Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    TS incorporates both FT's and 3 point shots. like its already been said, DD doesn't have a 3 point shot so by definition his efficiency won't be as high.

basically for anyone who can't actually shoot all that well from the floor but excels massively from the FT line will statistically look like they can shoot using these stats ala derozans .522 TS% or whatever it is.

in other words, you basically just proved that DD can shoot (statistically), despite saying that he can't.

regardless TS% is still a really weird stat.

if we're judging players by TS%, than DJ Augustin 'shoots' better than aldridge, john wall, and demarcus cousins.

oh and TS%'wise, amir johnson is a better shooter than klay thompson.
    But isn't that the problem, that DD isn't efficient? Last season, the inefficiency was still tolerable, but this year has been dismal.

As for ts%, Amir and DJ shoot way less than those other players, so it makes sense really.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Well i don't know what those stats mean. But DeMar can def shoot. He's one of the best midrange shooter in the NBA. And again, w/ him it's all about shot selection. Main reason why his struggling this year w/ his shots IMO is because he's taking more difficult shots, long 2's. iso's, fadeaways. Last night he was great. Catch and shoot off the screen, he was attacking the rim, got to the line 10 times. Vintage DeRozan. Need to see more of that.

He is an average mid range shooter, excluding big lugs and guys who don't shoot midrange shots enough to qualify. Demar is basically average at everything except getting to the line (elite) and dunking without props, and by props I mean defenders. He's also really good at dribbling the ball of his foot or watching it fly in the air when it ricochets off his own hand.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Well i don't know what those stats mean. But DeMar can def shoot. He's one of the best midrange shooter in the NBA. And again, w/ him it's all about shot selection. Main reason why his struggling this year w/ his shots IMO is because he's taking more difficult shots, long 2's. iso's, fadeaways. Last night he was great. Catch and shoot off the screen, he was attacking the rim, got to the line 10 times. Vintage DeRozan. Need to see more of that.
        Say what?

He shoots 33.8% 16-24 feet.

That is terrible especially when it is his most frequent shot.

Over half of his FGA are unassisted.....
        He is 70/268 on jump shots (26%!)

Ugh. People. You love DeRozan unconditionally. It's cool. Just state that as open and honestly as I am with my disapproval of his game. Anyone here arguing he is efficient or in same class as LeBron or. Lillard or takes good shots is just wrong - no opinion.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Say what?

Ugh. People. You love DeRozan unconditionally. It's cool. Just state that as open and honestly as I am with my disapproval of his game. Anyone here arguing he is efficient or in same class as LeBron or. Lillard or takes good shots is just wrong - no opinion.
          Tbf Lillard takes some pretty terrible shots too.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            Tbf Lillard takes some pretty terrible shots too.
            Lillard takes buzzer beaters Demar take them too but with 17 seconds on the clock.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Say what?

Yea but people who hate on him do the same thing lol. They will state things to back their point, which are quickly contradicted by stats. Like the Lillard comparison. Turns out Lillard isn't a career better shooter than DeRozan but for some reason people are throwing around his name.

Take Lillards fg% and give it to DeRozan and this thread still exists with people complaining about how bad DeMar is. Nothing will satisfy DeMar's haters even when he plays well. But yet, its only the people that like DeMar who have to admit to it "unconditionally" as if there's no other logical reason to like him as a player.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                But isn't that the problem, that DD isn't efficient? Last season, the inefficiency was still tolerable, but this year has been dismal.

As for ts%, Amir and DJ shoot way less than those other players, so it makes sense really.
                no one is saying he is a great efficient shooter. i'm just arguing that using TS% isn't really an indicator of good shooting, when it also factors in FT's. DD's FT's make him look like a better shooter in TS% standards.
                Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                  Yea but people who hate on him do the same thing lol. They will state things to back their point, which are quickly contradicted by stats. Like the Lillard comparison. Turns out Lillard isn't a career better shooter than DeRozan but for some reason people are throwing around his name.

Take Lillards fg% and give it to DeRozan and this thread still exists with people complaining about how bad DeMar is. Nothing will satisfy DeMar's haters even when he plays well. But yet, its only the people that like DeMar who have to admit to it "unconditionally" as if there's no other logical reason to like him as a player.
                  Actually you're wrong, Lillard is a better shooter than DeRozan and the stats back it up.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I'm so glad we're finally making some progress in the debate on DeMar's efficiency.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

i'm definitely anti-derozan in general. but some of the critique on him is just borderline getting unfair and harsh.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Actually you're wrong, Lillard is a better shooter than DeRozan and the stats back it up.
                        Yes, this season. But in case you didn't notice, I said "career". Last season and the season before, DeMar shot better. So again, take Lillard's 42.4% last season or 42.9% the season before (which coincidentally enough, is what DeRozan shot last season) and we're still having this conversation about how bad a shooter DeMar is. This is the point I'm trying to make

Comment

• Demar is atleast an average shooter despite what the numbers say, he just takes wayyyyy to many bad ones, and that's not his fault, that's all on casey

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            i'm definitely anti-derozan in general. but some of the critique on him is just borderline getting unfair and harsh.
                            I'm in the middle with DeRozan. I'm not anti-DeRozan but if Masai traded him for a better player or players obviously I'm not gonna shed a tear to see him go either. But some people are so blinded by their dislike for him that they just start throwing out random stats or random players and say they're better. Why? Because they hit buzzer beating 3s?

Comment

If it helps the debate, I don't really like Lillard either.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Lillard takes buzzer beaters Demar take them too but with 17 seconds on the clock.
                              Watch him again, he takes a lot of heat check 3s early in shot clock.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                                Demar is atleast an average shooter despite what the numbers say, he just takes wayyyyy to many bad ones, and that's not his fault, that's all on casey
                                It'd not "all" on Casey, but a lot is clearly systemic and being enabled by Casey.

The mid-range is a last resort, not your bread and butter. Every one of our guards are attempting a higher ratio of mid-range (all mid-range from 10-23 ft) FGAs than last year. And none of them are shooting well enough in that area to really merit that bump.

And using Lowry as an example, this is nothign but a bad thing. Lowry's shooting badly from 3 this year, but in an eFG% sense, him taking a 3 is still a better shot than something in the mid-range...(.316 from 3pt, .358 10-16 ft, .382 16-23 ft). Why is this being allowed? They are either giving these guys too much freedom and not reining them in, or encouraging it. I'm not sure which is worse.

DeMar's basically the only one who should be shooting in the mid-range relatively more, but his FG% in that area is at a career-low, and again, it's hard not to think it's because of the system and him being allowed to look to much for those shots in isolation.

Comment

Working...
                                X