Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Maybe find a post where i'm declaring anything.

I'm enjoying the shock and awe from you guys. My posts were for the people who wanted to trade him that are all surprised and praising him now.......People like you. You guys can jump on the bandwagon....lots of room.

Knowing this thread throughout the years....I know you can't wait for him to come back to earth so that you can jump back off and declare how much you hate his game. I accepted the flaws a long time ago and enjoyed the really good parts of his game. So regardless of what happens, you won't find me picking up a torch.
    If DeMar sucks epicly again in the playoffs, I'll carry an extra torch for you, so don't worry. And this is coming from a poster who has both liberally praised DeMar AND frequently traded him. That's pretty fair, I think. Waaay too early for "told ya so".

Regular season DeMar (and Kyle) still have a lot left to #ProveEm that they're not fool's gold in the playoffs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Lol

This thread keeps evolving eh?
      Devolving more like it.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        If DeMar sucks epicly again in the playoffs, I'll carry an extra torch for you, so don't worry. And this is coming from a poster who has both liberally praised DeMar AND frequently traded him. That's pretty fair, I think. Waaay too early for "told ya so".

Regular season DeMar (and Kyle) still have a lot left to #ProveEm that they're not fool's gold in the playoffs.
        This is more or less how I feel. Demar needs to play like it when it counts before he can erase all sins.

Can't fault how he's playing right now though.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm with Axel and golden here, and would add:

What he's doing is equal parts impressive and unsustainable. He's not going to shoot like this from midrange all year.

It's a real question of when he regresses, how hard, and where he finds himself at the end of the season. We can't answer any of those yet.

In the meantime, the show is fun and he's playing fantastic.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

They called us homers for believing...for defending him......now a lot of people are seeing what we've seen coming. You know who we are.
            I don't understand this "I told you so" sentiment that's so prevalent around RR. Anytime their player has a string of good games, it's all "I TOLD YOU GUYS I'M THE PROPHET. YOU SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE FOR DOUBTING PLAYER X". Makes it feel like you're a fan of the player and not a fan of the team.

Anyway, it's only been 4 games. Maybe wait for at least half a season before gloating?

Edit: In case you've forgotten. Demar was absolute hot garbage in the playoffs (especially round 1 and 2) and has been for two years in a row.
            Last edited by hotfuzz; Fri Nov 4, 2016, 04:32 PM.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I mean I'm pretty sure everyone knows this isn't sustainable. If he were to maintain this level of play or anything close to it for a season he'll have had a season that nobody in the history of the league has replicated so it's safe to say he'll fall off at some point, the numbers through the first 4 games pretty much outclass anything Michael Jordan has ever done over a season. .300+ WS/48, 60%+ TS%, on 38% usage while scoring 35 points per game with a PER of 34.8 is unheard of.

It's a hot streak. He's actually shooting more mid-range jumpers than normal and a hair under 60% from 16-23 feet when he's never broken 42% before. I think he's definitely gotten better but to imagine he jumped from last year to basically better than Michael Jordan is, well, unimaginable. I think he'll end up outperforming last season, maybe scoring in the mid-high 20s per game and getting closer to .200 WS/48 but his final season numbers won't be anything close to what they are now.

Comment

• My oh my.

How sweet. It. Is.

Comment

Same player. Just more experienced and more mature. Is this the new argument from people? "I never saw it coming...."..Hello!

People wanted to trade the guy. People wanted to let him walk. People are starting to re-evaluate their talent judging i bet.
                  Perfectly said ... These guys has been asking for trade of DD while ignoring the FACT that this guy has improved every summer an has become a better player year after year.

They can not wait till DD's number fall again ... Over 1000 pages of TRADE him ... and now, they have to sit back, shut their mouth and see how great this guy is becoming.

Comment

• hahaha he can't win with writers
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

hahaha he can't win with writers
                      Very unfair comparison, Lillard made 5 threes and made 13 free throws. Demar isn't a good 3 point shooter and made 6 and 11 free throws in the 40 point games, although he did miss 5 in the second one.

Comment

• Same guy. Same game. The game has just slowed down for him. You gain that from experience. The good and the bad.

Maple Jordan stat prediction

25.5, 4.5, 4.5 right under 50 percent from the field.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Nov 5, 2016, 12:46 AM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The fabled USA Basketball experience is legit man

Comment

• Straight killin' it.

I loved that JJ (paraphrased by Devlin) quote from the last game "DeMar has like 198 different moves he can roll out on you".

Comment

• He's playing out of his mindful now and its just joyful to watch (Which tbh is needed at the moment). He's just so comfortable and calm out there, playing with poise.

Comment

• If DD keeps this up at what point can we crown him as a better player then Vince Carter as the best SG in Raps history?

Comment

Working...
                                X