Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chico wrote: View Post
    For shit sake, the team is 8-2, first in the East since forever, DeMar just had an excellent game, and the top topic this fine Sunday is shitting on DeMar. What's wrong with this picture? If that isn't enough, I see this endless crap has produced a handful of bans. Sickening that a fan site of this team has this going on.

I see there's a lot of discussion about downgrading DeMar to below Gordon Hayward, and as should be expected, "proven" by stats over the 1st 10 games of the season: (where DeMar's team is 8-2. Oh, did I mention that already? sorry).

IMO, comparing players who are playing within extremely different circumstances (covers a lot of context), based on these kind of numbers alone, is neophyte-to-the-game-ish. Numbers can help evaluate, but context is always important, so try not to dismiss every bit of context that others introduce to discuss the comparison you're making. Shouldn't have to say it, but there are many factors that influence raw numbers, but you guys know that, right?

The ironic thing is, this discussion is taking place immediately after a game between the particulars' teams, where DeMar's team won their 8th game, Hayward's team lost their 7th, and head-to-head, DeMar kicked Hayward's ass. You know what? The same thing happened the last time these guys went head-to-head, back in February. hmmm, head-to head. That brings up a thought.

A more significant fact, is that in between these games, they truly were working on equal footing this past summer with Team USA. When we speak of the coaches of that team, we're talking about of some of the best basketball minds in the world, not just stat analyzers. They worked with these guys for weeks, along with a bunch of other elite young players. These guys chose DeMar over Beal, Parsons, and *cough* Hayward.

Which do you think is a bigger indicator of how these two players compare? The opinion of Thibs, Coach K, and gang, when these two players went head-to-head, on totally equal footing, for weeks, or stats to date over 10 games, played under entirely different circumstances? Sorry, but just trying to put your stat comparisons, and conclusions, in perspective. The perspective of some of the top basketball minds in the world sort of humbles these stat "assessments", or shall we dismiss the assessment of Coack K and Thibs?

special1 may have pushed the limits, but he had a point about incessant riding of DeMar, and it seeming like a sore loser carryover from last year's "is what he is" camp failure. Not everybody is on here spouting the same stuff 20 times day, every day, for weeks, then has the gall to question other's intelligence, like one poster, but it's getting a bit much. Opinions are fine, until they form an ever present chant ringing in everybody's face. Some of us would like to enjoy the season, while enjoying the participation in adult discussion here. Is that a fair expectation? It's no fun when the same shit is ringing, endlessly, day after day. How can this be fun for you guys? You don't like him? Fine, you made your point, and EVERYBODY has heard, over and over. Is it too much to ask that it not be infesting almost every discussion, day after day?

This barely 25 year young man is continuing to develop before our eyes (anybody still complaining about his handles, btw?), is dedicated to this organization, and as one of the leaders, is infesting the team with extreme work ethic, the team is winning at a pace never seen before, and some can't stop complaining about DeMar and coach Casey. Don't know when this cancer started, but it's ugly.
    Well said chico. Raptors nation is divided on Demar, as it was on the tanking issue, and reading the constant back and forth with the same old arguments is getting exhausting. Sometimes I wanna blow a gasket, but my advice to posters is: don't take the bait, regardless of what "side" your on. That's what I do now. Although I would like to think I can approach the issue objectively, when it's clear a grown up type discussion is no longer possible...let it go and move on.

Damn, whatever happened to the days when a couple of guys could disagree, punch each other in the face a few times and then laugh about it over a couple of beers at the bar. Oh yeah, the internet happened.

Comment

For shit sake, the team is 8-2, first in the East since forever, DeMar just had an excellent game, and the top topic this fine Sunday is shitting on DeMar. What's wrong with this picture? If that isn't enough, I see this endless crap has produced a handful of bans. Sickening that a fan site of this team has this going on.

I see there's a lot of discussion about downgrading DeMar to below Gordon Hayward, and as should be expected, "proven" by stats over the 1st 10 games of the season: (where DeMar's team is 8-2. Oh, did I mention that already? sorry).

IMO, comparing players who are playing within extremely different circumstances (covers a lot of context), based on these kind of numbers alone, is neophyte-to-the-game-ish. Numbers can help evaluate, but context is always important, so try not to dismiss every bit of context that others introduce to discuss the comparison you're making. Shouldn't have to say it, but there are many factors that influence raw numbers, but you guys know that, right?

The ironic thing is, this discussion is taking place immediately after a game between the particulars' teams, where DeMar's team won their 8th game, Hayward's team lost their 7th, and head-to-head, DeMar kicked Hayward's ass. You know what? The same thing happened the last time these guys went head-to-head, back in February. hmmm, head-to head. That brings up a thought.

A more significant fact, is that in between these games, they truly were working on equal footing this past summer with Team USA. When we speak of the coaches of that team, we're talking about of some of the best basketball minds in the world, not just stat analyzers. They worked with these guys for weeks, along with a bunch of other elite young players. These guys chose DeMar over Beal, Parsons, and *cough* Hayward.

