No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their obviously are best trade chips because their obviously our best players. I just don't see the point of trading a known commodity for an unknown one. Especially when their All-Star players.
    Magic beans! Everyone loves Magic Beans!

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I honestly don't think Team USA factors into the equation. When building a super team with all of the best players, the end of the bench roster decisions are significantly different than a regular team deciding it's core moving forward.

You might as well refer to his 2k rating for all that it's worth.
      2k rating....lol.

That's your response for making the best team with the best players in the world.....

Once Demar made Team USA, it no longer became an accomplishment (according to his doubters).....beat out Hayward, Parsons, Lillard, etc as a "end of bench player".... Although most people would add those "end of bench players" to their core.

Add that to the fact that he also made the all-star team last year and has been playing amazing bball for a while now.....

Only 25 years old....

Nah... Check his 2k ratings.... It's just as useful in determining how good he is and whether he should be apart of the core moving forward. Gotcha! Sorta....nah it makes no sense to me.

How about we bring in some better players to help Demar out? Maybe that might help? Where do I start.....Starting TRoss, GV, chronically injured PF, Bargnani experiments, Casey, flawed players galore....

Demar is one of the only bright spots.... AND he's still improving. I would rather trade JV as he has the higher value due to potential and control, but you probably already knew that. Let's see what Masai does. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote:
        You gotta be some kind of stupid to take DD over Lillard as a core player

Insult intended
        lol well all the coaches & GM in Team USA did

And im pretty sure their not stupid. Our (FANS) knowledge on basketball is no way near there knowledge on basketball
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

And im pretty sure their not stupid. Our (FANS) knowledge on basketball is no way near there knowledge on basketball
          I'm quite sure they're also capable of mistakes. DeMar played well (when he played that is, which was rarely) for Team USA, but that doesn't mean Lillard didn't deserve that spot more than DeMar did.

Comment

• I have a feeling Irving, Rose, and Curry (and even Harden) had more to do with Lillard not making the team than DeRozan (not taking anything away from DD's accomplishment).

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

OldSkoolCool wrote:
              You gotta be some kind of stupid to take DD over Lillard as a core player

Insult intended
              Don't you dare put words in my mouth!

I said all those "end of bench" players would be the core of their teams..... Or do you think Lillard would be starting over Curry and Irving?

Coming from the guy who said that trading Demar is addition by subtraction....calling me stupid is like saying Ross wasn't a reach.... lol. Trust me....I'll forget more than you'll ever know about rating players. Learn to read homie and stop calling posters stupid.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                I have a feeling Irving, Rose, and Curry (and even Harden) had more to do with Lillard not making the team than DeRozan (not taking anything away from DD's accomplishment).
                I have a feeling that Demar is going nowhere and will re-sign for another team friendly contract when the time comes. 😀

Maybe you're right about Lillard.... What about Parsons and Hayward? I thought so.....

Doubters wanna change this into a debate about whose better between Lillard and DD lol. Nice try!

My point is that the "end of bench" players on Team USA (including Demar) are all better than anyone we currently have on our team and would be considered our core (including a few players like Lillard, Hayward and Parson who didn't make it).

Ya'll acting like great players are lining up to come to Toronto Lol. Demar was picked by the best team to play with the best of the best from the NBA. Minimizing that is so hater like....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  I have a feeling that Demar is going nowhere and will re-sign for another team friendly contract when the time comes. ��

Maybe you're right about Lillard.... What about Parsons and Hayward? I thought so.....

Doubters wanna change this into a debate about whose better between Lillard and DD lol. Nice try!

My point is that the "end of bench" players on Team USA (including Demar) are all better than anyone we currently have on our team and would be considered our core (including a few players like Lillard, Hayward and Parson who didn't make it).

Ya'll acting like great players are lining up to come to Toronto Lol. Demar was picked by the best team to play with the best of the best from the NBA. Minimizing that is so hater like....

This is so old.

I made a general comment that was no slight to DeMar.

Comment

• This DeMar DeRozan DeBate will never end

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Demar is one of the only bright spots.... AND he's still improving. I would rather trade JV as he has the higher value due to potential and control, but you probably already knew that. Let's see what Masai does. 😉

But JV is a scrub. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him.

In seriousness though, JV still has lots of room for progression, why would you trade when he hasn't reached his peak value?

Abbas wrote: View Post

It's all about fit, rather than who's better.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        But JV is a scrub. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him.

In seriousness though, JV still has lots of room for progression, why would you trade when he hasn't reached his peak value?

