Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, getting mixed signals on contract value. Toronto guys and Sham all have high-130's (137.5-139), and Amick has 145. I imagine it is because of incentives that take the deal up to 145M (137.5 base, 1.5M in likely incentives, and 6M in unlikely incentives). More likely IMO because 1.5M and 6M both divide nicely by 5 (300k, 1.2M) for the same incentives every year.
    Amick was the guy who put out a piece just the other day saying in effect that if DD took less on his deal that the Raps would be able to sign Biz.... Rumour has it that math is not compulsory element in sportwriting these days.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      It's amazing that you still think you'd make a better GM than Masai.

We'd have a Max'd out JV and a Max'd out Ross if you were running the show.

We would be trying to be like the Sixers at the same damn time. Remember how badly you wanted to tank? It's a shame.

Remember you said we'd never get anywhere and just this past year we were in the East Finals?? Please get off your high horse. I think it's time.

This signing is inevitable for anyone paying attention. Thank goodness we have someone like Masai who actually knows what he's doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This is a deal that can't be proven right or wrong for another year

So till then shut your yap

And a max'd JV would still be a great deal

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

If it can't be proven yet then why the hell are you already arguing that this will lead to 5 years of mediocrity and is a stupid decision.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Calling him Kobe-Lite is generous
          Kobe was an OUTSTANDING defensive player. So he had that 50% of the game too. Very generous.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
            Buncha Chicken Littles up in here...

C'mon, are you guys serious? You knew he was coming back. Someone earlier said this is a cultural signing as much as a basketball one, and that's on the money. This is the 1st player of his magnitude (All Star level) in franchise history who has always said he wanted to stay, and now has walked the walk, at a hometown discount. Discredit the discount it as small and ineffectual if you will, he still would have got the full max elsewhere and declined to even take another meeting.

And to advocate that they should have let him walk would be just simply bad management. Lose an asset like that for nothing? Ridiculous. That contract will look cheap when the cap goes up to 110M in a couple of years and will be easily tradeable throughout its lifetime, if Ujiri decides to change course. ALL the deals being signed this summer seem ludicrous, but that's the market with a cap at 95M and rising. The cap was 58M 3 years ago. You can't look at contracts the same way anymore.

DD back in Toronto is a good thing. Unless you wanted to tank and rebuild, of course. Because Lowry would be gone by next summer if not asking for a trade today.
            Your points are valid. Except perhaps the dicotemy of signing Demar or tanking. I wish we could have got him for less. I was already resigned that we would sign him for a lot of the reasons you mention. I would have loved to get him for Batum money.

But if people thought there was a huge amount of focus and critique of Demar before this contract...

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Just type the following into your sig area, and put square brackets around the first and last lines:

Quote=Abbas

First of all i was my own source

/quote
              did it work ?
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                It's amazing that you still think you'd make a better GM than Masai.

We'd have a Max'd out JV and a Max'd out Ross if you were running the show.

We would be trying to be like the Sixers at the same damn time. Remember how badly you wanted to tank? It's a shame.

Remember you said we'd never get anywhere and just this past year we were in the East Finals?? Please get off your high horse. I think it's time.

This signing is inevitable for anyone paying attention. Thank goodness we have someone like Masai who actually knows what he's doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ha. What is funny and kind of awesome, is that we all argue passionately about the team we love but we all respect and love Masai. Even when his moves might not be in agreement with our strongly held opinions. That's quite a GM.

Comment

• He's a good GM.
                  Rule of thumb.... always bitch.

this is what it is to be a sports fanatic hahahaha

I like Demar, Masai signed one of the top FA's available. People act as though they "kept" derozan...they didn't keep shit, he was a UFA.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    did it work ?
                    Yes.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Your points are valid. Except perhaps the dicotemy of signing Demar or tanking. I wish we could have got him for less. I was already resigned that we would sign him for a lot of the reasons you mention. I would have loved to get him for Batum money.

But if people thought there was a huge amount of focus and critique of Demar before this contract...
                      Richest contract ever signed by an athlete playing in Canada. Fans and skeptical analysts aren't going to care about "market value" if and when he struggles, or goes missing in the playoffs again. This is Lowry's team, but the pressure on DeRozan will increase tenfold. For his sake, I hope he uses this summer to fill in the holes in his skillset. Otherwise, it will get ugly.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                        Kobe was an OUTSTANDING defensive player. So he had that 50% of the game too. Very generous.
                        DeMar's no star Defensive guy, but he's solid enough to defend SG's and SF's at times. His play style, scoring & effectiveness is all very similar to DeMar's favourite player.

He's better than most of you think. He's efficient. But his play style doesn't fit in with how the NBA is playing now.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          DeMar's no star Defensive guy, but he's solid enough to defend SG's and SF's at times. His play style, scoring & effectiveness is all very similar to DeMar's favourite player.

He's better than most of you think. He's efficient. But his play style doesn't fit in with how the NBA is playing now.
                          Please. Stop this illogical comparison of Kobe and Demar.

Utter disrespect to one of the top 10 players to ever play the game. And Demar is a very good all star player. And it should stop there.

Comment

Your own advice is the toughest pill to swallow.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

Demar is not a good defender. Demar is not very efficient either. He is very good at getting to the line, that makes him more efficient than he otherwise would be. But he shoots a lot of bad shots. He could improve on that. I really hope he does.

Comment

lol
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X