Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Realistically, how hard would this be to achieve? I mean, it would take time, and practicce, but there is nothing physically demanding about it.
    1. you need to know the role of every player on every set play and the options off that play.
    2. You need to recognize when you are about to be forced into a bad situation, which means you need to recognize the defenses against the play you are running, and either counter it or get rid of the ball before the defense has fully implemented their response.
    3. You need to practice responding to the defense more than you need to practice taking the shot from any particular position.

This is just about tedious repetition. I think any team with hard working players could do it. Obviously you don't wind up with a well oiled machine in year one, but because something like this is incremental, you could make improvements all over the place if you worked at it hard enough. Generally the Raptors, and most other teams, don't look like they work on more than two levels of pass, let alone three or four...but three or four are what happens when you have a core stick together for 3-6 years. And I think it is easier to integrate other players in if everybody around them knows what is supposed to happen next.
    I agree with your post overall but before you can get to the practice and repetition you need the talent and the coaching.

Raptors talent obviously still needs major upgrading.

I respect Casey's ability to motivate and keep a locker room. I'm far from convinced about his in game decision making and his offensive prowess.

Comment

• Well one person voted for DeRozan on the all-defensive second team so clearly he's one of the best defensive wings in the league

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        Well one person voted for DeRozan on the all-defensive second team so clearly he's one of the best defensive wings in the league
        James Harden got 2 votes.. soo yeah..

Comment

Well one person voted for DeRozan on the all-defensive second team so clearly he's one of the best defensive wings in the league
          DeRozan would have a hard time just making the Raptors' all-defensive second team, given the stiff competition on the wings from Ross, Fields and Salmons... he'd definitely get the 4th defensive wing spot though (Stone didn't get enough PT to qualify).

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            James Harden got 2 votes.. soo yeah..
            That's pretty damn alarming...

Comment

• puffer's point about continuity is great. the spurs operate so well because they know each other's games, have played together for so long and trust each other
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Redo the 2009 Draft

6. Minnesota Timberwolves | Actual Pick: Jonny Flynn
                Elhassan's pick: Lawson | Thorpe's pick: DeMar DeRozan

Thorpe: Bingo. With DeRozan, the Wolves have athletic guards to partner with Kevin Love, and suddenly they are a team on the rise. The Flynn-Rubio draft choice will go down as one of the all-time biggest draft blunders. Imagine being able to build your starting backcourt for more than a decade and choosing not to.

Elhassan: Lawson's definitely up there for me as well, and it says a lot that he's only the third-best point guard in this class! In this scenario, Minnesota still ends up with him running the show, giving Love a bona fide floor general and defensive counterpart in Gibson.
                9. Toronto Raptors | Actual Pick: DeMar DeRozan
                Elhassan's pick: DeRozan | Thorpe's pick: DeJuan Blair

Elhassan: DeRozan finally blossomed this year after Rudy Gay was shipped to Sacramento, and he has really developed a Harden-esque knack for getting to the free throw line frequently. He's also deadly in the open court as a high-flying thoroughbred. I'm not a fan of his penchant for contested midrange shots or his lackluster effort on the defensive end, but the potential is there.

Thorpe: The Raptors desperately needed some toughness then, and if Blair had ACLs, I can't imagine they would have passed on him. As it turns out, they shouldn't have even with no ACLs. He has been durable and productive and efficient. It took them years to play with the kind of energy he brings nightly.
                http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...iffin-go-first
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• So basically, we should only trade derozan for a top 6 pick this year.

Someone I would really like on the raptors (with DD) is Noah Vonleh, that frontcourt with JV and him would be legendary.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Didn't want to start an entire thread for this.. but DeMar DeRozan got a vote for the all defensive second team. So someone out there believes that DeMar was a good defender last year

Results:
                    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/06/02/2...-defense-team/

Voting breakdown:
                    http://www.nba.com/media/060214-2013...Team-Votes.pdf

... and the voter was not from Toronto

Kyle Lowry on the other hand got 3 first place votes, and 4 second place votes.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Didn't want to start an entire thread for this.. but DeMar DeRozan got a vote for the all defensive second team. So someone out there believes that DeMar was a good defender last year .... and the voter was not from Toronto...
                      That explains it. :-)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Didn't want to start an entire thread for this.. but DeMar DeRozan got a vote for the all defensive second team. So someone out there believes that DeMar was a good defender last year

Results:
                        http://www.nba.com/2014/news/06/02/2...-defense-team/

Voting breakdown:
                        http://www.nba.com/media/060214-2013...Team-Votes.pdf

... and the voter was not from Toronto

Kyle Lowry on the other hand got 3 first place votes, and 4 second place votes.
                        Stop about this voting bullshit. It just a proof that NBA got too many stupid journos. NBA needs to fix this because it's fucking embarrasing. For real.

Why the hell would you give 2 votes for James Harden? Jeez that's just embarrasing.

He actually got more votes than Drummond and Draymond Green. Draymond plays defense 5 times better than this flopper. Sorry, but this voting is freaking joke.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jun 4, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan for 56 points for the All NBA team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• DeRozan's all defense vote was either because.

A.) His initials are D.D., and one of the voters was just like fuck it
                            B.) The voter looked at his isolation d stats (best in the NBA) and used that to decide
                            C.) The voter closed his eyes and selected a name.

Love DeMar but doesn't have any place on an all-defensive team. He is a solid defender though, better than what most people give him credit for here (ie. being a turnstile)

Comment

Yeah that was probably Matt devlin
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                Yeah that was probably Matt devlin
                                No it wasn't, it was Brian Davis from Fox Sports Oklahoma.

Devlin did vote for Lowry though.

Comment

Working...
                                X