Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Certainly hard to argue with that. Personally, Top 3 for MVP is Westbrook, Curry, Harden.
    It's mind-boggling to consider that OKC had 3 legit MVP players + Ibaka, all under the age of 25 and had to break them up to stay under the tax. A small market team that got punished for doing everything right. smh. There should be a rule in the next CBA that allows teams to sign their own homegrown developed talent, but the salary only counts at like 75% of the actual value against the cap.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    But DeHaters gonna hate.
    Shake it off, bro, shake it off. lol.

(But still right there with Joey on the #ProveEm bandwagon. lol)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      It's mind-boggling to consider that OKC had 3 legit MVP players + Ibaka, all under the age of 25 and had to break them up to stay under the tax. A small market team that got punished for doing everything right. smh. There should be a rule in the next CBA that allows teams to sign their own homegrown developed talent, but the salary only counts at like 75% of the actual value against the cap.
      That's an interesting thought. It's almost like a team-wide Bird-rule, to reward teams that build primarily through the draft (or acquire young prospects to develop) and nurture homegrown talent. I don't like it being a way to circumvent the cap, but perhaps a way to avoid/minimize the luxury tax implications?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        That's an interesting thought. It's almost like a team-wide Bird-rule, to reward teams that build primarily through the draft (or acquire young prospects to develop) and nurture homegrown talent. I don't like it being a way to circumvent the cap, but perhaps a way to avoid/minimize the luxury tax implications?
        I have no issue with modifications to circumvent the cap when it is being used to keep drafted/developed team together, as opposed to creating super-teams. I really like the idea. It would be very complex (does this savings still count when a player is traded like his Bird rights? What about draft day deals? etc) and would really jack up the value of draft picks moving forward.

Great outside the box idea though Golden.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I have no issue with modifications to circumvent the cap when it is being used to keep drafted/developed team together, as opposed to creating super-teams. I really like the idea. It would be very complex (does this savings still count when a player is traded like his Bird rights? What about draft day deals? etc) and would really jack up the value of draft picks moving forward.

Great outside the box idea though Golden.
          Nope. Only counts for the team that developed the player. As soon as he leaves, it's gone. Even if he gets traded back. That simplifies the whole thing. The main objective is to reward a team for the huge investment in properly developing a player they drafted. Kind of the reverse of a transfer fee in euro soccer.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Nope. Only counts for the team that developed the player. As soon as he leaves, it's gone. Even if he gets traded back. That simplifies the whole thing. The main objective is to reward a team for the huge investment in properly developing a player they drafted. Kind of the reverse of a transfer fee in euro soccer.
            So what about players traded on draft night, ala Vince/Bender back in the day?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So what about players traded on draft night, ala Vince/Bender back in the day?
              It kicks in as soon as you sign your first contract. So, Vince is with the Raps. Bender is with the Pacers. Simple. It's more of a rookie thing, than specifically tied to draft. Maybe add an age limit to it.

Comment

• Nice idea Golden, but what about players who sign and go to to play or get assigned to another league? Would that affect your cap or no?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Nice idea Golden, but what about players who sign and go to to play or get assigned to another league? Would that affect your cap or no?
                  It wouldn't apply on the rookie contract, since that's not a huge cap hit. It would only apply on the second contract (or extension), immediately following the rookie deal.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised to see Demar garner some "Player of the Month" recognition.

As I said in the Game thread, averages of 23.9 points on 43.8% Shooting; 45% from 3; 8 FTAs per; 6 rebounds and 4 assists over 15 games, don't come easily. And these might not actually include tonights game either ...

Comment

• With this game Demar has finally gotten over 40% FG% on the season I believe.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised to see Demar garner some "Player of the Month" recognition.

As I said in the Game thread, averages of 23.9 points on 43.8% Shooting; 45% from 3; 8 FTAs per; 6 rebounds and 4 assists over 15 games, don't come easily. And these might not actually include tonights game either ...
                        Most impressive is the boards and the assists. Brook Lopez might be some competition for player of the month.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Games like this makes me wonder what some of the fans here think when they are asking for this guy to be traded while he is only making 10 million.

Who do we have who can play like this ?

You are talking about building block :

1) DD
                          2) Lowry
                          3) J.V.

With these guys in place, you would need that super star, option one to come in and make this a championship team. If anything, u might want to trade Lowry for a pass first PG but trading DD next year is just not the right move.

Comment

• DD has been awesome on the glass lately, I really hope that continues.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              Games like this makes me wonder what some of the fans here think when they are asking for this guy to be traded while he is only making 10 million.

1) DD
                              2) Lowry
                              3) J.V.

With these guys in place, you would need that super star, option one to come in and make this a championship team. If anything, u might want to trade Lowry for a pass first PG but trading DD next year is just not the right move.
                              Not to take anything away from last night's performance, but "games like this" are so rare. It's far more commonplace for DeRozan to have a 25% shooting night.

That said, DeRozan could be a part of the long-term core if the coaches would instill some shot discipline in him. Casey needs to do what McHale is doing with Josh Smith.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                Games like this makes me wonder what some of the fans here think when they are asking for this guy to be traded while he is only making 10 million.

1) DD
                                2) Lowry
                                3) J.V.

Of course, it's much more complicated than "yes/no".
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X