Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    No.

But many thought 40% was and pointed to the 55% as evidence.

Same song and dance as the start to year 4.
    Many thought means who? you?

40% huh? geez man. That's Klay Thompson territory right there. Not sure if you've heard of him but Klay Thompson is an ELITE 3pt shooter.

Why in the hell would you expect DeRozan who's a HORRIBLE 3pt shooter all of a sudden shoot 40% from 3?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Many thought means who? you?

40% huh? geez man. That's Klay Thompson territory right there. Not sure if you've heard of him but Klay Thompson is an ELITE 3pt shooter.

Why in the hell would you expect DeRozan who's a HORRIBLE 3pt shooter all of a sudden shoot 40% from 3?
      Lol - go look through the threads. One thing I've nailed about DeRozan is he is a shitty 3pt shooter.

Your constant swipes in an attempt to discredit or insult my intelligence never gets old.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Lol - go look through the threads. One thing I've nailed about DeRozan is he is a shitty 3pt shooter.

Your constant swipes in an attempt to discredit or insult my intelligence never gets old.
        You never answered my question.

Why in the hell would you expect DeRozan who's a shitty 3pt shooter like you said all of a sudden shoot 40% from 3? seems unrealistic don't you think?

40% 3pt shooter = elite territory.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

You never answered my question.

Why in the hell would you expect DeRozan who's a shitty 3pt shooter like you said all of a sudden shoot 40% from 3? seems unrealistic don't you think?

40% 3pt shooter = elite territory.
          Why do you keep insisting I said this when I did not......ever.

If you want to make up shit to have a discussion, don't include me in your fantasy.

'Many' were the numerous people I had the discussion with 1.5-2 years ago and earlier.

Comment

• Hmm. Let's see.

This was your quote just from an hour ago.

"During that stretch he shot something like 55% from three. How has that gone since?

You seem disappointed that he couldn't sustain that 55% 3pt shooting and now you're ridiculing him for it. Am i right?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hmm. Let's see.

"During that stretch he shot something like 55% from three. How has that gone since?

You seem disappointed that he couldn't sustain that 55% 3pt shooting and now you're ridiculing him for it. Am i right?
              I don't want to speak for him, but to me that's an example of a pont that's been brought up lately - DeMar is quite capable of performing very well for stretches, but he plays badly for more stretches than good. Hence, his current play is not really proof against those who doubt him - he's performed unsustainably well before, and come back to earth those times. The stretch to end Gay's first season here with 55% shooting from 3 is just one example of short term success that fell completely to pieces the following season.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hmm. Let's see.

No, you are not.

During that stretch he shot 55% from 3 with many DeRozan fans stating it was proof he was capable of shooting 40% due to his work ethic, etc. whereas posters such as myself said it was a hot stretch that meant very little because we have seen such stretches before and he would return to his mean - which he always has hence the question, "How has that gone since?"

Comment

• I personally feel that KLow/DD are untouchable. Guard play is a necessity in today's games. I feel that Masai will tangle JV/Ross for an All-Star frontcourt player(DMC) or make a big splash in free agency(LA)

Masai knows are best player is 29 and he wouldn't of resign if he didn't think the team could contend in those 3 years.

I really don't feel like Masai is a fan of losing. His just never tanked in his short GM career.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also all this talk about DD always has a stretch of good games is rubbish because DD is playing the best ball of his career the last month and a half.

I don't recall DD ever scoring 80 points in two home games on over %50 shooting. I also don't ever remember DD being a triple double treat every night out.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Also all this talk about DD always has a stretch of good games is rubbish because DD is playing the best ball of his career the last month and a half.

I don't recall DD ever scoring 80 points in two home games on over %50 shooting. I also don't ever remember DD being a triple double treat every night out.
                      The biggest complaint about Lowry being signed and then Gay being acquired, is that there wasn't enough ball to go around, given that each player needs the ball to be at their best. We saw what Lowry is capable of after the Gay trade and earlier this season when DeRozan was out with injury. I've been impressed with DeRozan during Lowry's injury, especially with the way he's stepped up and assumed more of the team-oriented responsibility (ie: be a facilitator to get others involved, contribute on the boards).

I'm curious to see what happens when both players are healthy again, be it in the playoffs or the start of next season (assuming they're both back). It just seems that neither of them are at their best when they have to share the ball/role/leadership, but I'm not sure whether that's because of the players or DC's offensive system - take-a-turn hero-ball (or a combination thereof).

I can't help but think that one of them needs to be traded. Not only would it seem to bring out the best in whichever stays (DeRozan could opt-out after next season, while Lowry is approaching 30), but they're easily the team's best trade assets, when you account for both talent and salary able to come back in trade.

Comment

• Their obviously are best trade chips because their obviously our best players. I just don't see the point of trading a known commodity for an unknown one. Especially when their All-Star players.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Their obviously are best trade chips because their obviously our best players. I just don't see the point of trading a known commodity for an unknown one. Especially when their All-Star players.
                          I think its always worth looking out for trades but I agree that it seems difficult to me that Masai finds a deal that truly benefits this team's ceiling

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I don't want to speak for him, but to me that's an example of a pont that's been brought up lately - DeMar is quite capable of performing very well for stretches, but he plays badly for more stretches than good. Hence, his current play is not really proof against those who doubt him - he's performed unsustainably well before, and come back to earth those times. The stretch to end Gay's first season here with 55% shooting from 3 is just one example of short term success that fell completely to pieces the following season.
                            The season he made the all-star team (LAST SEASON) he performed very well for pretty much the whole season and even after the season where he made Team USA.....

His doubters don't even want to give him a complete season....smh

He performs badly for more stretches than good?? but somehow makes the all-star team and team USA last year...... to me that's evidence to prove the doubters wrong, but i digress.

Comment

Their obviously are best trade chips because their obviously our best players. I just don't see the point of trading a known commodity for an unknown one. Especially when their All-Star players.
                              Known commodity isn't always a good thing.

Each player has made 1 all-star team, an appropriate caveat when discussing value.

With the way JV plays, I'm not convinced that he isn't a better player than one (or both) next season. Coaching and role will obviously have a huge impact. He's probably a better trade value at this point (based on age, position, contract status and production) but he's the one we should be keeping long term.

I'm willing to see what DD can do with a better coach (better as in better accountability and more ball movement) but I'd be checking with teams on his trade value this off-season. If the right deal isn't there, then roll with him but you still need to do your due diligence.

Lowry has a better contract status than DD but you do wonder how long his window is open with his size/style. If you don't think you can build a winner in that window, then you explore your options.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                The season he made the all-star team (LAST SEASON) he performed very well for pretty much the whole season and even after the season where he made Team USA.....

His doubters don't even want to give him a complete season....smh

He performs badly for more stretches than good?? but somehow makes the all-star team and team USA last year...... to me that's evidence to prove the doubters wrong, but i digress.
                                I honestly don't think Team USA factors into the equation. When building a super team with all of the best players, the end of the bench roster decisions are significantly different than a regular team deciding it's core moving forward.

You might as well refer to his 2k rating for all that it's worth.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X