Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I could definitely see a Demar for Wiggins & a pick deal, if Masai wants to roll the dice. Masai pretty much stated around the time he was drafted that getting him to Toronto was the long term goal. Unfortunately, it’s a buy low scenario and a hope/prayer that a new coach can spark that fire in him. Demar, Butler and Towns would be a real force in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a buy low scenario for both teams, really. Especially after yet another year of playoff struggles for DeRozan.

Comment

• Any DeMar for Wiggins deal would need to happen in July. And I wouldn't want to trade DeMar for Wiggins straight up. I'd need additional picks. There is upside to Wiggins, but he's not realizing it very well yet and he's signed for a long, long time.

They have a 2018 pick from OKC (not their own though). And their own pick in 2019 and beyond. If they agree on the trade at the draft, MIN can draft for the Raptors with that OKC pick, and trade that prospect, their 2019 pick, and Wiggins for DeMar. That's the sort of deal I'd be interested in.

I don't think Minny would be interested in it, but hey, maybe.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Any DeMar for Wiggins deal would need to happen in July. And I wouldn't want to trade DeMar for Wiggins straight up. I'd need additional picks. There is upside to Wiggins, but he's not realizing it very well yet and he's signed for a long, long time.

They have a 2018 pick from OKC (not their own though). And their own pick in 2019 and beyond. If they agree on the trade at the draft, MIN can draft for the Raptors with that OKC pick, and trade that prospect, their 2019 pick, and Wiggins for DeMar. That's the sort of deal I'd be interested in.

I don't think Minny would be interested in it, but hey, maybe.
        I think they would (and I agree with you on getting those picks too), Thibodeau rates DeRozan very highly from what I've read and he's someone who's durable who he can play 38mpg and not worry about injuries or fatigue.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          I think they would (and I agree with you on getting those picks too), Thibodeau rates DeRozan very highly from what I've read and he's someone who's durable who he can play 38mpg and not worry about injuries or fatigue.
          Yeah, I just question their willingness to include multiple picks.

I also like that deal because it leaves room for my preferred route, which is competing next season and gauging Lowry/Ibaka value at the deadline/following draft. Sheds a little salary, but they probably chase a Powell deal to be able to bring back VanVleet, and Wiggins is a big enough name they can probably justify paying the tax to ownership if they are still competing and have a big (local) name like that coming back in for DeMar, meaning they don't need to shed assets to shed salary.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It's a buy low scenario for both teams, really. Especially after yet another year of playoff struggles for DeRozan.
            It's not a buy low for the Wolves, assuming Derozan's role on that team would be 3rd option, or 2A/2B. Yes, it's a huge salary overpay, but not a buy-low. With Demar as a 3rd option, the Wolves would be getting a bonafide shot creator, who would feast with the spotlight off him.

Hey I'm not sold on Wiggins, and hate his demeanor, but just saying that this is the type of "bold" off-season move that could be made for optics / upside.

Demar for Beal is another interesting idea.

Comment

• Wait someone here actually wants Wiggins? For real? Isn't the problem with this team that they become mentally stupid when the playoffs become challenging? Wiggins by far is not the answer to that problem.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Wait someone here actually wants Wiggins? For real? Isn't the problem with this team that they become mentally stupid when the playoffs become challenging? Wiggins by far is not the answer to that problem.
                I think the goal is to shed salary and get a pick or 2 over actually wanting Wiggins.

Comment

Wait someone here actually wants Wiggins? For real? Isn't the problem with this team that they become mentally stupid when the playoffs become challenging? Wiggins by far is not the answer to that problem.
                  I don't want Wiggins, but I'm suggesting for those people who think Masai should do something to shake up the team for the sake of doing something bold.... that move would qualify. I want no part of Wiggins. And based on Masai's history, I don't think he's influenced much by fans of external pressure to "do something".

Comment

Wiggins physical tools make his upside nearly superstar level. Jury is way out on whether he reaches that or not though. It's a risky move tbh which is why like DanH said we need more assets coming back. DeRozan is the superior asset right now in a trade.

Comment

Could justify that Wiggins has the "elite" talent that every team covets, but just hasn't realized his own potential yet. He's still only 23, and made improvements every year (up until last year, that is).

It's a high-risk, high-reward move for sure.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        I think the goal is to shed salary and get a pick or 2 over actually wanting Wiggins.
                        Trading for Wiggins doesn't really shed salary. He'll be making 30M a year over the next 5.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Could justify that Wiggins has the "elite" talent that every team covets, but just hasn't realized his own potential yet. He's still only 23, and made improvements every year (up until last year, that is).

It's a high-risk, high-reward move for sure.
                          I look at it as similar to the Oladipo move, except his upside is higher. Trading a star wing for a young, athletic, high potential hometown guy making big money already, who hasn't really shown the potential he did pre-draft.

Comment

• I just have this feeling that's DeMar's head wasn't really in basketball the last half of the season, and I think the start of the series exacerbated his stress and self-loathing levels. And I think it's understandable given the health of his father.

I don't know, Demar has performed much better in other Cleveland series', this one just seemed to get to him somehow.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              No i want Wiggins.

I don't get what everyone's issue is. I get the non chalant demeanor. It can be annoying. But he just turned 23. I still see star potential there.

Compare Wiggins first 3 years to DeRozan's first 3 years.

Wiggins was gettting better every year before last season. Wiggins averaged 16ppg in his rookie year. 20ppg the following year. 24ppg last year. Last season he averaged 17ppg. After the season he admitted himself that he struggled being the 3rd guy.

Of all the fans in the NBA, Raptors fans should know what Wiggins is capable of when he's on his game. The issue with him is consistency.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                No i want Wiggins.

I don't get what everyone's issue is. I get the non chalant demeanor. It can be annoying. But he just turned 23. I still see star potential there.

Compare Wiggins first 3 years to DeRozan's first 3 years.

Wiggins was gettting better every year before last season. Wiggins averaged 16ppg in his rookie year. 20ppg the following year. 24ppg last year. Last season he averaged 17ppg. After the season he admitted himself that he struggled being the 3rd guy.

Of all the fans in the NBA, Raptors fans should know what Wiggins is capable of when he's on his game. The issue with him is consistency.
                                I agree. Wiggins still has star potential, more than Demar. Demar on the other hand is really close to reaching his peak. He can improve his 3 point shooting, but i don’t see him being a better defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X