Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Lowry should the highest rated PG in the East period if you judge every aspect of ever player's game to a 100% tee. End of story. Lowry is the most efficient of everyone on offense & actually plays D.
    Lowry's D has dropped off. IT was better than him overall last year imho.

Wall was also better.

Comment

• Lowry would be around 20th for me

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Lowry's D has dropped off. IT was better than him overall last year imho.

Wall was also better.
        Okay... raw numbers from last year Shaolin, pulled from B-Ball Reference:

Lowry: 22 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 46% FG, 41% 3FG, TS of 62%, OWS of 7.8 (in 60 games... full season, he's up to a 10.6.... and he still finished 14th among all players at all positions) DRTG: 109 ORTG: 123

Irving: 25 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 47% FG, 40% 3FG, TS of 58%, OWS of 7.4 (72 games played, full 82 gives Kyrie a 8.4) DRTG: 112 ORTG: 116

Thomas: 29 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 46% FG, 38% 3FG, TS of 62%, OWS of 10.9 (79 games played, full 82 gives IT a 11.3) DRTG: 112 ORTG: 122

Wall: 23 points, 4 rebounds, 11 assists, 45% FG, 32% 3FG, TS of 54%, OWS of 5.8 (78 games played, full 82 keep wall at a 5.8) DRTG: 108 ORTG: 111

The numbers are close, but Lowry gets the edge considering he's the #2 option for his team (Like Kyrie was), his shooting is sublime (Something Wall doesn't have) & he actually plays well on the defensive end (Unlike Kyrie or IT) & also rebounds well, not to mention he was actually the most efficient offensive player of the 4. He's the best PG in the East & there's no bullshit here. He would've made All-NBA 3rd Team again this year had it not been for his wrist, and the numbers back it up better than most realize. So yeah, take Kyrie, take Wall and take IT. I'll take Lowry anyday.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Lowry should the highest rated PG in the East period if you judge every aspect of ever player's game to a 100% tee. End of story. Lowry is the most efficient of everyone on offense & actually plays D.
          Exactly what I'm waiting on seeing. If you want to put a guy like Khris Middleton above DeMar because of advanced stats like RPM, that's cool. But Lowry better be damn near the top 10 if you want to go down that route.

Comment

• SI right now
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Regardless of how you feel about Demar's SI ranking or the assessment written, I'd like to say that it's quite nice too see such a detailed and legit analysis of a Raptor player. Instead of mailing in the generic "gifted scorer who gets forgotten in Canada" write up that we've seen a millions they actually went into details, touching on many of the debates that have littered this thread for years. In fact, Demar's write up seemed longer than most others, so props to that.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• That said, I think the SI assessment is bang on. Couldn't care less about the rankings but the assessment is exactly how I feel about Demar.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  ...Michael Jordan also was named Defensive Player of the Year, and was a 9x All-Defensive 1st Teamer.

I'm as big a Demar fan as there is (or almost anyway ... looking at your Christian. Lol), but lets be real, there really is no comparison/parallel with the GOAT Michael Jordan, except to say that 3's aren't/weren't their specialty - Jordan averaged below 30% in 9 of his 15 seasons; Demar is 6 of 8.

Either way, Jordan didn't let his lack of 3 define him, and I don't expect Demar will either. But that should be the end of this Jordan vs Demar discussion. Haha

So .. I'm not sure who I agree with here.... Lol
                  I think a better discussion is Maggette VS Demar.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    I think a better discussion is Maggette VS Demar.
                    Oh Demar is already WAY better than Maggette ever was, and accomplished far more. There's not much of a discussion there either.

Comment

• Not this again.

Maggette is not even in DeRozan's level.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Not this again.

Maggette is not even in DeRozan's level.
                        I agree with you. I can see the Dominique comparisons tho.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          I agree with you. I can see the Dominique comparisons tho.
                          Man this is one I haven't actually heard before and it seems like a good one. I'm looking at their stats on basketball reference, and they're actually really fucking similar. Don't have access to shot charts for Nique (maybe someone does?) but from what I've seen of him on old DVDs/videos he operated a lot in the mid-range and as a slasher like DeMar does too.

Nique had crazy longevity though. First all-star season at 26 and remained an all-star every year until he was 34.

Comment

• John Wall is the best point guard in the east and the second best point guard in the league.

Curry
                            Wall
                            CP3
                            Russ
                            Kyle
                            IT
                            Damian Lillard

He's the best defending PG, even better than CP. He's developing a shot, he's an incredible passer, aggressive scorer and he can take over games when his team needs him to. I'd trade anyone on this team for Wall in a heartbeat.

Comment

• I might put mike Conley ahead of dame. It's debatable.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                John Wall is the best point guard in the east and the second best point guard in the league.

Curry
                                Wall
                                CP3
                                Russ
                                Kyle
                                IT
                                Damian Lillard

He's the best defending PG, even better than CP. He's developing a shot, he's an incredible passer, aggressive scorer and he can take over games when his team needs him to. I'd trade anyone on this team for Wall in a heartbeat.
                                On no planet is Wall better than both Russell Westbrook and CP3

Comment

Working...
                                X