Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If I'm new York I'm gonna push hard. They got the space and he'd fit great with the geriatric former elites.

He'd be a great fit with any member of his fantastic four friends. Clippers if he wants a title, cleveland obvs for a title but the cap is difficult.

Rose wade anthony and Noah would be kind of hilarious. 2011 dynasty, oft injured. But definitely a playoff team
    If that proposed Knicks team with Wade and Noah get into the playoffs, I'll shit my in my pants and try to avoid them as hard as I can.

Wade alone almost won the series against us this year.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      If that proposed Knicks team with Wade and Noah get into the playoffs, I'll shit my in my pants and try to avoid them as hard as I can.

Wade alone almost won the series against us this year.
      Yeah if that came together, the 2017 knicks look an awful lot like 2014 nets aka a solid team

Of course we all know what happened a year later lol
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LoL. 20 million is well below market value and at that price he would be an absolute effing steal by the second year of this contract. The people who voted 'NO' to this are crazy.
        Last edited by russellhantz; Thu Jun 30, 2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
          LoL. 20 million is well below market value and at that price we would be an absolute effing steal by the second year of this contract. The people who voted 'NO' to this are crazy.
          To be fair, many of us who voted no voted that in November/December. At that point, coming off last season, it was an easier decision to say no.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            To be fair, many of us who voted no voted that in November/December. At that point, coming off last season, it was an easier decision to say no.
            Lest we forget his awful playoffs. I still say no, but I have no say and it seems inevitable so a ways back I moved on to acceptance and looking for the bright sides

Comment

Oh sorry. Is this an old poll? My bad. I thought it was posted today.

But given the cap jump and the projected cap jump next year if DeRozan were to accept 20 mill, I'd volunteer to write up the contract myself.
              Last edited by russellhantz; Thu Jun 30, 2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Lest we forget his awful playoffs. I still say no, but I have no say and it seems inevitable so a ways back I moved on to acceptance and looking for the bright sides
                Yeah, I'm basically sitting at this:

1) Bringing back DeMar is a near guarantee we'll be good, but also a near guarantee we won't be great. Maybe that's enough.

2) Letting DeMar walk brings with it the risk that we might not be good right away, but it opens up the possibility, with usage increase for the younger guys, that we can find greatness.

Comment

1) Bringing back DeMar is a near guarantee we'll be good, but also a near guarantee we won't be great. Maybe that's enough.

2) Letting DeMar walk brings with it the risk that we might not be good right away, but it opens up the possibility, with usage increase for the younger guys, that we can find greatness.
                  To #1: it doesnt mean he cant be traded later, or further additions to our core. Cap is still going up allowing for Bobby Webster gymnastics.

Do I think we can ever win a championship with Derozan as the face of the franchise chucking at will? No
                  Do I think we can ever win a championship with Derozan on our team? Yes.

Comment

In my opinion, DD being here is not the limiting factor for our younger guys' (JV in particular) usage. JV can be played more minutes with obviously no effect from DD, so that's easy. And the problem with JV's usage was not DD's high usage (which should come down, for sure, and has been lower in the past), but Scola's usage, and rotation issues (where JV got no time with the bench units where he would carry a larger portion of the offence). JV's usage with DD was 20.5%, without him was 22%. Not exactly a wild swing.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      In my opinion, DD being here is not the limiting factor for our younger guys' (JV in particular) usage. JV can be played more minutes with obviously no effect from DD, so that's easy. And the problem with JV's usage was not DD's high usage (which should come down, for sure, and has been lower in the past), but Scola's usage, and rotation issues (where JV got no time with the bench units where he would carry a larger portion of the offence). JV's usage with DD was 20.5%, without him was 22%. Not exactly a wild swing.
                      As we've seen in the past, JV isn't really the "3rd option" or "4th option", he's the center option. His touches stay pretty consistent with DD injured or Kyle resting. The touches that increase go to the backups to them, Cojo Ross and Powell. They become the defacto "ride or die".

That isn't to say JV won't get an increase this year, just an observation that Casey likes to see one guy take the role of another guy in his same position when he says "next man up"

Comment

As we've seen in the past, JV isn't really the "3rd option" or "4th option", he's the center option. His touches stay pretty consistent with DD injured or Kyle resting. The touches that increase go to the backups to them, Cojo Ross and Powell. They become the defacto "ride or die".

That isn't to say JV won't get an increase this year, just an observation that Casey likes to see one guy take the role of another guy in his same position when he says "next man up"
                        Yeah, this is what I mean. The current system is not conducive to C touches. A system tweak to increase C touches and usage is how that gets fixed. DD has little to do with it, besides being capable of scoring, and as such being a big factor in the system in place. But that doesn't mean we can't put in a SG-C dominant system that would work to get guys the same sort of looks while involving JV more.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          For me the limiting factor with DeMar will always be this:

Without the ball in his hands, what does he bring to the table?

Comment

For me the limiting factor with DeMar will always be this:

Without the ball in his hands, what does he bring to the table?
                            Can he not have the ball in his hands in a system that uses JV more? JV's a tremendous screener and roll option, and to utilize that he needs to have a ball handler.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Phill.y? what will Colangelo's pitch to DeRozan be?
                              BC apparently will offer a "complete freedom to chuck away" clause in a contract
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Do you guys think we take a step back this upcoming season? After we resign Demar we literally have no money to sign any significant free agent so we are going to be relying HEAVY on internal improvement. It's looking kind of rough for us after signing Demar unless we can pull off some trade
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X