No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhhhh DeRozan. You're doing it to me again.

I've been one of the harshest DeRozan critics (rightfully so, in my opinion).

Last season his play in regular season changed my tune. I valued what he brought to the game.

This year, to start the season he returned to typical career form. The so called improvements in his skill actually made his game worse due to poor decisions and individual play while no longer bringing the other contributions to the floor such as assists and rebounding.

Then he became injured.

When he came back from injury, the same sort of issues persisted from the start of the year.

HOWEVER.....

March and April he has been on an absolute tear. I love this DeRozan on the offensive side of the ball. I really, really do. This is the hope and potential I saw in year 2 and start of year 3.

So where are we now?

Would the real DeMar DeRozan please stand up?

More importantly, what does Masai do?

Is this the guy who is going to show up for 90% of his games from here on out? Or is this the guy we get for 25 games a year?

If this is the guy who shows up 90% of the season, he is a keeper - no question, no shit, no duh.
    If this is the guy who shows up 25 games of the season, he should be fantastic trade bait right now.

Honestly, I don't know the answer here. I would not want to be making that decision if I am Masai Ujiri.

By this point in time, it is probably obvious where most posters around here fall on the decision.

Personally, I'm a big 'IDK' anymore.

Comment

• Still think one of dd or kl have to go

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Still think one of dd or kl have to go
        Honestly, at this point I'm not set on anyone leaving except Casey.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Honestly, at this point I'm not set on anyone leaving except Casey.
          Yes. That is for sure.

The assumption I have is one of Lowry or DeRozan can return VERY good value.

If you don't trade one of those guys, then you're relying on draft picks in the 20 range and free agency as the only means of adding new talent. If Amir and Lou are brought back, then you're most likely relying on just the draft picks plus minimum contracts and exceptions which everyone has to add talent. Granted you can rely on current guys to get better but the only guys I see able to up their game would be JV as we don't know what Bruno and Bebe are yet - although many have an opinion.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Apr 12, 2015, 10:00 AM. Reason: added exceptions which everyone has to add talent

Comment

• DD being traded? illogical.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
              Using the same criteria…

K. Thompson
              November - Bad month. 1/3 criteria met.
              December - Bad month. 0/3
              January - Bad month 0/3
              February - Bad month 0/3
              March - Bad month 1/3
              April - Bad month 1/3
              November - Bad month 1/3
              December - Medicore month (not really actually, he fell 0.1 assist short but we'll give it to him)
              January - Bad month 1/3
              February - Bad month 0/3
              March - Bad month 1/3

Derozan confirmed better than Thompson!!!1!!!
              LOL. You totally nailed that. The criteria that actually does seem to separate elite vs. non-elite scorers is:

ORTG > 110
              USG% > 25
              MPG > 30

I've been using that for years and it always passes the eye/sniff test.

DD was borderline elite last year and Klay wasn't elite. But this year it's reversed.

2013-14 Elite scorers
              http://bkref.com/tiny/Zp5VQ

2014-15 Elite scorers
              http://bkref.com/tiny/Ggia4
              Last edited by golden; Sun Apr 12, 2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

If Amir and Lou are brought back,
                Please don't tell me Amir will be back

Comment

• If lowry can get his 3PT % up to 38+ next season and we sign Khris.M(13m) & TT(10.5M) that will be one hell of a team

Lowry-DeRozan-Khris-TT-JV
                  Beverly-Lou-JJ-Hans-McGee

Sign & trade GV for Patrick Beverly(5.5m) , Sign Mcgee(2.5m)

Trade 2Pat and tross somewhere, not sure where yet

ReSign Lou(6m) & Hans(2.5m)
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Ahhhhhh DeRozan. You're doing it to me again.

I've been one of the harshest DeRozan critics (rightfully so, in my opinion).

Last season his play in regular season changed my tune. I valued what he brought to the game.

This year, to start the season he returned to typical career form. The so called improvements in his skill actually made his game worse due to poor decisions and individual play while no longer bringing the other contributions to the floor such as assists and rebounding.

Then he became injured.

When he came back from injury, the same sort of issues persisted from the start of the year.

HOWEVER.....

March and April he has been on an absolute tear. I love this DeRozan on the offensive side of the ball. I really, really do. This is the hope and potential I saw in year 2 and start of year 3.

So where are we now?

Would the real DeMar DeRozan please stand up?

More importantly, what does Masai do?

Is this the guy who is going to show up for 90% of his games from here on out? Or is this the guy we get for 25 games a year?

If this is the guy who shows up 90% of the season, he is a keeper - no question, no shit, no duh.
                    If this is the guy who shows up 25 games of the season, he should be fantastic trade bait right now.

Honestly, I don't know the answer here. I would not want to be making that decision if I am Masai Ujiri.

By this point in time, it is probably obvious where most posters around here fall on the decision.

Personally, I'm a big 'IDK' anymore.
                    I'm with you. I have no clue what we should do with him because THIS Demar is amazing.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• We'll see how DeMar does in the playoffs, that'll be a good test.
                      OG is our king

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        If lowry can get his 3PT % up to 38+ next season and we sign Khris.M(13m) & TT(10.5M) that will be one hell of a team

Lowry-DeRozan-Khris-TT-JV
                        Beverly-Lou-JJ-Hans-McGee

Sign & trade GV for Patrick Beverly(5.5m) , Sign Mcgee(2.5m)

Trade 2Pat and tross somewhere, not sure where yet

ReSign Lou(6m) & Hans(2.5m)
                        I think TT is overrated around these parts. No thanks to him.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          We'll see how DeMar does in the playoffs, that'll be a good test.
                          Agreed. He did well last year let's see what he does this year.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I think the lack of responses suggests that it was a good rebuttal. That was my reaction to the post - nice counter. I'd argue the two players should be graded differently (DD doesn't provide elite shooting like Klay so needs to be more all-around), but that's probably a cop-out. Without establishing how other players do under that grading system, there's not much value to it. My benchmarks were completely arbitrary, as I tried to point out, since it was a late night post and I hadn't really done any due diligence.
                            I don't think it's a cop out necessarily as there's certainly some merit to your point. There's absolutely nothing wrong with applying context in these situations, I just think we could all stand to do it more consistently. We almost always seem to have a reason why certain data or measures should be thrown out the window for players on other teams or certain Raptor players… but when it comes to DeRozan we seem perfectly fine with dumping a bunch of unflattering numbers on the table and saying "This is all the proof that you need that this guy sucks".

And before this actually becomes a Klay versus DD debate.. let me cut you off. I don't actually think DeRozan is better than Thompson. It was just to point out that you can spin the numbers in a dozen different ways depending on what point you wish to make.

Comment

• Ahhh, whats happening?!?

Calm, civil, measured debate in the Demar thread?! Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Ahhh, whats happening?!?

Calm, civil, measured debate in the Demar thread?! Lol
                                Shhh don't jinx it
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X