Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    as good as wiggins is he's not MJ/LBJ/Shaq ect....

a GM would never take a 19year old over 25 year old star for ONE SEASON

unless ofcourse the team is tanking, Demar will agerage something like 22-25pg/3-5a/3-5r in the playoffs
    u put Wiggins in that place he there's a GREAT chance he averages less then what he does now, and the team will more then likely lose in the first round
    If you had a GM, put DeMar and Wiggins on the court (or say scout both), and asked him to pick one for one season, you think the GM takes DeMar every time? Pretend they don't know their ages.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      If you had a GM, put DeMar and Wiggins on the court (or say scout both), and asked him to pick one for one season, you think the GM takes DeMar every time? Pretend they don't know their ages.
      I say they pick demar 6 out of 10 times if they can have them for one season

If they do know their ages and everything else then 9 out of 10 times they pick Demar

Wiggins has No playoff experience and he's only 19
      He has insane potential and will probably be a MVP contender for a long time in a few years but demar right now HAS way more experience and has actually been to the playoffs and he can
      - score better
      - get to the line
      - playmake better

and much much every advance stats is in favour of Demar

If i was gm and i had to pick one player between those two to start a team with i'll pick wiggins 10/10 times
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Some really interesting stuff here:

Derozan Shooting

JJ on/off: 35% with him on vs 42%

Ross on/off: 46% with him on vs 35% with him off

*Derozan with original starting 5: 47% shooting
        This is what's really going on with JJ's low usage and Ross' return to the starting line-up - Casey loves DeMar that much. Too bad Ross has been reduced to "You go stand in the corner so DeMar can take 18 foot jump shots."
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          This is what's really going on with JJ's low usage and Ross' return to the starting line-up - Casey loves DeMar that much. Too bad Ross has been reduced to "You go stand in the corner so DeMar can take 18 foot jump shots."
          Using 2Pats would space better. Pulling out Splitter would be better than Green

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            I say they pick demar 6 out of 10 times if they can have them for one season

If they do know their ages and everything else then 9 out of 10 times they pick Demar

Wiggins has No playoff experience and he's only 19
            He has insane potential and will probably be a MVP contender for a long time in a few years but demar right now HAS way more experience and has actually been to the playoffs and he can
            - score better
            - get to the line
            - playmake better

and much much every advance stats is in favour of Demar

If i was gm and i had to pick one player between those two to start a team with i'll pick wiggins 10/10 times
            Demar has 7 games of playoff experience; he shot 38.5% and we lost. Not exactly a guy who has proven anything in a very small amount of experience.

Score better? That is a big can of worms. Better in what way?
            Demar takes about 37% of his shots from 16th - 3 PT (aka the long two), but is only hitting at 34%.
            His next highest shot selection is 10-16 ft, about 23% of his shots, which he hits at 36.5%

Compare to Wiggins
            31% of his shots are at the rim - hitting those shots at 66.5% (more shot attempts at the rim than Demar has at any location this season - so can't complain about him not having enough shots)
            Attempted twice as many 3s, hitting about 3 times as many (34% vs 23%)
            Shots better % at 10-16ft on similar FGA

Demar gets to the line 2 more times per game - that's 2 points a game. Based on shooting %s, pretty sure Wiggins can make up those 2 points elsewhere.

Neither are play makers at this point. Wiggins plays with Rubio, or Mo Williams a fair bit, so he isn't ask to create. Demar's handles are better than they used to be, but they aren't exactly good.

You are completely ignoring that Wiggins can defend already, while Demar still struggles.

I think any GM would take Wiggins this season over Demar. Demar last season is a different story, but today and likely everyday moving forward, Wiggins is the answer.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              This isn't a single player on the Raptors who could guard Harden in space like that, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                This isn't a single player on the Raptors who could guard Harden in space like that, lol.
                I'd say JJ would be our best bet. Good thing we only played him 5 mins last night. He should be well rested for Miami......

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I'd say JJ would be our best bet. Good thing we only played him 5 mins last night. He should be well rested for Miami......
                  JJ has great recovering ability, but even he doesn't have the foot speed to react to every Harden fake like that. Wiggins looked like a mirror in that sequence. Phenomenal perimeter defense.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    JJ has great recovering ability, but even he doesn't have the foot speed to react to every Harden fake like that. Wiggins looked like a mirror in that sequence. Phenomenal perimeter defense.
                    Probably. Like I said, JJ is our best bet. Not a sure thing though.

I remember this game and the funny thing is that on an earlier possession, Harden did the same moves on Rubio (as expected, Rubio fell down), so Wiggins kinda knew what Harden was likely to do. Doesn't take away from the fact that Wiggins stone cold stopped him in his tracks with amazing foot speed and reaction, but a bit of context adds a layer that Wiggins learns his opponent.

Comment

• Another solid A+ game from DD while his supposedly successor T.Ross wet the bed again.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        Another solid A+ game from DD while his supposedly successor T.Ross wet the bed again.
                        Man i remember a lot of Ross is better than DeRozan comments just months ago. Or Ross is the future SG of this team. LMAO.

Only an IDIOT would say Ross is a better player than DeRozan. It's not even close anymore.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Man i remember a lot of Ross is better than DeRozan comments just months ago. Or Ross is the future SG of this team. LMAO.

Only an IDIOT would say Ross is a better player than DeRozan. It's not even close anymore.
                          Same here Pal. It was just few month ago that people would try to make the arguments that Ross is a better fit for this team.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Stop trying to dump players for nothing. Fire Casey then evaluate. Their value can only increase. This defense is masking everybody, even Lowry look like garbage.

Comment

• I thought DD played decently today. Unfortunately, everyone shat the bed on D tonight so it didn't really matter.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• DD was great offensively. He was probably even worse than GV or PP defensively (and they were disasters). He fought through approximately zero screens, and lost his man loads of times.

But the whole team was bad defensively - Thibs clearly has done at least 2 minutes of scouting and has figured out our defence - they just ran screen after screen with lots of movement and we fell apart.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X