Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double post
    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Wed Feb 4, 2015, 01:00 AM. Reason: double post
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Re: Re-assessing the DD vs Hayward this season argument that was started earlier this season. The counter argument was small sample size so I said I would revisit after 20 games. DD has now played 29.

So here she goes (basketball-reference.com), bolded indicates the player with the better number.

DeMar

USG%: 27.7
      TS%: 0.488
      DRB%: 12.5
      AST%: 15.3
      PER: 15.3
      WS/48: 0.063
      PPG: 18.0
      APG: 3.1
      2P%: 0.418
      3P%: 0.211
      Ftr: 0.447

Hayward

USG%: 25.2
      TS%: 0.579
      DRB%: 14.2
      AST%: 21.1
      PER: 20.2
      WS/48: 0.146
      PPG: 19.3
      APG: 4.1
      2P%: 0.486
      3P%: 0.392
      Ftr: 0.415

So I think I have a good balance of stats there, but if there are any others that paint a more complete picture please bring to discussion.

Basically on the season Hayward has maintained a higher level of play than DD for a longer time.

He is miles more efficient than DD, albeit on a slightly lower USG%. Offensively Hayward is on another planet compared to DD.

I'm not going to go into defensively because 1) don't trust the numbers and 2) haven't look at them. Although my eyes tell me Hayward is a better defender.

I do think that it is time to trade DD, he is no longer in the conversation for top 15 SG in the league (I didn't think he was to begin with), and wont be for the remainder of his career with the progression of the league. Time to move on Raps fans

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        I do think that it is time to trade DD, he is no longer in the conversation for top 15 SG in the league (I didn't think he was to begin with)
        TOP 15?? he was an allstar last season and he isn't top 15?? 15 guys who are better: go.

Comment

• No particular order, also don't forget the part about "with the progression of the league":

Butler
          Antetokounmpo
          Wade
          Kobe
          Wiggins
          Thompson
          Beal
          Oladipo
          Genobli
          Hayward
          Matthews
          Harden
          Wroten
          Crawford
          Korver
          -------------------15 already
          MacLemore
          Ellis
          Lee
          (plus ones like Durant - who is a "SG" in all senses except that SF label)

The all-star and face-of-the-franchise labels are getting in the way of how severely inefficient DD really is. The list of players above may not have some people who are as individually talented as DeMar, but who are better at filling their role in the offense than DD (hence better in my books)

Comment

No particular order, also don't forget the part about "with the progression of the league":

Butler
            Antetokounmpo
            Wade
            Kobe
            Wiggins
            Thompson
            Beal
            Oladipo
            Genobli
            Hayward
            Matthews
            Harden
            Wroten
            Crawford
            Korver
            MacLemore
            Ellis
            Lee

The all-star and face-of-the-franchise labels are getting in the way of how severely inefficient DD really is. The list of players above may not have some people who are as individually talented as DeMar, but who are better at filling their role in the offense than DD (hence better in my books)
            glad you added the "filling their role" part but that list is still way too long. greek freak (he's played more minutes at the 3 and 4), wroten, crawford, kobe and wiggins are all stretches since you value efficiency.

only 5 of those guys are true #1 options on their team as well so I'm not really buying that either. having opposing defenses set up specifically for you nightly severely hinders efficiency.

and what exactly do you mean by 'progression of the league'? you have old guys like manu, crawford, korver, wade, and kobe.

Comment

• The sooner Raptors management realizes that DeMar is Rudy 2.0, the better off we'll be. We should use the salary we'll have to pay him for someone who can put up his numbers more efficiently (which, save free throw attempts/makes, should be a pretty doable task).

Comment

No particular order, also don't forget the part about "with the progression of the league":

Butler
                Antetokounmpo
                Wade
                Kobe
                Wiggins
                Thompson
                Beal
                Oladipo
                Genobli
                Hayward
                Matthews
                Harden
                Wroten
                Crawford
                Korver
                MacLemore
                Ellis
                Lee

No comment
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  glad you added the "filling their role" part but that list is still way too long. greek freak (he's played more minutes at the 3 and 4), wroten, crawford, kobe and wiggins are all stretches since you value efficiency.

only 5 of those guys are true #1 options on their team as well so I'm not really buying that either. having opposing defenses set up specifically for you nightly severely hinders efficiency.

and what exactly do you mean by 'progression of the league'? you have old guys like manu, crawford, korver, wade, and kobe.
                  Yes I have old guys, who are still better than DD.

