No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, Chr1st1an is taking the defence of Demar and turning it into criticism of JV - regular season must be close.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      He wasn't the only one. Lowry set records as well for his bad shooting. He will be better for it too. You can learn more from a bad experience than a good one. Im just glad Klow/Deebo confidence isn't as fragile as JV's. Confidence is one of the most important things to an NBA player.

JV might just of retire if he went through the same scrutiny Deebo/Klow went through earlier in the playoffs. Seeing how his handling the Rio experience so far.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      I mean, not to beat a dead horse, because this horse has already been through a lot, but...

Lowry shot poorly in the playoffs.

DeMar played poorly in the playoffs.

There is a HUGE difference.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I mean, not to beat a dead horse, because this horse has already been through a lot, but...

Lowry shot poorly in the playoffs.

DeMar played poorly in the playoffs.

There is a HUGE difference.
        Point is both played down from their All-star level. Those two work way too hard. The experience the gained last year will make them even better.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Point is both played down from their All-star level. Those two work way too hard. The experience the gained last year will make them even better.

No, Lowry was far-and-away the best and most important player on a team that made the Eastern Conference Finals in the playoffs. He was very, very good despite some very bad shooting.

DeMar had questionable value being on the court at all, for a large part of the playoffs.

You simply can't lump their playoff performances together without doing Lowry a MASSIVE disservice.

Comment

No, Lowry was far-and-away the best and most important player on a team that made the Eastern Conference Finals in the playoffs. He was very, very good despite some very bad shooting.

DeMar had questionable value being on the court at all, for a large part of the playoffs.

You simply can't lump their playoff performances together without doing Lowry a MASSIVE disservice.
            I mean it's hard to say anyone really positively impacted the game in the playoffs. Almost our entire lineup was below average for WS/48 (DeRozan was really, really bad though, almost zero) and the only guys who played well were Jonas and Bismack.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
              I mean it's hard to say anyone really positively impacted the game in the playoffs. Almost our entire lineup was below average for WS/48 (DeRozan was really, really bad though, almost zero) and the only guys who played well were Jonas and Bismack.
              There are pretty big differences when it comes to Derozan playing bad and Lowry playing bad. Lowry is still capable of defending and making plays for others, DD on the other hand...

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                WS is a production measure. Lowry's production indeed fell off a cliff, as did DeMar's (to a far greater extent of course). But while DeMar only ever provides production value, and that disappeared, Lowry provides tremendous impact value, making everyone around him better on both ends of the floor, and he kept doing all of that in the playoffs. In spite of his shooting woes (and inherent to that, his poor WS production), he was the top VORP producer on the team, and only slightly behind JV on a per minute basis.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He wasn't the only one. Lowry set records as well for his bad shooting. He will be better for it too. You can learn more from a bad experience than a good one. Im just glad Klow/Deebo confidence isn't as fragile as JV's. Confidence is one of the most important things to an NBA player.

JV might just of retire if he went through the same scrutiny Deebo/Klow went through earlier in the playoffs. Seeing how his handling the Rio experience so far.

Actually, the jury is still out on Lowry/DD's fragile psyche in the playoffs. If JV & the bench don't carry Lowry/DD through the Pacers series, we've got a completely different discussion happening here. Their fragile confidence almost cost a series and they got bailed out - plain and simple. Even Lowry admitted it and said it won't happen again. They still have a lot to prove.

Comment

• http://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/

Looking at this, DD took a huge discount. Around 4M$ per year.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      http://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/

Love this guy ... Best Player in this franchise EVER ...

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        http://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/

Where are you seeing that?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Where are you seeing that? I ask because DD definitely did not take any such pay cut.
                          I think he's assuming because LeBron is making $30m, DeMar could've been. Which definitely isn't how that works.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Where are you seeing that?
                            I mean, he did, but how can you tell on Hoopshype?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think he's assuming because LeBron is making $30m, DeMar could've been. Which definitely isn't how that works.
                              Sure. But giving the benefit of the doubt, DD actually took about a 3M per year pay cut as an average over his 5 years relative to what we could offer, and a 1M cut per year over his first 4 compared to what others could offer.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is DeMar's deal actually a flat rate deal like shown in that hoopshype article? If so it really doesn't look bad at all. It'll be ~25% of the cap for the duration of the deal. That is, assuming something wasn't agreed upon in the CBA negotiations that would lower the cap from where it's projected to be.

*Just checked basketball insiders and it checks out. Hoopshype isn't very good though they're missing a lot of player options (like DeMar and Westbrook's for example).
                                Last edited by Lupe; Mon Oct 24, 2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X