Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Actually...... scratch DeRozan is on a good contract.

Dollar wise it is very good.

But if we're going to use the benefit of hindsight to say he lived up to his potential, then we should use the benefit of hindsight to say it wasn't long enough.

Restricted free agency is suppose to provide the team with rights leverage.

The Tyreke Evans deal is often used as a measuring stick. Let me ask RR this: would you rather DD at 3 years and $9.5M with player option for year 4 (which is not going to be used) or 4 years and $11M?

I'd rather the 4 years at $11M..... with the benefit of hindsight, of course.
    I think that's getting too specific into comparing contracts.

On the surface, DD's contract is good on the sense that it doesn't mess up the cap settings and it gives so much possibility moving forward. That's enough to frame DD as a player with a good contract.

With the way these new contracts are being signed, I think, if we were to trade DD (assuming he would leave after next year) I believe half the teams in this league I'll jump with great offers to snap him off us.

Raps

Comment

Actually...... scratch DeRozan is on a good contract.

Dollar wise it is very good.

But if we're going to use the benefit of hindsight to say he lived up to his potential, then we should use the benefit of hindsight to say it wasn't long enough.

Restricted free agency is suppose to provide the team with rights leverage.

The Tyreke Evans deal is often used as a measuring stick. Let me ask RR this: would you rather DD at 3 years and $9.5M with player option for year 4 (which is not going to be used) or 4 years and $11M?

I'd rather the 4 years at $11M..... with the benefit of hindsight, of course.
      Haha, that's getting pretty desperate to retain some level of credibility for pissing all over BC for the DD signing. It was a great signing, but I want more, sheeesh.

If BC had signed him at $11M for 4 years, how much crazier would the RR bellyaching have been? For all we know, the player option may have been DD's agent's demand to sign that deal, or we could have lost him this year, or had to pay him much more. It was a great deal, period. Even with hindsight, asking for your cake after already eating it is a tad much.

Besides, over the long term, it could all be best for all. That contract gives the Raps another $1.5M to play with over the next 2 years, and by 2016/17, the Raps could be close enough to contender status that paying bigger $ for DD, and going over the cap to do so, could well be in the MLSE playbook. No big deal if he's worth it.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
        Haha, that's getting pretty desperate to retain some level of credibility for pissing all over BC for the DD signing. It was a great signing, but I want more, sheeesh.

If BC had signed him at $11M for 4 years, how much crazier would the RR bellyaching have been? For all we know, the player option may have been DD's agent's demand to sign that deal, or we could have lost him this year, or had to pay him much more. It was a great deal, period. Even with hindsight, asking for your cake after already eating it is a tad much.

Besides, over the long term, it could all be best for all. That contract gives the Raps another $1.5M to play with over the next 2 years, and by 2016/17, the Raps could be close enough to contender status that paying bigger $ for DD, and going over the cap to do so, could well be in the MLSE playbook. No big deal if he's worth it.
        Actually I still am pissing on him for some details.

Never should have had a player option.
        Still feel he should have waited for RFA - you'll notice despite all these huge signings all are UFA.
        If Raps received an offer sheet they could have S&T as Kings did with Evans returning Vasquez and 2 second round picks. If they had wanted Lopez they could have had him too - a starting C to boot.

As for the bellyaching - it would have been enormous. But the bellyaching wasn't limited to just RR. Raptor reporters and national media all crapped on it. It also wasn't just the amount of money it was the details I listed above.

As for the extra $1.5M per year, true. However come 2016 it is going to be a $5.5M difference as his cap hold when he opts out is $14.5M.

As for my credibility, I thought that was long gone anyways.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          And we had a lockout not too long ago to fix, what???

The owners must be looking at that $2B Clippers offer and thinking it's time to go all in now, load up the rosters and sell off the teams to the next group of pigeons before the bubble bursts.

No other rational explanation for it.
          To give the owners more money and the players less money. These deals change nothing. They don't increase or decrease the amount of money the players get, nor the amount the owners get. 4.5M Gordon gets is just 4.5M some other player doesn't get.

The lockout worked perfectly. Owners can still dick around and sign players to ridiculous contracts. They just make more money doing it.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Actually I still am pissing on him for some details.

Never should have had a player option.
            Still feel he should have waited for RFA - you'll notice despite all these huge signings all are UFA.
            If Raps received an offer sheet they could have S&T as Kings did with Evans returning Vasquez and 2 second round picks. If they had wanted Lopez they could have had him too - a starting C to boot.

As for the bellyaching - it would have been enormous. But the bellyaching wasn't limited to just RR. Raptor reporters and national media all crapped on it. It also wasn't just the amount of money it was the details I listed above.

As for the extra $1.5M per year, true. However come 2016 it is going to be a $5.5M difference as his cap hold when he opts out is $14.5M.

As for my credibility, I thought that was long gone anyways.
            The other issue with his current deal, is what he wants in the next one. If Ujiri is not happy with player options (hint: he ain't), he'll want either to deal DD or get him on an extension ASAP.

Now, his current extension limit is about 10-11M per year, extending into the 2017-18 season (assuming he opts out of his PO). If we wait a year, it becomes 11M per year, extending one year further. Anyone believe DD would accept that? Nope, me neither. So either we deal him soon (this year, before he becomes a rental and his value plummets), or we risk him walking in free agency (or re-signing for the max - not sure which is worse).

Now, if he had your proposed deal (11M per year, no PO), he would be locked into that 2016-17 season, we could wait until next year safely to extend him, then offer a two year extension for 12.3M annually. Much more likely he accepts that. Or if we have to wait for his final year (risky, as I noted), at least we could offer a 3 year extension for 12.7M per year.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Even when Colangelo gets something right, he still messes it up
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I just wanna see DeRozan get that TS% to 55% and assists/rebounds up to about 5 apiece.

Probably have to sacrifice a bit in PPG, or if he just took 1-2 less of those Kobe shots (the leaning fadeaway that has a 2% chance of going in) per game his efficiency would get there.

Comment

• DeMar putting in work as per usual

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• ^ loooool.

Dat work ethic from DD, doesn't stop even when at the department store.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      DeMar putting in work as per usual

Nice euro step on Novak.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Demar Derozan works on his handles in Wal-Mart

This video literally cracked me up check it out

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/535302

Comment

• Posted already, but the euro-step was dirty.

Comment

• he will NOT lose his handles in the clutch again, this is the point he has to prove here!

Comment

• Exclusive DeMar DeRozan post-season dribbling workout

Enjoy

Comment

• http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...nable-success/

Koreen write up on the matter, with some DeMar quotes.

Comment

Working...
                                X