X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    He's not.
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    This is arguably DeMar's worst season. Wiggins isn't far away but right now, DeMar is still the better all around player.
    Have you watched a lot of Wiggins this year?

He's a better defender. Has a smoother shot and is better off the ball. Is more difficult to guard in isolation because of his athleticism (his stepback is pretty much unguardable because of the space he covers). Better rebounder. Oh, and he plays within himself a lot and doesn't force very much at all, especially when you consider he's a rookie. If he had a bit more usage he'd probably look even better, but they have had to accommodate veteran pieces all year, and his USG is just 21.9% (lower than every year DeMar has played except his rookie year).

I'm not exactly sure where you think DeMar is better. Passing? Maybe. DeMar's not particularly consistent with that still. And Wiggins is quite a bit better in many other facets.

**If you think DeMar is a better all around player, you'll have to do a lot more to convince some of us than just simply say so.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Mar 10, 2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      LOL you sure you wanna say Demar is a better "all around" player?

I would say this is not even a debate. Wiggins is MILES AHEAD in D and doesn't force anything in O!! very few are as explosive as that guy off the bounce. You will see when he matches up with Demar next week. Wiggins is unbelievable man.
      white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Have you watched a lot of Wiggins this year?

He's a better defender. Has a smoother shot and is better off the ball. Is more difficult to guard in isolation because of his athleticism (his stepback is pretty much unguardable because of the space he covers). Better rebounder. Oh, and he plays within himself a lot and doesn't force very much at all, especially when you consider he's a rookie. If he had a bit more usage he'd probably look even better, but they have had to accommodate veteran pieces all year, and his USG is just 21.9% (lower than every year DeMar has played except his rookie year).

I'm not exactly sure where you think DeMar is better. Passing? Maybe. DeMar's not particularly consistent with that still. And Wiggins is quite a bit better in many other facets.

**If you think DeMar is a better all around player, you'll have to do a lot more to convince some of us than just simply say so.
      Wiggins
      Defense
      3 Point shot
      Shot blocking
      Finishing

DeMar
      Mid range scoring
      Ball handling (He isn't particularly strong but neither is Wiggins)
      Drawing fouls
      Foul shooting
      Playmaking
      Off-ball movement (Specifically last year)
      Around the rim scoring

They're fairly equal in rebounding and shot creation. Look at the stats, specifically per 100 poss. Not much else I can say.
      Last edited by tDotted; Tue Mar 10, 2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Wiggins
        Defense
        3 Point shot
        Shot blocking
        Finishing

DeMar
        Mid range scoring
        Drawing fouls
        Foul shooting
        Playmaking

They're fairly equal in rebounding and shot creation. Look at the stats, specifically per 100 poss. Not much else I can say.
        Wiggins is better from the mid range
        His handles are much improved already. His draft report is already inaccurate.
        His off ball movement is also incredible compared to DD...wiggins is great at cutting the baseline and rebounding offensively off his hustle. DD does not hustle nor cut hard

Comment

• If Wiggins were given the same Usage as Demar, he would still struggle at times, but I'd say he'd manage just as good, or better numbers as Demar. Wiggins is GOOD. And going to be great.

"All-Around Game" - Even I would give it to Wiggins. That's no slight on Demar (from me at least) .. Wiggins is just that good.

Comment

• Guys should being stupid

Obv demar is better then wiggins RIGHT NOW but for sure at LATEST 3/4years wiggins would take over

Wiggins was a Number 1 pick and has potential to be an MVP someday

Point of the story is Demar > Wiggins right now and probably next 1 to 3 seasons but after that Wiggins > Demar

the only players i would trade wiggins for are:
            For sure ~ KD, LBJ, A.Davis/
            50/50 ~ Curry, Harden Westbrook
            maybe if wolves get a lottery pick ~ Cousins, Blake.G, Kawhi

Keep in mind i made that list from pure potential and talent, (didnt include salary)
            Last edited by Abbas; Tue Mar 10, 2015, 07:22 PM.
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Wiggins is better from the mid range
              His handles are much improved already. His draft report is already inaccurate.
              His off ball movement is also incredible compared to DD...wiggins is great at cutting the baseline and rebounding offensively off his hustle. DD does not hustle nor cut hard
              Lol I shouldn't even bother at this point... Look at the stats man. DeMar not only shoots more shots from mid range, he shoots better there as well. For his career, DD shoots 39% from 10 feet out. Wiggins is at 34%. (38% vs 31% from 16 feet out)

DeMar (with no 3 point shot mind you) was able to efficiently score more points than Wiggins in his second year. How? Through cuts and drives to the rim. Now under a different coach, he's being tasked with taking mid range shots. Saunders wants this action from Wiggins, thus why you see it more often.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Guys should being stupid

Obv demar is better then wiggins RIGHT NOW but for sure at LATEST 3/4years wiggins would take over

