Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    The odds of it happening in the playoffs only increase as game slows and physicality increases.
    And yet he went to the Free Throw more than anyone else has EVER in history (or something along those lines) during our series last year. Lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Joey, can you honestly say that you aren't worried that DD is turning into Rudy Gay?

I mean, 30% of all shots go to DD in the midst of what, at best, can be called an awful (long) slump (lowest FG% or TS% of his career). How does that not concern you?

While JV and Amir get 5 shots.
      Not worried no. Guys were feeding the hot hand last night, and Casey was forcing it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Not worried no. Guys were feeding the hot hand last night, and Casey was forcing it.
        The hot hand, more like the only hand. Not other hands were allowed to touch the ball, let alone get hot.

Perhaps none of this is DD's fault, and it is all on Casey forcing the team to force it to Demar to force his shots. In which case, #FireCasey should "cure" all.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think we can all agree on a few things:
          1) Demar had a nice, efficient, star caliber game
          2) He was still responsible for a lot of ball stopping, iso worker, and midrange rainbows that happened to go in
          3) Many of them "happened to go in" because the defense and team in general SUCK and couldn't switch to save their lives
          4) Credit will come from "haters" likw me when he does it more than once every 8 or 9 games, and maybe when he does it against teams ahead of us in the standings

Congrats, demar. You had your first 30 point game of the season against a philly team with one drafted player in their lineup. I'm going to hold out on passing out any ribbons just yet.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Have a look here: http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...EVIATION*E*TOR

Besides Lowry and Vasquez, Demar is creating more points off of Assists than anyone else on the team, and dishing out only 0.2 less Secondary Assists than Lowry. Sure he could pass it a bit more IF guys would move around for him, but people need to stop acting like he's never passed the ball in his life.

Comment

Have a look here: http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...EVIATION*E*TOR

Besides Lowry and Vasquez, Demar is creating more points off of Assists than anyone else on the team, and dishing out only 0.2 less Secondary Assists than Lowry. Sure he could pass it a bit more IF guys would move around for him, but people need to stop acting like he's never passed the ball in his life.
              Being the best passer on a team that never passes is the equivalent of the best three point shooter on a team with no range.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I think we can all agree on a few things:
                1) Demar had a nice, efficient, star caliber game
                2) He was still responsible for a lot of ball stopping, iso worker, and midrange rainbows that happened to go in
                3) Many of them "happened to go in" because the defense and team in general SUCK and couldn't switch to save their lives
                4) Credit will come from "haters" likw me when he does it more than once every 8 or 9 games, and maybe when he does it against teams ahead of us in the standings

Congrats, demar. You had your first 30 point game of the season against a philly team with one drafted player in their lineup. I'm going to hold out on passing out any ribbons just yet.
                1) Yep.
                2) Nope. He's not the Coach.
                3) He's hit those shots against good defenses as well. Hasn't been lately, but it happens.
                4) There's only 1 team ahead of us in the standings, Atlanta, and he JUST did a couple weeks ago, by putting up 21 points on 9 of 16 shooting, to go with 8 rebounds and 3 steals.

Comment

Have a look here: http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...EVIATION*E*TOR

How much of that is inflated by his Usage%?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

1) Yep.
                    2) Nope. He's not the Coach.
                    3) He's hit those shots against good defenses as well. Hasn't been lately, but it happens.
                    4) There's only 1 team ahead of us in the standings, Atlanta, and he JUST did a couple weeks ago, by putting up 21 points on 9 of 16 shooting, to go with 8 rebounds and 3 steals.
                    Define lately? Cause it seems like the entire season.

Comment

How much of that is inflated by his Usage%?
                      Usage takes into account passes that result in Assists I'm pretty sure... so I'm not sure what this even means.

Demar is 3rd on the team in touches, behind, guessed it, Lowry and Vasquez, and averages FAR less time with the ball than either of them.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Usage takes into account passes that result in Assists I'm pretty sure... so I'm not sure what this even means.

