• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Casey
    Was thinking the same thing.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Casey
      Ok so your issue doesn't really have anything to do about depth, you just don't like Casey. Fair.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Ok so your issue doesn't really have anything to do about depth, you just don't like Casey. Fair.
        He isn't using the Raptors depth properly. Raptors have a depth of skill not talent. Lots of guys have disparate strengths TH energy rebounding 2Pats shooting Stiemsa hard defense. He uses none of it.

Comment

• DD's terrible shot counter for this game is at 14.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            DD's terrible shot counter for this game is at 14.
            lol, I was making mental note as well, but got tired/bored of keeping track.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and exclude his makes....but then again, a terrible shot is a terrible shot (miss or make).

Comment

• Derozan's february so far:

(stolen from user rhettmatic from realgm)
              36.4 FG% (52-for-143)
              13.3 3FG% (2-for-15)
              17.4 PPG
              4.4 RPG
              3.4 AST
              2.6 TO
              94 ORTG
              103 DRTG
              46.3 TS%
              6.7 FTA
              30.1 USG (higher than the rest of the season; would be top 10 in the NBA)

But we're 37-20 so it's OK
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Derozan's february so far:

36.4 FG% (52-for-143)
                13.3 3FG% (2-for-15)
                17.4 PPG
                4.4 RPG
                3.4 AST
                2.6 TO
                94 ORTG
                103 DRTG
                46.3 TS%
                6.7 FTA

I am numb to it now.

If people don't see it by now they never will.

Of course hell have a 8-9 assist game now and there will be posts of how amazing he is.

The playoffs can't come soon enough.

Comment

Derozan's february so far:

36.4 FG% (52-for-143)
                  13.3 3FG% (2-for-15)
                  17.4 PPG
                  4.4 RPG
                  3.4 AST
                  2.6 TO
                  94 ORTG
                  103 DRTG
                  46.3 TS%
                  6.7 FTA

The worst part is I feel like Derozan could be a good-great player if he was coached like JJ is coached. Put up one bad pass, one bad shot and sit on the bench for the next 3-4 minutes. I just don't see why no one on the coaching staff wants to do that...

I mean he's not an Old man, he can still learn and adapt his game... But why would he when he gets all the shots/time/support from his coach in the world he could hope for?

Comment

• ^ Because he takes shots that he normally makes...

Comment

• The team has finally returned to Rudyball. Oh boy, it just won't leave until Casey does or he realizes that it doesn't work.

Honestly, how can he think that this style of offense is effective and sustainable? There was that stretch of games last year following the Rudy trade where ball movement was a key part of the gameplan and led to a number of wins. Jack and Leo won't shut up about how ball movement is important to a team's offense. The commentators on OTHER TEAMS keep talking about the "reckless" style of play, the constant use of isolation, and JV's lack of involvement.

At the same time, Casey kind of just gives the ball to whichever player he deems to be the primary ball handler. After that it's up to the player run the offense for the team. Remember when Jose was starting PG after Lowry went down? I don't remember much isolation being run at the time... and I honestly think giving Jose the keys to the offense was a big part in that.

Now, guys like Kyle, DD, and to a lesser extent Lou are asked to run Casey's offense for him since he doesn't know how. And it's starting to become a disaster. Kyle seems to have let the All Star selection get to his head, DeMar thinks he's an elite player, and Lou just is who he is. Casey allows his players to dictate the offense.
                      OG is our king

Comment

• Our PF is playing on one leg.
                        Our Starting C is turn over prone, has limited offensive game, does not know how to pass from double team yet.
                        Our PG is a shoot first, going to basket PG.
                        Our SF is not a good 3 pt shooter and hence can not space the floor right.

So DD's performance is not in a vacuum. This team has personnel issues, which our showing themselves now.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          Our PF is playing on one leg.
                          Our Starting C is turn over prone, has limited offensive game, does not know how to pass from double team yet.

So DD's performance is not in a vacuum. This team has personnel issues, which our showing themselves now.
                          A shooting guard who can't shoot is part of the personnel issues

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            Our PF is playing on one leg.

Our PF has been playing on one leg for years.

Our PG is shoot first, but doesn't seem to be going to the basket as much as step-back threes.

Our SF is not good at 3Pt shooting since we took out Ross, but neither is our SG.

DD's performance isn't in a vacuum, but it does suck like one.

As for JV, how the heck is he turnover prone? He averages 1.3 per game (less than Amir despite a higher Usage%) and his TO% is 12.1 - better than Lowry, GV, Amir and JJ.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              A shooting guard who can't shoot is part of the personnel issues
                              He is not perfect if he was, he would be Lebron or Durant caliber player. I always said, DD is a 2nd or 3rd best option in a championship team because of his limitation but crucifying the guy here, blaming everything on him, while thinking an unproven young centre is a super star, is just not fair.

If JV was playing like Anthony Davis and had grown like Anthony Davis, then I would have jumped into the bandwagon of trading DD and ... to make a custom team for JV. Reality however is different.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                                The team has finally returned to Rudyball. Oh boy, it just won't leave until Casey does or he realizes that it doesn't work.

Honestly, how can he think that this style of offense is effective and sustainable? There was that stretch of games last year following the Rudy trade where ball movement was a key part of the gameplan and led to a number of wins. Jack and Leo won't shut up about how ball movement is important to a team's offense. The commentators on OTHER TEAMS keep talking about the "reckless" style of play, the constant use of isolation, and JV's lack of involvement.

At the same time, Casey kind of just gives the ball to whichever player he deems to be the primary ball handler. After that it's up to the player run the offense for the team. Remember when Jose was starting PG after Lowry went down? I don't remember much isolation being run at the time... and I honestly think giving Jose the keys to the offense was a big part in that.

Now, guys like Kyle, DD, and to a lesser extent Lou are asked to run Casey's offense for him since he doesn't know how. And it's starting to become a disaster. Kyle seems to have let the All Star selection get to his head, DeMar thinks he's an elite player, and Lou just is who he is. Casey allows his players to dictate the offense.
                                It's hilarious how many times opposing broadcasters get caught off guard by a deep off-balance early-shot-clock three by one of the guards, or a tough early-shot-clock long two - "Whoa. That's a bad shot right there." It's funny, then it makes me cry.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X