Wiggins was a Number 1 pick and has potential to be an MVP someday

Point of the story is Demar > Wiggins right now and probably next 10 3 seasons but after that Wiggins > Demar

the only players i would trade wiggins for are:
                For sure ~ KD, LBJ, A.Davis/
                50/50 ~ Curry, Harden Westbrook
                maybe if wolves get a lottery pick ~ Cousins, Blake.G, Kawhi

Keep in mind i made that list from pure potential and talent, (didnt include salary)
                Bruh. You're a homer. Demar will be better than wiggins for 3 seasons? Ahahahahaha good one. This isn't baseball bro guards are pretty well peaked by year 3. Wiggins and derozan are either even or close already, by this time next year when he's averaging 21 points as a shutdown perimeter defender there will be no more debate.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Wiggins
                  Defense
                  3 Point shot
                  Shot blocking
                  Finishing

DeMar
                  Mid range scoring
                  Drawing fouls
                  Foul shooting
                  Playmaking
                  Around the rim scoring

This is a fairly poor comparison because you're essentially laundry listing specific skills with no weight, implying they are equal weight, which is especially a problem since you list D as one of those skills.

Wiggins is better at D (i'm going to ignore that you put shotblocking since that's part of D). And he is in pretty much every way.

So, I'm going to give 1 point for the offensive skills you've listed out, while treating "finishing" and "around the rim scoring" as the same thing, where Wiggins is much better...gets far more of his O at the rim, and converts a bit better than DeMar. Other than that I'll "accept" your assessment of what DeMar is better at while acknowledging that it's still basically debatable depending on the skill.

So DeMar gets 6 pts all on offense. Wiggins gets 2 pts on offense (would be 3 if I kept "finishing" and "around the rim scoring" separate). Now we use the principle of equally weighting both ends of the floor. 8 offensive pts have been given out, so that means D is at least worth the same, and Wiggins is better across the board. That gives Wiggins 10 and DeMar 6.

And to add some discussion on it, I'd argue that the benefit of mid-range scoring is smaller than 3s and finishing at the rim. And I'd argue the margin that DeMar is better at some things (ballhandling, off-ball movement) is negligible. The only thing I can really give DeMar is getting/converting at the line, and passing.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Bruh. You're a homer. Demar will be better than wiggins for 3 seasons? Ahahahahaha good one. This isn't baseball bro guards are pretty well peaked by year 3. Wiggins and derozan are either even or close already, by this time next year when he's averaging 21 points as a shutdown perimeter defender there will be no more debate.
                    Even if you think DeMar is better now, he'll be lucky to maintain that even just going to the end of this season (Wiggins has been improving at a fairly quick pace). By next year, I'm not sure it'll still be even debatable. In 3 seasons...that's just crazy talk.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Please read again
                      I said At LATEST 3/4 years

i honestly think it will take 2 years, I knew him in HS and my god he has improved soooooooo much, i expect wiggins to average 27/7/6 in his best season
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

• obviously wiggins is gunna be better in the next couple years. but if I were trying to make a playoff push right now, id take demar.

here are their per 36 numbers from their rookie years

FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
                        6.1 13.9 .436 0.6 1.8 .340 5.5 12.2 .450 3.5 4.8 .728 1.5 2.9 4.4 1.9 1.2 0.6 2.0 2.5 16.3

5.5 11.1 .498 0.1 0.3 .250 5.4 10.7 .506 3.2 4.2 .763 1.4 3.4 4.8 1.1 0.9 0.4 1.3 3.8 14.3

Guess whos who

That being said wiggins is already a far superior defender and will probably pass demar in every category
                        Last edited by yabadabayolo; Tue Mar 10, 2015, 07:23 PM.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Even if you think DeMar is better now, he'll be lucky to maintain that even just going to the end of this season (Wiggins has been improving at a fairly quick pace). By next year, I'm not sure it'll still be even debatable. In 3 seasons...that's just crazy talk.
                          I said LATEST 3
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            obviously wiggins is gunna be better in the next couple years. but if I were trying to make a playoff push right now, id take demar.

here are their per 36 numbers from their rookie years

6.1 13.9 .436 0.6 1.8 .340 5.5 12.2 .450 3.5 4.8 .728 1.5 2.9 4.4 1.9 1.2 0.6 2.0 2.5 16.3

5.5 11.1 .498 0.1 0.3 .250 5.4 10.7 .506 3.2 4.2 .763 1.4 3.4 4.8 1.1 0.9 0.4 1.3 3.8 14.3

That being said wiggins is already a far superior defender and will probably pass demar in every category
                            I think every GM in the league would take Demar over wiggins this year if they can have them for ONE year only
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              I think every GM in the league would take Demar over wiggins this year if they can have them for ONE year only
                              yeah thats what i was implying. Its obvious EVERYONE would take wiggins in the long run
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                yeah thats what i implying
                                yeah IK lol

im just agreeing
                                Abbas wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X