Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine wrote: View Post
    Has anyone listened to the Woj inteview with Derozan? Apparently he and kyle didnt talk their entire first year together and demar almost asked for a trade? Can someone explain since i cant listen to it while at work

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Listening now. Everybody on the team sort of felt like Lowry was just passing through at the time, Kyle didn't really make friends with anyone early on.

DeMar did say that if Lowry had been traded, he thought about asking for a trade, because he didn't want to go through another rebuild.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Listening now. Everybody on the team sort of felt like Lowry was just passing through at the time, Kyle didn't really make friends with anyone early on.

DeMar did say that if Lowry had been traded, he thought about asking for a trade, because he didn't want to go through another rebuild.
      Thanks Dan. Anything else noteworthy from the interview?

Comment

It's worth a listen. DeMar talks a bit about his and Lowry's co-leadership of the team, their dynamic in the room, his work ethic (he gets up at 4:15 am every day to go work out, or did in the summer, not sure if he meant in-season)...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

When Woj spoke to Masai prior to the interview for something about Demar, Masai told him DD has NEVER been late for ANYTHING. Bus, practice, meetings, anything. Demar explained to Woj that he's not a talker in a leadership role (that's Kyle), but his leadership is by example.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            When Woj spoke to Masai prior to the interview for something about Demar, Masai told him DD has NEVER been late for ANYTHING. Bus, practice, meetings, anything. Demar explained to Woj that he's not a talker in a leadership role (that's Kyle), but his leadership is by example.
            DeMar repeats that never late line in this interview too. He's clearly proud of it.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• And his drive to succeed here in Toronto. People told him after he was drafted things along the lines of don't worry, you'll be out of there in a couple of years, but he didn't feel that way. And the fact this was the only place he wanted to sign when he was a UFA. Plenty of other players like the attention of teams and media fawning over them and courting them even when they knew they would re-sign with their current club. Demar hated it. He just wanted to resign and get it over with.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Woj pod on derozan. Haven’t listened yet

Comment

• Just turned it on. Woj prefaces it by saying of the 100 or so pods he's done this is one of his favourites.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Just turned it on. Woj prefaces it by saying of the 100 or so pods he's done this is one of his favourites.
                    Sports illustrated is calling it his 46th best podcast
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      My three bullet points for Derozan to elevate the Raptors in becoming a serious contender in the playoffs:
                      • Shooting the Three with accuracy and efficiency

• Defend his position

• Sharing the ball and making his teammates better

All Along....These has been my major criticism of his game and it seems he is proving the Claw wrong.
                      The claw's grip.... loosening?

You've gone soft. Pshhh

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        The claw's grip.... loosening?

You've gone soft. Pshhh
                        I'm sure the Claw is waiting on the old DD to show up again.

This was probably him screaming at his tv after DD scored 52:

Comment

Has anyone listened to the Woj inteview with Derozan? Apparently he and kyle didnt talk their entire first year together and demar almost asked for a trade? Can someone explain since i cant listen to it while at work

There's a pretty good summary on blake murphy's twitter for anyone who can't listen. Although its a damn good interview IMO and you should listen to it when you can.

Comment

• Where can I find this podcast?

Comment

• https://player.fm/series/the-woj-pod/demar-derozan

Comment

• Just finished it, it's really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X