Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    #TradeEm
    With the way T.R. is playing, we can not afford trading DD !!! Or can we ?
    Are we restarting with all our chips on JV and Bruno ??

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      love him or hate him, the bolded is cringe-worthy and beyond defensible
      Even more cringe-worthy is that his choice of shots (which surely contributes to his measly shooting numbers) are encouraged by the coaching staff.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        love him or hate him, the bolded is cringe-worthy and beyond defensible
        Cringe-worthy, yes. Beyond defensible? I wouldn't go that far.
        His TS% is at a career low, and I don't think its a coincidence that that coincides to the longest and most serious injury he's faced during his career.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          His TS% is at a career low, and I don't think its a coincidence that that coincides to the longest and most serious injury he's faced during his career.
          It would be defensible if Demar was efficient before the injury or taking good shots afterwards. Tis not the case.

Comment

If I recall correctly, his TS% was brutal before the injury.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

DeMar's TS% before the injury: 49%.
              DeMar's TS% after the injury: 48%.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                No it won't work. I promise you that.. Good scouting and a slow paced game will destroy the raptors philosophy.
                What an unfortunate situation. The only benefit from success in the playoffs is that toronto might sound like a good place for free agents to come.
                Other then that, there is no championship offensive system here. Without a Kevin durant or lebron James type player we can not win consistently playing like this..

As my mother often says "raptors are just lucky"

Today if we beat Dallas then what? Casey's system owns?
                Nah, consistency > all.
                I don't mind losing as long as its pretty, passing and taking open shots like the hawks.
                I don't get it. Why is individual play more of a detriment with better scouting and a slower pace than at any other time? I could make an argument just as persuasive that it could be a benefit.

You need guys who can create their own shots.
                Last edited by stooley; Tue Feb 24, 2015, 06:57 PM.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Let the record state I am absolutely not a fan of Demar Derozan. His love for his long 2 jumper has reached an all time high. It's almost like he's late 30's MJ and adjusting his game as he got old, except that he's just entering his prime. Do not like, do not want.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Let the record state I am absolutely not a fan of Demar Derozan. His love for his long 2 jumper has reached an all time high. It's almost like he's late 30's MJ and adjusting his game as he got old, except that he's just entering his prime. Do not like, do not want.
                    I want the player, not the playstyle.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      I want the player, not the playstyle.
                      I used to say the same thing, but I've come to accept that the player and the style are one in the same. He's too far gone, this is what he is. Hell he earned his infamous all star spot playing this bullshit way.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I used to say the same thing, but I've come to accept that the player and the style are one in the same. He's too far gone, this is what he is. Hell he earned his infamous all star spot playing this bullshit way.
                        Players will change their play style multiple times throughout their career depending on the coach, roster and/or age. DeMar used to be a slasher who can hit the J from mid, but now he's a almost strictly a mid range jumpshooter. We'll see a different DeMar in a different system. I can guarantee this.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          I don't get it. Why is individual play more of a detriment with better scouting and a slower pace than at any other time? I could make an argument just as persuasive that it could be a benefit.

You need guys who can create their own shots.
                          I think the point is that come playoffs, our ISO heavy offence is incredibly easy to stop. The opposing team can easily scout our sets (no ball or player movement makes it pretty easy) and over the course of a series, make all the necessary adjustments entering each game.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I think the point is that come playoffs, our ISO heavy offence is incredibly easy to stop. The opposing team can easily scout our sets (no ball or player movement makes it pretty easy) and over the course of a series, make all the necessary adjustments entering each game.
                            But so I don't totally follow the argument - I don't necessarily see other teams preparing for us way better than a team with ball movement.

I could say (don't really think this, but just to make a point):

"Teams like the hawks work great in the regular season when quick passes can take advantage of lapses in defense, but when the playoffs come, teams will really focus on scouting and will pick up on their sets. Plus, every player will be dialed in defensively and rotations will be on point. You need individual players who can break down a defense and create opportunities."

My point is basically that I'm not sure either style is more conducive to regular season wins and less effective in the playoffs. A good offense is a good offense.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              But so I don't totally follow the argument - I don't necessarily see other teams preparing for us way better than a team with ball movement.

I could say (don't really think this, but just to make a point):

"Teams like the hawks work great in the regular season when quick passes can take advantage of lapses in defense, but when the playoffs come, teams will really focus on scouting and will pick up on their sets. Plus, every player will be dialed in defensively and rotations will be on point. You need individual players who can break down a defense and create opportunities."

My point is basically that I'm not sure either style is more conducive to regular season wins and less effective in the playoffs. A good offense is a good offense.
                              Well for one, I don't think we have a good offence. It's too dependent on jump shots.

But with that out of the way, a ball movement heavy offence with players moving is much harder to scout since it has more built in options and variations than "give the ball to Demar and watch".

Watch a single Spurs possession and you can see several potential scoring options and in a playoff series you need to account for each and every one of those.

Then watch a Raps possession. You know that ISO player A does one of two moves, ISO player B does one of two moves and nobody else is really involved. You can easily draw out the best defensive rotations to cover off every threat on a possession.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Well for one, I don't think we have a good offence. It's too dependent on jump shots.

But with that out of the way, a ball movement heavy offence with players moving is much harder to scout since it has more built in options and variations than "give the ball to Demar and watch".

Watch a single Spurs possession and you can see several potential scoring options and in a playoff series you need to account for each and every one of those.

Then watch a Raps possession. You know that ISO player A does one of two moves, ISO player B does one of two moves and nobody else is really involved. You can easily draw out the best defensive rotations to cover off every threat on a possession.
                                Well our offense is one of the tops in the league - and what I don't understand is how anything changes in the playoffs.

It's not like there's NO scouting in the regular season. There's just less. If our offense is so easy to predict, scouts should already be adjusting for us.

And I think we do have lots of options to score - Derozan, Lowry, Lou, Jonas can all take over games, and Patterson, JJ and GV are no slouches either.

Edit:

In my opinion, this argument can almost be twisted against the point that's trying to be made. If our offense is so predictable, it's not like extra scouting is going to make any difference. You watch a few games and you know what to expect. The style that would be more affected by that change in the playoffs (more scouting) is the one that's more complicated.
                                Last edited by stooley; Tue Feb 24, 2015, 08:29 PM.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X