Demar is 3rd on the team in touches, behind, guessed it, Lowry and Vasquez, and averages FAR less time with the ball than either of them.
                        If Demar has the ball in his hands at a very high rate (3rd on the team), then the # of his passes per game (or per 48) should be relatively equal to the team. The fact that he has the ball more than the other 12 guys on the team means he should have more passes. So I don't know how much weight you can really put into that.

Now if you had something that broke down the passes (entry pass vs swing back and forth with Lowry) or showed the player combinations of the passes, then that would be something. But as far as I know, there isn't.

You seem to want to pass the blame for Demar's shot selection on to Casey, but Demar's shot selection has ALWAYS been awful; just that last year the shots went in.

Whether Triano and Casey broke the player, or the player broke himself, either way, it's broke.

Comment

If Demar has the ball in his hands at a very high rate (3rd on the team), then the # of his passes per game (or per 48) should be relatively equal to the team. The fact that he has the ball more than the other 12 guys on the team means he should have more passes. So I don't know how much weight you can really put into that.

Now if you had something that broke down the passes (entry pass vs swing back and forth with Lowry) or showed the player combinations of the passes, then that would be something. But as far as I know, there isn't.
                          Lol There's just no pleasing the skeptics. I should know by now.

Axel wrote:
                          You seem to want to pass the blame for Demar's shot selection on to Casey, but Demar's shot selection has ALWAYS been awful; just that last year the shots went in.

Whether Triano and Casey broke the player, or the player broke himself, either way, it's broke.
                          As I've pointed out several times, you can clearly see the entire team go to the other side of the court and leave Demar by himself, countless times per game ... I don't know how that doesn't fall on Casey. And perhaps Casey is basing this off the fact that he knows Demar can hit those shots, because as you said, he did all of last year.
                          What changed this year? Two highly publicized events - his busiest and craziest summer ever, and his worst injury ever.
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Lol There's just no pleasing the skeptics. I should know by now.

As I've pointed out several times, you can clearly see the entire team go to the other side of the court and leave Demar by himself, countless times per game ... I don't know how that doesn't fall on Casey. And perhaps Casey is basing this off the fact that he knows Demar can hit those shots, because as you said, he did all of last year.
                            What changed this year? Two highly publicized events - his busiest and craziest summer ever, and his worst injury ever.
                            Sure, this happens sometimes, but there's also going to be several possessions per game where DD gets a double team, and ignores his open teammate to try and beat it by himself. This has nothing to do with a system, and it has nothing to do with Casey, because we've seen it since his first day in the NBA. It his nature. If you've played basketball, you know that court vision is wildly variable. Some players, once they have it in their mind that they're going to shoot, cannot change course and cannot pass to an open teammate, regardless of how open their teammate might be.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Sure, this happens sometimes, but there's also going to be several possessions per game where DD gets a double team, and ignores his open teammate to try and beat it by himself. This has nothing to do with a system, and it has nothing to do with Casey, because we've seen it since his first day in the NBA. It his nature. If you've played basketball, you know that court vision is wildly variable. Some players, once they have it in their mind that they're going to shoot, cannot change course and cannot pass to an open teammate, regardless of how open their teammate might be.
                              Sure, this happens sometimes, but its FAR less than people make it seem, and far less frequent than the situation I described. And really, guys aren't usually that wide open anyway, due to their terrible off-ball movement, and when they are, Demar DOES pass it. Not EVERY time, granted.

Comment

Sure, this happens sometimes, but its FAR less than people make it seem, and far less frequent than the situation I described. And really, guys aren't usually that wide open anyway, due to their terrible off-ball movement, and when they are, Demar DOES pass it. Not EVERY time, granted.
                                I'm sure that depending on your bias, Demar seems like he passes more or less than he does in actuality. But I don't see how someone trying their best to be objective can argue that his court is anything better than below average, for his position.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X