Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    They are just trapping him. Demar isn't hitting the roller. The issue here is the top of the arc PnR. You either need to do a higher PnR or avoid it at all.
    Trapping DeMar is not a new thing and the really disappointing part is that DeMar was actually handling the trap quite well when Lowry was out. He was giving up the ball early and then getting it back late. The ball was moving nicely and the DD and team was playing great defense. We were all so hopeful that maybe DeMar had reached another level in his game.

And on paper, having Lowry take Joseph's spot should have improved the offense even more without sacrificing defense - making the Raps almost unstoppable. But somehow having Lowry come back didn't work out like we all thought it would, i.e., it was supposed to bring only goodness. I dunno what it is - maybe when Kyle and DeMar are on the court together they instinctively look for each other first, and that makes the Raps offense more predictable? Maybe Kyle changes the mindset of the team to offense first? I dunno. Both of them have to play at an all-star level in the same game to even give us have a chance, and that seems rare.

I mean, DeMar has been held under 20 pts in 4 of 8 playoff games and under 10 pts (WTF) in 2 games. Lowry is improving, but he is still well below expectations for a 2-time all-star. PJ and Serge have made zero impact on defense. And the rest of the team is missing shots. When the problems are spread this wide on both sides of the ball, I think you have to suspect that the problem is systemic.

Comment

• Trade Derozan this offseason.

Let's build this team properly from the draft.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Trade Derozan this offseason.

Let's build this team properly from the draft.

I realize everyone is pi@@ed off,but this team is not that far..a new head coach,better veteran bench core players and all star sf. I really don't want 2 c re build...yikes..
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          I realize everyone is pi@@ed off,but this team is not that far..a new head coach,better veteran bench core players and all star sf. I really don't want 2 c re build...yikes..
          I hear ya because it not fun watching a loser but we have to really try again. Masai has to make a very tough call and finally form his own team.

Ujiri tried his hardest but we just ain't good enough.

I understand though where you're coming from so you may have a different opinion about building a team.

Comment

• We could end up like Minnesota where we stockpile good, but not transcendent talent, and just wallow in mediocrity for 5+ years.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
              We could end up like Minnesota where we stockpile good, but not transcendent talent, and just wallow in mediocrity for 5+ years.
              Or we get lucky and we can be the next Warriors then we get our own Iggy and Steve Kerr

Comment

Or we get lucky and we can be the next Warriors then we get our own Iggy and Steve Kerr
                Then we're both in agreement it's pretty much dumb luck. I'm not big on giving up on this core just yet, I'm more curious on seeing how the roster does with a new coach. Especially given our mediocre history, I'd much rather not see yet another rebuilding phase where we might just end up back at this point again anyway in 5 years.

Comment

Then we're both in agreement it's pretty much dumb luck. I'm not big on giving up on this core just yet, I'm more curious on seeing how the roster does with a new coach. Especially given our mediocre history, I'd much rather not see yet another rebuilding phase where we might just end up back at this point again anyway in 5 years.
                  My main concern is even with a new coach, I don't think that person whoever that is, would be able to convert Derozan to a playmaker, three point shooter, passer and relentless defender.

By the way, do you have a coach in mind who is available who can transform a player like Derozan ???

A million dollar question but a serious one

Comment

My main concern is even with a new coach, I don't think that person whoever that is, would be able to convert Derozan to a playmaker, three point shooter, passer and relentless defender.

By the way, do you have a coach in mind who is available who can transform a player like Derozan ???

You mean someone who can get on his ass about defensive assignments every play and keep him disciplined offensively?
                    *Btw, I don't think Demar will ever become a 3-point shooter, so let's just scratch that for now.

The most obvious coaches would be Popovich or Thibedeau. In terms of guys who aren't coaching at the moment, maybe Messina?

Comment

You mean someone who can get on his ass about defensive assignments every play and keep him disciplined offensively?
                      *Btw, I don't think Demar will ever become a 3-point shooter, so let's just scratch that for now.

The most obvious coaches would be Popovich or Thibedeau. In terms of guys who aren't coaching at the moment, maybe Messina?
                      I think Messina.

Pop and Thib definitely are not available

Hard call for Masai

Comment

DeRozan averages 4 assist a game, how much SG average more?
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Messina transforming Derozan to be a Harden lite, I wish him all the best in the world

Harden ain't even a good defender either.

Mt Everest like task for a new coach

I can't figure out who else that great who is available unless you may think of someone else later

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                            DeRozan averages 4 assist a game, how much SG average more?
                            Lol

Not enough dude if you want him to be the next Harden... I mean night in and night out triple double machine

You tried

Comment

• This discussion should not be happening period. I'm sorry, but if you can't notice that the players on this team are winning by sheer force of will - IN-SPITE - of the x's and o's you're not watching.

Derozan is a great citizen. Team player. Works his ass off. In the right system he would continue to evolve into a better player, and his team would also go with him. We don't have that system.

So instead we have threads like this, that miss the mark by a wide margin.

Comment

Lol

Not enough dude if you want him to be the next Harden... I mean night in and night out triple double machine

You tried
                                You're the one saying he has to be the next Harden, no one else is.

Comment

Working...
                                X