X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    The final nail in the #TradeHim coffin.

Good lord.

In trying to find a silver lining I can only say I admire his confidence.
    Don't forget how much he loves Toronto
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We need a coach that will actually hold DD accountable when he takes bad shots.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• And what if we don't trade him? Does everyone just continue to go on and on about how absolutely horrible and useless he is?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Coach K used Demar properly. A penetrating ball handling guard who mainly passes to better shooters in better spots
          Coach K is a smart guy for not taking an NBA job.

A major reason...in the pros those instructions do not get one a max contract.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            And what if we don't trade him? Does everyone just continue to go on and on about how absolutely horrible and useless he is?
            Just calling a spade, a spade.

Comment

• That tweet gets to the crux of the problem with DD. He wants to be the next Kobe, but he just doesn't have that kind of game in him. People can say "oh but he works hard and keeps improving", but he ain't ever going to be the scorer Kobe is, and he shouldn't model his game after him at all.

DeMar needs to be more like Iguodala mixed in with Rip Hamilton. A slasher who gets to the hoop a lot, is able to distribute when the D collapses, and who also can be a very good catch and shoot option in the mid-range.

Will he ever realize this though? Will Casey ever have the balls to try and make this clear to him? Signs so far are not encouraging.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                That tweet gets to the crux of the problem with DD. He wants to be the next Kobe, but he just doesn't have that kind of game in him. People can say "oh but he works hard and keeps improving", but he ain't ever going to be the scorer Kobe is, and he shouldn't model his game after him at all.

DeMar needs to be more like Iguodala mixed in with Rip Hamilton. A slasher who gets to the hoop a lot, is able to distribute when the D collapses, and who also can be a very good catch and shoot option in the mid-range.

Will he ever realize this though? Will Casey ever have the balls to try and make this clear to him? Signs so far are not encouraging.
                DeMar is Kobe without the shooting, ball handling, defense and IQ
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly.

Question for me now is: Is his delusion about good shots on him, or is it a direct reflection of casey and what he supports as good shots/his inability to coach?

After a few years with casey and watching multiple players play this way, I truly believe it's on him. I think Derozan just wants to win, and he's being told that he can carry the team. He just happens to believe it
                  Last edited by Bandit; Thu Feb 26, 2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

That tweet gets to the crux of the problem with DD. He wants to be the next Kobe, but he just doesn't have that kind of game in him. People can say "oh but he works hard and keeps improving", but he ain't ever going to be the scorer Kobe is, and he shouldn't model his game after him at all.

The keeps improving argument is shot after this season thus far

Comment

• I know one team that will not trade for DeMar: Sacramento

Karl wants players who move the ball and push the tempo, and that could mean wild upheaval on the Kings roster.
                      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nba-stats-wave

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Has he seen Lowry's remarks?
                        DeMar described his game as in the trash bin right beside Lowry's. He's acknowledged he's playing bad. You can't be shooting under 40% and not notice.

Good thing about DeMar is he's a hard worker and there's no doubt that if he's acknowledged how bad he's playing, then you know he's working on improving that.

If he never gets better, well Masai already proved he has no issue getting rid of supposed franchise players in Bargs and Gay, so he'd do it again if DeMar ultimately wasn't going to help us attain our future goals

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

LOL! Josh Lewenberg must be playing with us right? There is no way DeRozan would have said this out loud right??

Comment

• Well, some players might get thrown off rhythm by being wide open for a shot, since they have more time than expected to get it off. That might be what he's talking about.

However that doesn't mean you actively try to take contested shots.
                            OG is our king

Comment

Judging by his FG% he has a hard time hitting shots period, ha.

Anyway, I never thought he was a particularly bright player, but now at least we know he's a complete fucking idiot.

#TradeEm
                              Last edited by KHD; Thu Feb 26, 2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I could probably get a shot off too if I played in the NBA, that makes it a good shot. Thanks for clarifying, Demar! You da real MVP.
                                You could not get a shot off though, lol
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X