finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by special1; Mon May 30, 2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Duplicate

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                      What are the chances Derozan becomes a legitimate 3 point shooter?
                      Legitimate as in...?

Can he shoot 1-2 3s a game at 30-35%? Sure.

Will he ever be a 3-4+ 3s per game, 40+% guy? Not a chance.

Indicators are awful for him ever becoming truly good. His midrange game sucks, and doesn't show a lot of signs of improvement.

Comment

• Demar should do all he can do take as many pages out of the Paul Pierce book.. I think he has a really good chance of becoming a Paul Pierce type of guy if he can be threat from the 3 point line and learn to flop a little bit on the defensive side.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          Demar should do all he can do take as many pages out of the Paul Pierce book.. I think he has a really good chance of becoming a Paul Pierce type of guy if he can be threat from the 3 point line and learn to flop a little bit on the defensive side.
                          DeMar's 7th season vs. Pierce's 7th season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

What DeMar does better: Turns it over less. Takes more shots. Better FT percentage(85% vs. 82.2%). Slightly better assist rate.(20.8% vs. 20.3%)

What Pierce does better: Shots(from floor and 3), rebounds, steals, blocks, lower usage, better DBPM and DWS, better at drawing fouls.

Pierce in playoffs: +29 net rating, 65.1% true shooting, .301 WS/48.

DeMar in playoffs: Not going to bother.

Comment

What DeMar does better: Turns it over less. Takes more shots. Better FT percentage(85% vs. 82.2%). Slightly better assist rate.(20.8% vs. 20.3%)

What Pierce does better: Shots(from floor and 3), rebounds, steals, blocks, lower usage, better DBPM and DWS, better at drawing fouls.

Man he was just talking about DeMar working on his 3PT shooting and defense to become a bit more like Pierce and be able to offer more to the team. I don't think he was saying he was as good as Pierce.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              Demar should do all he can do take as many pages out of the Paul Pierce book.. I think he has a really good chance of becoming a Paul Pierce type of guy if he can be threat from the 3 point line and learn to flop a little bit on the defensive side.
                              if demar can bring us a championship and then like 4 unprotected firsts once he gets old when we trade him. im all for it
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Dude your numbers are such eye sore.

I said he has a chance to mold his game to a Paul Pierce type and he should, I didnt say he is Paul Pierce.

Comment

Working...
                                X