There will also be players who have yet to be drafted who will be better than DD. Then you have players like Stauskas, who imo will be very good with time.

DD is not that good, but rather plays for a team that is solely dedicated to gifting the guy un-earned shots for years.

Comment

Yes I have old guys, who are still better than DD.

There will also be players who have yet to be drafted who will be better than DD. Then you have players like Stauskas, who imo will be very good with time.

DD is not that good, but rather plays for a team that is solely dedicated to gifting the guy un-earned shots for years.
                    I don't care about the old guys, just wondering what that meant with the 'progression of the league' thing.

DD is a really good player. Not great but at the top level of "good". 22.7 points per game last season and 20.7 this year before he went down. He's inefficient because this system sucks, plain and simple. If Bargnani can put up an efficient 20 ppg season, despite sucking ass, in a different system I believe Derozan can as well.

Comment

Butler
                      Antetokounmpo
                      Wade
                      Kobe
                      Wiggins
                      Thompson
                      Beal
                      Oladipo
                      Genobli
                      Hayward
                      Matthews
                      Harden
                      Wroten
                      Crawford
                      Korver
                      MacLemore
                      Ellis
                      Lee

That's just fucked up. You think all those guys are better than DeMar? Holy shit man lol
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Butler-Sure
                        Antetokounmpo-Lol
                        Wade-Closer than you think, but sure (I'd rather DeMar if it was a straight up choice factoring age)
                        Kobe-By what standard could this be true anymore
                        Wiggins-Better asset, worse player as of now
                        Thompson-Sure
                        Beal-No, Beal is good but he's not as good as DeMar is yet. Straight up on a value thing its a good discussion
                        Oladipo-No
                        Genobli-Its Ginobili but nope.
                        Hayward-No
                        Matthews-Pretty close,
                        Harden-Sure, he's the MVP
                        Wroten-You're kidding right
                        Crawford-Nooo, god no
                        Korver-Its comparing apples and oranges. I'd rather Korver if I'm the hawks but in the role the Raptors need, I'd rather DeMar
                        MacLemore-No
                        Ellis-He's a good player. DeMar is better though
                        Lee-Are we talking about Courtney Lee? Are you kidding?
                        My thoughts on the list

Comment

• the guy who made the list

is he high on crack or heroin ?
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Butler
                            Antetokounmpo
                            Wade
                            Kobe
                            Wiggins
                            Thompson
                            Beal
                            Oladipo
                            Genobli
                            Hayward
                            Matthews
                            Harden
                            Wroten
                            Crawford
                            Korver
                            MacLemore
                            Ellis
                            Lee

I mean, I'm all for trading DD, but this isn't really at all reasonable. Only guys on that list I take over DD production-wise are Butler and Harden, and maybe Wade. (obv. Durant but I still consider him an SF).

I take PG-13 too when healthy.

At best, DD's a top-5 SG to me. At worst he's a top 10er, but no lower.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              That's just fucked up. You think all those guys are better than DeMar? Holy shit man lol
                              Meh. Trolling obviously if not wow lol.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Re: Re-assessing the DD vs Hayward this season argument that was started earlier this season. The counter argument was small sample size so I said I would revisit after 20 games. DD has now played 29.

So here she goes (basketball-reference.com), bolded indicates the player with the better number.

DeMar

USG%: 27.7
                                TS%: 0.488
                                DRB%: 12.5
                                AST%: 15.3
                                PER: 15.3
                                WS/48: 0.063
                                PPG: 18.0
                                APG: 3.1
                                2P%: 0.418
                                3P%: 0.211
                                Ftr: 0.447

Hayward

USG%: 25.2
                                TS%: 0.579
                                DRB%: 14.2
                                AST%: 21.1
                                PER: 20.2
                                WS/48: 0.146
                                PPG: 19.3
                                APG: 4.1
                                2P%: 0.486
                                3P%: 0.392
                                Ftr: 0.415

So I think I have a good balance of stats there, but if there are any others that paint a more complete picture please bring to discussion.

Basically on the season Hayward has maintained a higher level of play than DD for a longer time.

He is miles more efficient than DD, albeit on a slightly lower USG%. Offensively Hayward is on another planet compared to DD.

I'm not going to go into defensively because 1) don't trust the numbers and 2) haven't look at them. Although my eyes tell me Hayward is a better defender.

I do think that it is time to trade DD, he is no longer in the conversation for top 15 SG in the league (I didn't think he was to begin with), and wont be for the remainder of his career with the progression of the league. Time to move on Raps fans
                                Well obviously team USA disagree with you
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X