It's all about fit, rather than who's better.
                        JV is certainly not a scrub. Not many people in the forums would ever call him that (I only know of one person - who shall not be named) that called JV a scrub, and it's likely due to his defensive ability or lack thereof at this point in his progression.

I really do like JV, but I think we all know that it would take a piece like him to get us the all-star we're looking for. He could become a restricted free agent and another team can match the offer he receives and keep him for a long time. JV's potential is very real.....its been said many times that he's not being used properly here..... Maybe Masai doesn't have to do as much selling with JV. Throw in a first round pick, a guy with some potential like Ross (who others think is not be being used properly) and additional picks/fillers and you never know....what is JV's peak of value? Will he ever become a number one option? Can he be a number 2 option? Will he dominate the game on both ends? These are all questions we must ask.....

If Demar can "fit" on Team USA, I don't think there should be an issue of him fitting here. We should add a true number 1 option and better shooters. We need other players with smaller roles to guard their positions better (Starting SF and backup PG). With his improved playmaking, I think he will fit just fine......

Last edited by special1; Mon Apr 6, 2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Guys, can we please avoid calling people names. Just makes you look silly if all you can muster is insults and personal attacks.

Comment

The season he made the all-star team (LAST SEASON) he performed very well for pretty much the whole season and even after the season where he made Team USA.....

His doubters don't even want to give him a complete season....smh

He performs badly for more stretches than good?? but somehow makes the all-star team and team USA last year...... to me that's evidence to prove the doubters wrong, but i digress.
                            So, you are completely unable to judge players for yourself? If all you are going to do is quote that he made the all-star team and Team USA, you are not adding anything to the conversation. We are aware. It is not ignorance of these facts that leads us to our conclusions.

If you have anything new to add, real counters to statistics and points, please provide them. But an appeal to authority isn't going to cut it for me.

Meantime, yes, DeMar has played poorly more often than he has played well.

DD averages 35 MPG this year (last year was higher but we'll go with this to give him the benefit of the doubt). League average TS% for a SG is 52.5 (based on 79 qualified SG's - 52.5 is the median value, the 40th ranked SG). League average rebounds per 48 for a SG is 5.3, and league average for assists is 3.8. Adjusted to DD's 35 minutes those end up as 3.9 rebounds per game and 2.8 assists per game.

We'll call any month where he exceeded all of the three categories a good month, and any month he was below average in two of them a bad one. Keep in mind these are the values for a 30th ranked SG, so it's not really a high bar.

His month by month splits the past two seasons (you know, the good ones):
                            November: 54 TS%, 3.9 RPG, 2.7 APG
                            December: 49 TS%, 4.6 RPG, 3.9 APG
                            January: 53 TS%, 5.4 RPG, 4.1 APG
                            February: 55 TS%, 4.2 RPG, 5.0 APG
                            March: 55 TS%, 3.9 RPG, 4.0 APG
                            April: 54 TS%, 4.0 RPG, 4.6 APG
                            November: 50 TS%, 3.7 RPG, 2.6 APG
                            January: 49 TS%, 4.4 RPG, 3.6 APG
                            February: 44 TS%, 4.2 RPG, 3.0 APG
                            March: 55 TS%, 6.0 RPG, 4.1 APG

So, January, February and April last season, and March this season were good months. November, December and March last season, and January and February this season were mediocre ones. November this season was terrible. So that's 4 good months to 6 mediocre to poor ones, but to only 1 poor one. Of course, this is based on the lowest bar I could imagine setting.

Setting the bar at 15th ranked SG (average starter) rather than 30th (borderline starter) means threshold values of 6.4 RP48, 4.8 AP48, and 55.4 TS%, which prorates to 4.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists. Then he literally never crosses the TS% threshold for an entire month. And does so only twice for rebounds. 7 times (out of 10) he hits the assist mark. By that slightly higher bar, he has 8 bad months to 2 mediocre ones and no good ones, though we could be flexible and say this past March he came close enough on TS% to qualify for a good month. So, 8 bad months, 1 good month and 1 mediocre month.

My conclusion is that if your standard for DeMar is a 30th ranked SG, a borderline starter, then yes, he plays well at least as often as he plays poorly, probably much more often. But if your standard for him is a good SG, a top 15 SG, then that statement just doesn't seem to hold water.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ^Not taking into account USG% is a serious ommission, Dan. Otherwise, appreciate the work you put into your posts.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                ^Not taking into account USG% is a serious ommission, Dan. Otherwise, appreciate the work you put into your posts.
                                Usage would skew his assists up and his TS% down, so I figured I'd let it go for a late night post.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X