Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Is there really much expectation that Demar will improve on last season? Repeat last season would be the expectation but I don't think he's really going to be able to be better without a deep shot or defence.
    I think we've learned not to doubt DD when it comes to getting better.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      eventually they will be right though and a giant "i told you so" is coming. same as if i said you're going to die this year, every year of your life.

Comment

Definitely, has to be expected until we finally see him plateau. The playoffs were quite disappointing, but he has such a solid year. If he keeps going with the play he showed this season, he'll be worth $25m in a league where the top stars are going to be making $40m+ before too long.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Definitely, has to be expected until we finally see him plateau. The playoffs were quite disappointing, but he has such a solid year. If he keeps going with the play he showed this season, he'll be worth $25m in a league where the top stars are going to be making $40m+ before too long.
          He'll probably plateau soon, but until then. Yeah, he deserves the benefit of doubt.

Comment

Nobody doubts that

But, how much better has he gotten in the areas that would really benefit the team?

He hasn't really added elements to his game since his second year....he is largely the same player since then, just better at it. So if we are talking about actually playing effective defense or being a threat as an efficient off-ball scorer with shooting...

Well, I seriously doubt it happens. I've never seen a player adapt their game like that.

Comment

• DD should get some contacts. That'll help his game immensely
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Nobody doubts that

But, how much better has he gotten in the areas that would really benefit the team?

He hasn't really added elements to his game since his second year....he is largely the same player since then, just better at it. So if we are talking about actually playing effective defense or being a threat as an efficient off-ball scorer with shooting...

Well, I seriously doubt it happens. I've never seen a player adapt their game like that.
                "Hasn't added elements to his game since his 2nd year".

Bro, come on try harder.

Comment

• Demar and the Front Office have agreed on a 5 year 119m dollar deal. The news is not public as of yet but a verbal agreed has been made. The fifth and final year of the deal will be a player option. Demar also has the right to increase the amount of money if he meets the following criteria :
                  Named to the All-NBA First, Second, or Third team at least twice
                  Voted as a starter in the All-Star game at least twice
                  Congrats Demar, I look forward to seeing you as a Raptor for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of your career.
                  Last edited by Abbas; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 02:29 AM.
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    Demar and the Front Office have agreed on a 5 year 119m dollar deal. The news is not public as of yet but a verbal agreed has been made. The deal fifth and final year of the deal will be a player option. Demar also has the right to increase the amount of money if he meets the following criteria :
                    Congrats Demar, I look forward to seeing you as a Raptor for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of your career.
                    You got a source on that?

Comment

Demar and the Front Office have agreed on a 5 year 119m dollar deal. The news is not public as of yet but a verbal agreed has been made. The fifth and final year of the deal will be a player option. Demar also has the right to increase the amount of money if he meets the following criteria :
                      in two different threads? this has to be idle speculation

Comment

Demar and the Front Office have agreed on a 5 year 119m dollar deal. The news is not public as of yet but a verbal agreed has been made. The fifth and final year of the deal will be a player option. Demar also has the right to increase the amount of money if he meets the following criteria :
                        Considering the incentives you listed are completely illegal, I'm going to go ahead and say that's BS.

I mean, I would have said that anyway, but it's nice of you to provide evidence.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ok, so how is he going to be better this year?

Going into last season his biggest weaknesses were shot selection, defence and 3 point shooting. The easiest to correct was done last year (shot selection). The other two are much harder to accomplish. Even if he limits his 3PA to the corners and finishes with a higher 3P%, that isn't really drastically different than this past season in terms of what he can do on the court. So a marginal improvement if he does that, but very much likely that he has peaked.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If anyone thinks DD's shot selection this year was at the absolute ideal, I have to disagree. He could still dramatically improve his shot selection, which hopefully he will do after seeing his success in season this year (and his lack thereof in the early rounds of the playoffs).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              If anyone thinks DD's shot selection this year was at the absolute ideal, I have to disagree. He could still dramatically improve his shot selection, which hopefully he will do after seeing his success in season this year (and his lack thereof in the early rounds of the playoffs).
                              Do you really think he's going to get better though?

I don't think he has the awareness to improve his shot selection over this past season, and while it wasn't ideal, it was dramatically better.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Do you really think he's going to get better though?

I don't think he has the awareness to improve his shot selection over this past season, and while it wasn't ideal, it was dramatically better.
                                Really? Did you think he had the awareness to improve his shot selection to the level he displayed this year?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X