Which do you think is a bigger indicator of how these two players compare? The opinion of Thibs, Coach K, and gang, when these two players went head-to-head, on totally equal footing, for weeks, or stats to date over 10 games, played under entirely different circumstances? Sorry, but just trying to put your stat comparisons, and conclusions, in perspective. The perspective of some of the top basketball minds in the world sort of humbles these stat "assessments", or shall we dismiss the assessment of Coack K and Thibs?

special1 may have pushed the limits, but he had a point about incessant riding of DeMar, and it seeming like a sore loser carryover from last year's "is what he is" camp failure. Not everybody is on here spouting the same stuff 20 times day, every day, for weeks, then has the gall to question other's intelligence, like one poster, but it's getting a bit much. Opinions are fine, until they form an ever present chant ringing in everybody's face. Some of us would like to enjoy the season, while enjoying the participation in adult discussion here. Is that a fair expectation? It's no fun when the same shit is ringing, endlessly, day after day. How can this be fun for you guys? You don't like him? Fine, you made your point, and EVERYBODY has heard, over and over. Is it too much to ask that it not be infesting almost every discussion, day after day?

This barely 25 year young man is continuing to develop before our eyes (anybody still complaining about his handles, btw?), is dedicated to this organization, and as one of the leaders, is infesting the team with extreme work ethic, the team is winning at a pace never seen before, and some can't stop complaining about DeMar and coach Casey. Don't know when this cancer started, but it's ugly.
      Preach!
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Only time will tell, When Bargnani was the focal point of the offence and was scoring points, half of the forum was also divided and the end majority of the forum agreed that Bargnani was an inefficient scorer, a terrible rebounder, a bad defender thus he was overrated.

I think Derozan career trajectory will be somewhat similar to Corey Maggette. As long as he is young, high scorer and the team is winning people will like him and not care about his weaknesses so much but when he gets older, a bit slower and the team stops winning as much or losing, more people will start paying attention how his weaknesses are making the team worse.

Comment

• I know the man's name is a dirty word to some here, but he wrote a great piece, a few days ago, about Casey and DeMar being two peas in a pod.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...asketball.html

Smith is not the guy to talk to about X's and O's, or trade scenarios, etc., but he occasionally writes a good human interest story related to the Raps.

Comment

• That is a nice article by Smith. He can capture an essence of character pretty well

Comment

I know the man's name is a dirty word to some here, but he wrote a great piece, a few days ago, about Casey and DeMar being two peas in a pod.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...asketball.html

Smith is not the guy to talk to about X's and O's, or trade scenarios, etc., but he occasionally writes a good human interest story related to the Raps.
              Great find Chico
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nice article.

Also nice to know the double standard is not imagined.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Nice article.

Seriously?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Nice article.

Would like to point out that Lowry and Amir also will never get benched for poor play. Not just DD.

It's a veteran thing, not a double-standard.

Comment

• omg you dols its a pro sports thing, you dont bench your top guys, you can't, especially when you have 10 million a year wrapped up in um....try explaining that to the board...this is a business, not the NCAA.

fuck.

Stop all this already, its SO RIDICULOUS

oh, and yeah, 11-2...so ya, you know, deal with it

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        omg you dols its a pro sports thing, you dont bench your top guys, you can't, especially when you have 10 million a year wrapped up in um....try explaining that to the board...this is a business, not the NCAA.

fuck.

Stop all this already, its SO RIDICULOUS

oh, and yeah, 11-2...so ya, you know, deal with it
                        HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                          Would like to point out that Lowry and Amir also will never get benched for poor play. Not just DD.

It's a veteran thing, not a double-standard.
                          Totally agree. I'd also like to see JV play more, but it will come. Gotta earn it. By the next 2 years he'll certainly average at least 30 mpg.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            What did i miss?
                            I'm back! The boys went on a 3-0 run while i was gone.

First time in 3 years I can remember getting banned (7 days at that)......felt sorta weird. I had no idea you could get banned for sticking up for our players and our team. Although, I admit that I should've chosen my tone and words more carefully. I apologize to those who felt hurt by what i wrote last week, specifically Ball4Life. I have nothing against you personally.

Chico said it best in my absence. I really wish i could've said it as good as you did man.

chico wrote: View Post

This is exactly how i feel as well.

Remember when the word of the day around here was mediocrity? People calling for a tank job so that we can avoid "mediocrity"....some posters use to push it like they had some sort of crystal ball.

THIS is not mediocrity....this is something special. Enjoy it!!
                            Last edited by special1; Mon Nov 24, 2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Remember when the word of the day around here was mediocrity? People calling for a tank job so that we can avoid "mediocrity"....some posters use to push it like they had some sort of crystal ball.

THIS is not mediocrity....this is something special. Enjoy it!!
                              Just to play devil's advocate, it's too early for this proclamation. "Mediocrity" refers to the inability to sustain deep playoff runs. If we get bounced in the 1st round again (with home court advantage again), then our greatest fears will be realized. We'll be the new Hawks/Nuggets.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Just to play devil's advocate, it's too early for this proclamation. "Mediocrity" refers to the inability to sustain deep playoff runs. If we get bounced in the 1st round again (with home court advantage again), then our greatest fears will be realized. We'll be the new Hawks/Nuggets.
                                Call me optimistic!

Comment

Working...
                                X