Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    I think his point was that three pointers may be fifty percent more valuable but they aren't fifty percent harder to make than most of dd's shots
    I wasn't actually trying to make my point directed at DD, but more in the general sense since there was quite a few pages devoted to trying to figure out a good shooter vs bad shooter.

But since you mention it, DD is a good shooter at the shots he takes* (not great, but good %s), but the overall value of his shooting is less than a player with lower FG% but shots 3s better.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      I think his point was that three pointers may be fifty percent more valuable but they aren't fifty percent harder to make than most of dd's shots
      Actually 3 pointers are MORE than 50% better than midrange shots, because they also result in more frequent offensive rebounds.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        TS% also takes into account Free Throws. so players like DD or Lou get a boost there as well.
        One problem with TS% is that it doesn't take into account the effect of a primary scorer's high usage, increasing the efficiency of other players and the overall efficiency of the 5-man unit. ORTG is supposed to do this, but even using ORTG, DD is having a bad, bad year.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Actually 3 pointers are MORE than 50% better than midrange shots, because they also result in more frequent offensive rebounds.
          Really? And I would argue 3 point shots result in long rebounds to the opposing teams guards, leading to fast breaks the other way.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Really? And I would argue 3 point shots result in long rebounds to the opposing teams guards, leading to fast breaks the other way.
            Yes really.

http://www.82games.com/rebounds.htm

Yes, some do go the other way, but so do some on long 2's, or mid-range 2's.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Interesting "keon vs. keon" debate here. This paper MIT/Sloan seems to backup the idea that, 3-pt shots are easier to get the OREB, than mid-range shots, for some reason.

(Side note: notice that the authors of the paper are from USC. They must have been inspired / grown frustrated watching: OJ Mayo, Nick Young and DD. lol.)

http://www.sloansportsconference.com...ng_updated.pdf

It is interesting to note the sharp increase in rebound rate for shots past the three-point line. One hypothesis is that three-point attempts may lead to greater run-outs, which remove a potential defensive rebounder; but this needs to be tested. It remains an open question as to why, but the effect is clear. Figure 3. Spatial distribution of shots locations (Left), A table of offensive and defensive rebounds by sector (Center) where the range denotes the upper limit of a two foot sector in either the left or right half of the court; negative numbers for ranges indicate locations between the hoop and the baseline, and a heatmap of offensive rebound rates (Right). We note that offensive rebound rates decrease as a function of shot distance with a sharp jump at the three-point line. This is very similar to effective field goal percentage as a function of shot distance. This result implies that mid-range shots are even worse than previously characterized due to their effects on offensive rebound rates. Strategically, teams have even more reason to eschew mid-range shots for shots closer to the basket or three-pointers.

Comment

• This is a few years old, but again shows rebounding patterns.

http://courtvisionanalytics.com/where-do-rebounds-go/

Comment

• Get DeAndre Jordan in free agency and chuckers can keep chucking

Comment

So do long 2s...
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      So do long 2s...
                      A three that is setup or in transition with numbers is easier to rebound. A pull up three or any long shot in the half court with only the shooter ready favors the team boxing out. 4+1 with JV should favor Toronto but Demar, Lou and Ross aren't good rebounders. GV and 2Pats are pretty good on the offensive glass

Comment

• Would love to see it.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Would love to see it.

T Ross vs DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          OG is our king

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Would love to see it.

Think it about it boys. Wiggins derozan lavine maybe ross.

The Resurrection of the dunk contest right there
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Did he go into Team USA and just start chucking everytime he was on the floor? Demanding to be the #1 guy and clearing out everyone else to go ISO?
                              I didn't watch all the games, but I'm almost SURE this was not the case.
                              He's not even doing this now... The team just seems like it's in the mindset of "Demar is our guy come hell or high water" and they give him the ball no matter what and just stand still... Often he drives and chucks because he feels like that's his job and the system allows him to do so.

I hate a Demar long 2 or contested fadeaway as much as the next guy but I think we can place most of the blame for his chucking and disregard for team offense on the offensive system
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• LaVine, Wiggins, DD and Ross would be awesome.

Two Timberwolves, two Raptors (including one Canadian) do battle!
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X