No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assists are cool and all.. but if you really want the team to win then get some of those hockey assists in. It's the 2nd or 3rd assist that's usually more valuable than the 1st.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Ugh, Koreen and his "features" guarded behind a paywall.

Comment

• Yeah, it's only one game against weaker opposition than the Harlem Globetrotters faced, but an interesting quote by Casey.....

Raptors coach Dwane Casey said of his team’s approach. “If you’ve got that one-on-one ability, and you’ve done that for your whole career, three-time all-star, Olympian, we’re asking (DeRozan) to do something that’s against his nature, which he’s trying to do for the team. Where other guys, they have to play that way.

“So we may have two different styles, or semi-styles. I love the way we’re playing, we’ve got to play that way, but we’ve got to find a niche for (DeRozan), to find his scoring niche. Kyle is a great three-point shooter, so it’s easier for him.”
        https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...in-arthur.html

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Yeah, it's only one game against weaker opposition than the Harlem Globetrotters faced, but an interesting quote by Casey.....

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...in-arthur.html
          I was wondering about this myself, and one of the main reasons I was skeptical about this "new, high-octane" offense.

DeRozan's game would be affected the most, because of his inability to hit the long ball. He's less of a system player, and more of a guy who hunts his own shot (and does so remarkably well, I might add).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            the notion of paying to read eric koreen is supposed to be hilarious, right?

Comment

Pass
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                TRex wrote: View Post
                Pass

Comment

• My only problem with Demar going all out for assists is that he's not THAT good a passer. He needs to take what the defense gives him, if it's a pass that's within his capabilities then take the pass, if it's a high percentage shot take that. I just don't want him trying to out-do Kyle or Delon with high risk passes out there.

I'm more than content with 2nd half of Bucks series Demar coming out for this season, especially if that bench mob is for real.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    I subscribe it's actually really great. Lots of other teams coverage too.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      My only problem with Demar going all out for assists is that he's not THAT good a passer. He needs to take what the defense gives him, if it's a pass that's within his capabilities then take the pass, if it's a high percentage shot take that. I just don't want him trying to out-do Kyle or Delon with high risk passes out there.

I'm more than content with 2nd half of Bucks series Demar coming out for this season, especially if that bench mob is for real.
                      I trust that he'll get better at the passing part, as the season progresses. Last year, he tended to pass mainly once his shot/space was taken away. So far this year, he's looking to pass even when he's got a good shot available. Hoping he finds a happy median between these 2 extremes once he gets comfortable with the new schemes.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Here's a novel concept: Just make the right play! If you have the advantage on a defender or an open lane, go for the bucket. If someone else is in a better spot with a clear passing lane, make the pass! This notion Derozan is being sacrificed because he's passing now is stupid. ITS BASKETBALL! MAKE THE RIGHT PLAY

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Here's a novel concept: Just make the right play! If you have the advantage on a defender or an open lane, go for the bucket. If someone else is in a better spot with a clear passing lane, make the pass! This notion Derozan is being sacrificed because he's passing now is stupid. ITS BASKETBALL! MAKE THE RIGHT PLAY

Make the right play??? -- Let's not get ahead of ourselves!!! .... That's for 2018/2019.
                            #trusttheprocess

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Here's a novel concept: Just make the right play! If you have the advantage on a defender or an open lane, go for the bucket. If someone else is in a better spot with a clear passing lane, make the pass! This notion Derozan is being sacrificed because he's passing now is stupid. ITS BASKETBALL! MAKE THE RIGHT PLAY

This.

Way too many turnovers in that first game. You don't FORCE the pass to get assists. That's actually worse than forcing a bad shot. At least a bad shot could actually go in or someone has the chance to get a rebound. A bad pass is a turnover of possession.

Comment

• Any change of this magnitude is going to take time. I am fine with them taking bad passes now as they force some, in the process of ingraining passing as a reflex action when they see an opportunity for a better shot. They have to even get in the habit of looking for a better shot.

Some people on the forum seem to be ready for a rebuild, and all that it entails, but are impatient with bad passes one game into the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X