Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    What other TEAM USA members are struggling outside of Derrick Rose who is a special case all to himself?

That is an excuse in my opinion.

Injuries happen. There has been no mention this is a nagging injury.

Could it possibly be his worst season by his own doing due to a combination of his own decisions and Casey's game plan? I think that is where one looks at his WORST season before anything else. Injuries and TEAM USA are passing the buck when the accountability should be on the player and the coach.
    Just thought people should get a good look at this bit.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      Wait, so what's your point?
      He is not a good basketball player and comparing him to good to great basketball players is, for a lack of better word, stupid.

Comment

He is not a good basketball player.
        I think this is has always been your point, and exactly where my frustration with this whole debate starts.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Just thought people should get a good look at this bit.
          Thing is, if we do believe that Casey's game plan is part of it, then we should wait until he's (finally) under a good coach.

Comment

He is not a good basketball player and comparing him to good to great basketball players is, for a lack of better word, stupid.
            Ok, so that Damian Lillard is much better than Demar. I agree.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              Thing is, if we do believe that Casey's game plan is part of it, then we should wait until he's (finally) under a good coach.
              The player is part of it too though, and that's the dilemma here. How much is on Casey? It's not like at this point DeMar doesn't have experience or ability to play better, and has under the same coach...so wtf is going on? How much patience should we have for a guy who in his 6th season has taken a step back instead of looking like he's on the right path heading into his prime, which is what most of us who were happy with last season wanted...Another positive step with overall efficiency and decision-making. Instead we got the opposite.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I think this is has always been your point, and exactly where my frustration with this whole debate starts.
                I played at a high level and played well.

I was a post.

If I played with DeRozan we would more than likely have much more than words because guys that play that style aren't winners unless they are the absolute best talent on the court bar none.....and in the NBA that isn't DeRozan.

I just play pick up ball now. I'm 35. We're all former university/college players. When the mid-20 year olds show up and start playing 1on5, they are quickly let known it is a team game, move the ball, move off the ball, or sit the eff down. If I could only go back and play with the patience and experience I have now when I was actually athletic and young.

I have a belief on how the game should be played. For the over whelming majority of his career, DeRozan has pissed all over these beliefs. That is where my frustration starts and ends.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  That is a distinct possibility.

I think Masai is the only one who can realistically make that decision based on the risk/reward of keeping/trading based on what he could actually return now.

On my list of things to do, firing Casey is definitely above trading DeRozan.

Comment

If Demar hits 1 more Field Goal per game than he his now, at the same rate, he'd be shooting 45% from the field. That's the difference we're talking about here.
                    I'm just going to repost this part again ...

Comment

On my list of things to do, firing Casey is definitely above trading DeRozan.
                      We agree on something.

Comment

We agree on something.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          The player is part of it too though, and that's the dilemma here. How much is on Casey? It's not like at this point DeMar doesn't have experience or ability to play better, and has under the same coach...so wtf is going on? How much patience should we have for a guy who in his 6th season has taken a step back instead of looking like he's on the right path heading into his prime, which is what most of us who were happy with last season wanted...Another positive step with overall efficiency and decision-making. Instead we got the opposite.
                          I thought the consensus was that Casey's system was really bad in the #FireCasey thread (which I still agree with). So considering that while DeMar is taking bad shots and a lot of shots overall, his USG% isn't that much higher than the other guards, and neither is his FGA/G per 100 possessions. If that's the case then we could infer that whatever amount higher on average his usage rate or his FGA/G per 100 is is his own doing. In which case it's not that much.

Comment

• Don't underestimate a good system.

2009-10 Season: 11/15 players shot 47% or better (7 part of regular rotation). This season, 6/15 (3 part of regular rotation).

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              If he plays like this until then, I think so.

What's the cap jumping from and to? I think his % stays similar to what it is now.
                              Cap is at 63M now. Will jump to between 85-90M then. So almost a 50% increase, meaning his roughly 10M per year projects up close to 15M per year.

Point being, his cap hold will be just over 14M, assuming he is not an all-star next season. So unless he is willing to sign for significantly less than that, the Raptors will not really have any more cap room to work with - more room under the tax, sure, but they will be well clear of that anyway.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• As for the current conversation, FG% presented without context (ie, three point shots) tells you nothing.

Who is the better shooter?

Player A: 85% FG%
                                Player B: 49% FG%
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X