Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I think the loyalty factor argument is all about people really wanting to argue about the loyalty factor.
    lol. Then there's always people who want to argue about people arguing about the loyalty factor argument. Welcome to the off-season.....

Thankfully, it was short this year and some summer league games are almost here! Poeltl as PF, Bruno 'stiff' and Wright vs. Portis debates are on-deck.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Masai and his schemes.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        Masai and his schemes.
        Smart Masai
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Mostly agree with what you're saying, but what I'm also seeing is that as soon as you mention that the money the Raps offered was also a huge factor in his decision (i.e. Raps didn't low-ball $/yr + 5th yr) and what Demar's options could be, you get posters jumping on your post, saying you're being "uncharitable" and/or insulting to DeMar. It's like you can't even talk about the business aspects of this (money, Demar's options, how the Durant situation factored in,....) without pissing off a some people who only want to focus on the feel-good part of the story where an all-star player in his prime chose us because he loved us. It's not a straw-man, as SR pointed out, since I've had a few of those comments directed at my posts

IMO, that's what a discussion forum should be about, to be able to look at any topic from a 360 point-of-view until you've beaten it to death. Not try to cut people off from discussing the unpleasant aspects (like dirty business details) because it takes away from the good vibes of the loyalty narrative.
          The straw man is that I haven't seen anybody discuss loyalty and be dismissive of the $$$ on the business side, but for some reason people are arguing against that "position." Who here has that position? I honestly haven't seen it. All of a sudden there were just a bunch of posts arguing against it.

The loyalty and the $$$ are both good discussion points and of course generate a range of opinions. I'd argue against the dichotomy of pitting them against each other as though they're mutually exclusive. Both are in play, I think it's pretty easy to say both were a part of the Raptors re-signing DeMar.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's Dan by the way, in the tweet he linked to.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                That's Dan by the way, in the tweet he linked to.
                Had no clue lol
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Had no clue lol
                  Pretty sure his Twitter handle is in his sig.

Hopefully Masai can use this extra wiggle room period to make something happen.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Just signed Poeltl, so 450k of that cap space is gone. So either they have something lined up that needs only some of the cap space they could use, or they are moving on to playing above the cap.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

On my phone most of the time. Dont see sigs.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Perhaps DD could teach a lesson or two to Andrew Wiggins re the ability to be both loyal to your team AND your country ? DD has way more class than Wiggins.

Comment

• Maybe the quietest this thread has been for a very long time, pretty impressive given the size of contract he signed. Good job RR!

Comment

• "You can't bet against the kid" - Masai Ujiri
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demar on TSN 1050 now. They asked him what's one thing he wants to work on this offseason. He said being a better playmaker. Let's hope he really does focus on that.

Comment

• Well his past tells you he will at the least, try 100% to do just that.

Comment

Working...
                                X