Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Because I can...? Who are you to say who can and can't respond?

Yeah he drove to the basket but a lot of the times just took the same fadeaway mid rangers I've seen over and over.

Whatever I'm not shitting on him, I like Demar, I'm just taking this game with a grain of salt
    Fair enough.

Off topic sorta.... Reminds me of a madtv segment..... "Look what I can do".... Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

*sigh*

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        "From the little that I saw".....exactly.

Why bother responding if you didn't even watch the whole game?

He drove to the basket A LOT and was very aggressive. He shot 10/10 from the ft line. Was very efficient (12/24 from the field). Tied for the team lead in assists (5) while creating open looks for the team. He led the team in scoring and led the team in rebounds.... All this while having less turnovers than JV.

What's with you??? He plays the way you guys want him to play and you still shit on him? W/e.....I'm not surprised.

You liked his game because he got the calls and made the shots tonight. e_wheazy's right, he's still very much ball stopping, looking for his, and ISO heavy. Doesn't adapt one bit. It's great when Demar is making his long arcing jumpers, and getting whistles, but relying on that works about 1/3 of the time.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 12-24 FGs; 10-10 from the line; 9 rebounds; 5 assists; 2 steals ... and people are still going to find a way to give the guy a hard time about it ... Figures.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            12-24 FGs; 10-10 from the line; 9 rebounds; 5 assists; 2 steals ... and people are still going to find a way to give the guy a hard time about it ... Figures.
            The stat line is impressive.

How he did it wasn't, in my opinion.

But he deserves credit for playing better than he has of late, no doubt.

Comment

• That's cool.
              Not going to lie, and no disrespect intended, I'm not surprised. I thought it was though.

The guy doesn't have many options with Lowry out, but to go ISO when the entire team clears the side like they do every time he gets the ball. From what I can see he's not the one clearing guys out either. So again, considering what he's given to work with in terms of a actual offense, I thought he had an exceptional game.

Comment

That's cool.
                Not going to lie, and no disrespect intended, I'm not surprised. I thought it was though.

The guy doesn't have many options with Lowry out, but to go ISO when the entire team clears the side like they do every time he gets the ball. From what I can see he's not the one clearing guys out either. So again, considering what he's given to work with in terms of a actual offense, I thought he had an exceptional game.
                I am probably a basketball snob.

I just don't like the way he plays. I lay blame equally on DD and Casey. They enable each other.

I am not a fan of individual oriented basketball unless you're talking a generational talent - and even then the best always made others around them better.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I am probably a basketball snob.

I just don't like the way he plays. I lay blame equally on DD and Casey. They enable each other.

I am not a fan of individual oriented basketball unless you're talking a generational talent - and even then the best always made others around them better.
                  But its not necessarily about liking it or not .. you can say the guy had a good game. :P Haha

Comment

12-24 FGs; 10-10 from the line; 9 rebounds; 5 assists; 2 steals ... and people are still going to find a way to give the guy a hard time about it ... Figures.
                    What do we always preach around here? Process over results? Broken clocks are right twice a day, and I don't see any change in his game. He never looks around to see if theres a better play, he's usually already decided before the defense opens up that he's going to shoot. And that's fine, that's who he is, or who he wants to be. I just don't think he's a strong enough player, consistently over 82 games, to get that much leeway and usage from a "contending" basketball team.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      He never looks around to see if theres a better play, he's usually already decided before the defense opens up that he's going to shoot.
                      That's just not true though ... not from what I see anyway.

As I said earlier, he's not the one clearing out the side. He get's the ball from one guy, and there's already 3 on the other side of the floor. The last guys pop ups top and gives Demar the entire side. Happens countless times a game. And Demar is just running to his spot. You expect him to just hang out with the other guys and NOT go get the ball like he is supposed to?
                      And from there, what "better plays" are there when guys stop moving 30-feet away?

Occasionally he'll cut instead of getting the hand off (as he did for that sick dunk) or he'll drive and pass it off when the defense sucks in. And yes, occasionally (and more often lately) he'll take a crappy shot .. but there usually aren't as many options as guys are making it seem.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 01:11 AM.

Comment

But its not necessarily about liking it or not .. you can say the guy had a good game. :P Haha
                        Agreed. I mean he did have a few nice assists and hockey assists too. Highest +/- on the team.

And this is the first time a Raptors has had 35/9/5 in five years, so even if it's against the Sixers, who cares.

Comment

• The statline looks impressive. I didn't watch the game. So how did he play? Did he take good shots or was it the same old demar taking tough contested jumpers. If it was, then I can't put much stock into this game because sometimes you just hit shots.

special1 wrote: View Post
                          "From the little that I saw".....exactly.

Why bother responding if you didn't even watch the whole game?

He drove to the basket A LOT and was very aggressive. He shot 10/10 from the ft line. Was very efficient (12/24 from the field). Tied for the team lead in assists (5) while creating open looks for the team. He led the team in scoring and led the team in rebounds.... All this while having less turnovers than JV.

What's with you??? He plays the way you guys want him to play and you still shit on him? W/e.....I'm not surprised.

Why do you have to mention JV?
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

He had.... Ummmm.... Demar had a...... Ugh..... DeRozan had a goo-gooo-goooooo..... Nope I can't say it.

In seriousness I can't say it. I've said he had an impressive/good stat line. I'm just not impressed with many of his decisions in the game. Still feel he took too many bad and forced shots, some of them just happened to go in tonight. The rebounds and assists are stellar through, he was really good contributing elsewhere other than scoring which is often a major issue.

Comment

• A very Melo like game. Yeah, he produced 35/9/5, but the ball doesn't move once it touches his hands. Biggest difference between this game and the GSW game, is that GSW has capable defenders while Philly rolls out a D-League roster. If he can replicate his productivity against a quality opponent, it would be much more tangible.

38% Usage is ridiculous, even for a single game. 2nd highest of the season (behind his 39.6% in the loss to Milwaukee a month ago) and 4th highest in his career.

Between FG and FT, Demar had 34 attempts to get his 35 points. The whistle is not a sustainable offensive strategy.

Kudos for the 9 rebounds though (3rd highest of his season).
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                A very Melo like game. Yeah, he produced 35/9/5, but the ball doesn't move once it touches his hands. Biggest difference between this game and the GSW game, is that GSW has capable defenders while Philly rolls out a D-League roster. If he can replicate his productivity against a quality opponent, it would be much more tangible.

38% Usage is ridiculous, even for a single game. 2nd highest of the season (behind his 39.6% in the loss to Milwaukee a month ago) and 4th highest in his career.

Between FG and FT, Demar had 34 attempts to get his 35 points. The whistle is not a sustainable offensive strategy.

Kudos for the 9 rebounds though (3rd highest of his season).
                                Always nice to know I am not imagining things.

I am the first to admit I am deeply biased when it comes to DeRozan. Last year that bias was worn away as the season went on. This year it is back....and with good reason I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X