Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    im sure every nba player would love to always shoot 0-3 feet from the basket. thats just not always possible obviously when you only really have one floor spacer in the usual starting lineup.
    There's a difference between actively seeking mid range jumpshots and not being able to get in the lane because of spacing. I think you should know the difference.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
      It's more than just the spacing issue. I think DeRozan has lost his explosiveness, he's definitely lost his jump, and he doesn't quite have the footwork. If it was a spacing issue, James Johnson wouldn't be so good at getting to the rim with the same lineup.
      james johnson can muscle his way in and is clearly better at playing through contact than DD is.

but overall i'm just saying its a little too simplistic to say "why doesn't he just drive to the rim all of the time?" or "why doesn't the team just drive and kick it out for an open 3?" thats literally what everyone says that every team should do.

Comment

It's more than just the spacing issue. I think DeRozan has lost his explosiveness, he's definitely lost his jump, and he doesn't quite have the footwork. If it was a spacing issue, James Johnson wouldn't be so good at getting to the rim with the same lineup.
        Disagree. He's only 25 years old. He can still jump with the best of them. The explosiveness is still there, he just settles for too many jump shots now.

Shot selectioon is the real issue.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Disagree. He's only 25 years old. He can still jump with the best of them. The explosiveness is still there, he just settles for too many jump shots now.

Shot selectioon is the real issue.
          How can you think he can still jump with the best of them when he barely got off the ground yesterday when trying the 360? He had no lift lol

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Some of you act like defense can't stop Derozan but he chooses to fuck up the way he does. He got figured out.
            iblastoff wrote: View Post
            james johnson can muscle his way in and is clearly better at playing through contact than DD is.

but overall i'm just saying its a little too simplistic to say "why doesn't he just drive to the rim all of the time?" or "why doesn't the team just drive and kick it out for an open 3?" thats literally what everyone says that every team should do.
            JJ before this season: 62% from 0-3 feet
            DD before this season: 63% from 0-3 feet

One likes to drive, one likes to shoot fall away, contested jumpers. Guess who?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Yea that I agree with. It's not as simple as just saying "drive to the basket" especially when you have opposing team's best defenders covering you on most nights. But something's got to give. He's not a good enough shooter to just keep taking midrange shots.

Comment

How can you think he can still jump with the best of them when he barely got off the ground yesterday when trying the 360? He had no lift lol
                He botched it obviously. It happens. He took off too far from the basket.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yea that I agree with. It's not as simple as just saying "drive to the basket" especially when you have opposing team's best defenders covering you on most nights. But something's got to give. He's not a good enough shooter to just keep taking midrange shots.
                  totally agree with that. i dont know how the whole coaching staff processes this info, if at all. i'm SURE they're aware that pretty much all of our guards are shooting absolutely horrible.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    JJ before this season: 62% from 0-3 feet
                    DD before this season: 63% from 0-3 feet

One likes to drive, one likes to shoot fall away, contested jumpers. Guess who?
                    DD is not JJ and you can't just look at % from 0-3 feet you gotta look at attempts as well. If DD increases his attempts from 0-3 feet it doesn't mean he will be able to keep that FG%
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

DD is not JJ and you can't just look at % from 0-3 feet you gotta look at attempts as well. If DD increases his attempts from 0-3 feet it doesn't mean he will be able to keep that FG%
                      True that Johnson shoots nearly twice as many times from that range (in terms of % of FGA) but back when Derozan used to take nearly 50% of his shots near the rim like JJ, he still shot 60%+. Maybe he did lose some explosiveness but it's not like he can't finish. He was at 71% from that range last year.
                      Last edited by tDotted; Sun Mar 1, 2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

True that Johnson shoots nearly twice as many times from that range (in terms of % of FGA) but back when Derozan used to take nearly 50% of his shots near the rim like JJ, he still shot 60%+. Maybe he did lose some explosiveness but it's not like he can't finish. He was at 71% from that range last year.
                        its also that JJ and DD aren't being treated equally by the defense
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          its also that JJ and DD aren't being treated equally by the defense
                          Shouldn't the player with no shot and great finishing have a harder time scoring than a player with a decent shot and good finishing?

Comment

Shouldn't the player with no shot and great finishing have a harder time scoring than a player with a decent shot and good finishing?
                            yeah very surprised league hasn't figure Johnson out yet. Part of it is also that James Johnson gets his points from cuts and post ups as well not just iso. I'm pretty sure Johnson will not be as effective offensively in playoffs though
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

i dunno, depends how the defense plays you probably.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Some of you act like defense can't stop Derozan but he chooses to fuck up the way he does. He got figured out.
                                Watch any recent video compilation of DD's bad shooting nights and one thing is glaringly obvious - the defense is learning to not bite on his pump fakes. Just get into his grill and go straight up. Hence the really awkward looking triple pump fakes followed by a really bad contested shot.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X