Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    No, I read the entire convo and I'm still not sure what I'm missing. Were you implying DeMar takes smarter shots, therefore he has a higher FG%? Then why didn't it show up in TS%? Is this you trying to brainfuck me? Damn you Joey. DAMN YOU.

Nope. Simply that its silly to say Demar "can't shoot". That's it. Literally, that's it.

I never compared them in the first place. I personally think Lillard can be the better player.

Anyway, moving on.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 4, 2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Nope. Simply that its silly to say Demar "can't shoot". That's it. Literally, that's it.

I never compared them in the first place. I personally think Lillard can be the better player.

Anyway, moving on.
      OK... Um... Why did you have the entire thing on comparing guards with FG% then?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        OK... Um... Why did you have the entire thing on comparing guards with FG% then?
        Just go back read again if you really want to know. It's all there.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          God I love your eyes consmap .. er.. Tom Sterner, Sir, if I can call you that.
          My eyes help me impose my will on people
          OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
            My eyes help me impose my will on people
            Hehehe That made me laugh. Well played.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Not quite with Bargs, but pretty similar to Gay.

And that's Casey's big problem. He views his #1 guy as an iso scorer pretty much no matter who it is. However, again, it's not all on him because DeMar has clearly bought into this and plays with no conscience. Takes awful shots and fails to make even the easiest passes at times in favour of him getting his own.

In Gay's first half-season here, when we had to re-adjust on the fly, our offence was more team-oriented than pre-trade and the next season when Gay was in training camp. And that in turn was forced to re-adjust after we traded Gay, and we moved the ball more and played a better team game once again.

It's just bad basketball, and there's more than enough blame to go around.
              Casey tried to turn Bargs into a SF. He tried to create a low % ISO mid-range scorer out of a center.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Casey tried to turn Bargs into a SF. He tried to create a low % ISO mid-range scorer out of a center.
                That's kinda how I remember it. Or at least a super stretch 4. But Bargs is his own conversation. Haha

There was definitely a lot of mid-range shooting, and low % shots being taken.

Comment

Lol I remember when Casey said something like "we expect him to grab 2 rebounds each quarter". And eventually it got to a point where Casey gave up and just expected him to at least box out his man.
                  OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    Lol I remember when Casey said something like "we expect him to grab 2 rebounds each quarter". And eventually it got to a point where Casey gave up and just expected him to at least box out his man.
                    And eventually it got to a point where Casey gave up on him boxing out and just expected him to at least finish his primo pasta.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

He didn't try to turn Bargs into that. That's how Bargs always played. He never had a centre's games. He always played like a wing, and he always had piss poor big man instincts/skills defensively. Mitchell and Triano also used him much the same way.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Cap is at 63M now. Will jump to between 85-90M then. So almost a 50% increase, meaning his roughly 10M per year projects up close to 15M per year.

Point being, his cap hold will be just over 14M, assuming he is not an all-star next season. So unless he is willing to sign for significantly less than that, the Raptors will not really have any more cap room to work with - more room under the tax, sure, but they will be well clear of that anyway.
                        Ok 15 mill is fair then. I stand by the idea that he gets paid less than he would otherwise if he plays badly though. That and he becomes less necessary to the team.

Weird to have the cap jumping by so much haha. Gonna have to get used to new numbers.
                        Last edited by stooley; Wed Mar 4, 2015, 09:04 AM.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Personally TS% is better for determining the value of a shooter since it takes the additional value of 3 pointers.

FG% can indicate the quality of someone's shooting ability, within the shots they take. But since it doesn't distinguish between the added value of 3 pointers, I'd say FG% can use be used to evaluated shooting ability, but TS% is better for determining the better player.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Personally TS% is better for determining the value of a shooter since it takes the additional value of 3 pointers.

FG% can indicate the quality of someone's shooting ability, within the shots they take. But since it doesn't distinguish between the added value of 3 pointers, I'd say FG% can use be used to evaluated shooting ability, but TS% is better for determining the better player.
                            TS% also takes into account Free Throws. so players like DD or Lou get a boost there as well.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              TS% also takes into account Free Throws. so players like DD or Lou get a boost there as well.
                              I think his point was that three pointers may be fifty percent more valuable but they aren't fifty percent harder to make than most of dd's shots
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Yeah true. Basically it takes into account the value of the output of all shots, vs FG% which just looks at whether the ball goes in or not.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X