Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koreen tweet
    Before the all-star break, DeRozan shot his customary 21% from three-point range. Since? 36%. Makes massive difference.
    And before anyone screams "small sample size" — he played 32 games before break, 27 after.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      Koreen tweet
      Small sample size

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Ahhh, whats happening?!?

Calm, civil, measured debate in the Demar thread?! Lol
        #ProveEm = Prove that this type of conversation is possible
        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          #ProveEm = Prove that this type of conversation is possible
          #ProvedEm
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I think people simply view sports, pro sports, in a fantasy type way. We all do and its normal, but think on it. A guy gets hurt...not just a little, but an actual tear of a major muscle. He has to sit and do nothing to heal it. His body, atrophies a little, that particular muscle is devastated to ground zero and has to be built up. But the games play on, and in two weeks the misses like 6-7 games, in 8 weeks he misses 25-30. To fans this is a millennium. To the player, the human being, its only 8 weeks. Its nothing. Its a VERY, VERY short amount of time to heal. But we demand instant success, no relapses, no steps back.

Demar Derozan was on a very special path, playing great ball, and he got hit hard. The set back was very significant, and it can't be something you ride a guy for. I could never understand the hate for the guy. I mean as fans we get pissy during a game, or right after a loss, but common sense has to prevail. I don't think you trade this guy at all, hell no, for who? james Harden???

Dude is a player. Period.

Toronto needs a high quality 3,4, and 5. Then you will all be happy. 5 is close. 4 is dead, and three..... well toronto aint got a three.

Comment

• People talk about Demar NOT having an impressive first play off appearance. I realize some might take exception to his 0.385% shooting percentage and that is bad, I admit. But he went to the line 11 times per game and hit 10 of 11! not to mention he was good for about one 3 per game, combine that with 4 rebounds and almost 4 assists with nearly 24 points per game and 40 minutes played I'd say that's pretty damn impressive. Especially when he was guarded by big/long defenders (Pierce, Livingston, Joe).

There seems to be a narrative that DD didn't have a good play off showing (not necessarily on RR but media peeps in general). I beg to differ, DeMar was very good, and we're gonna need more of it this year.

GP GS Min FGM FGA FG% 3FGM 3FGA 3P% FTM FTA FT% FIC OFF DEF Reb Ast Stl Blk PF TO Pts
              7 7 40.3 6.43 16.71 .385 0.9 2.6 .333 10.1 11.3 .90 11.1 0.4 3.7 4.1 3.6 1.1 0.3 3.3 2.6 23.9

Stats were taken from Real GM. I rounded a bit to make everything fit a bit nicer. Here is a link to the stats for you purists out there.

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/...n/Summary/1605
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                Koreen tweet
                More generally, Derozan was (and is I guess) shooting career lows all over the place and has been since the start of the season. Eventually, the numbers were going to even out. His overall percentage from three is now in line with what he shot the last two years (29% vs 31% and 28% the previous two seasons) but his 2-pt FG% is almost 4 percentage points off his career number.

Comment

• I think alot of demars success needs to be attributed to usage and sets.

Demar is not a player that is gonna go out, put teak on back and get it done bu sheet force of talent and determination.

Without alot of help from teamates, guy has poor efficiency and is not a net positive on the floor, but give him unlimoted opportunities, and run 4 guys with him who fit well into said system designed to maximize his potential and he becomes an average net producer on the court.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Ahhhhhh DeRozan. You're doing it to me again.

I've been one of the harshest DeRozan critics (rightfully so, in my opinion).

Last season his play in regular season changed my tune. I valued what he brought to the game.

This year, to start the season he returned to typical career form. The so called improvements in his skill actually made his game worse due to poor decisions and individual play while no longer bringing the other contributions to the floor such as assists and rebounding.

Then he became injured.

When he came back from injury, the same sort of issues persisted from the start of the year.

HOWEVER.....

March and April he has been on an absolute tear. I love this DeRozan on the offensive side of the ball. I really, really do. This is the hope and potential I saw in year 2 and start of year 3.

So where are we now?

Would the real DeMar DeRozan please stand up?

More importantly, what does Masai do?

Is this the guy who is going to show up for 90% of his games from here on out? Or is this the guy we get for 25 games a year?

If this is the guy who shows up 90% of the season, he is a keeper - no question, no shit, no duh.
                    If this is the guy who shows up 25 games of the season, he should be fantastic trade bait right now.

Honestly, I don't know the answer here. I would not want to be making that decision if I am Masai Ujiri.

By this point in time, it is probably obvious where most posters around here fall on the decision.

Personally, I'm a big 'IDK' anymore.
                    I recently posted either earlier in this thread or in another thread, that I didn't think it was a coincidence that DeRozan's all-around game improved right around the same time that Lowry crumbled (and started sitting out).

With Lowry running the point, DC used DeRozan (and/or DeRozan chose to play) as a volume shooter, just like he uses Lou on the 2nd unit (as he previously did with Gay, Bargnani, etc...). Since Lowry has gone down, DeRozan has had to step up and assume more responsibility, not only scoring, but facilitating the team's offense. While being more responsible for initiating the offense and getting his teammates involved, DeRozan has seen sustained increases in assists and rebounds, while also playing better man-defense.

I think it was after the Houston game that I mused about DeRozan possibly playing PG, because he seems to play far more efficiently when he has greater overall responsibility placed on his shoulders. Rather than simply looking to force his own shot, he's looking to distribute the ball and make plays off his dribble-penetration, whether it's driving hard to the basket looking for an and-one, passing out to an open 3pt shooter or dropping the ball off to a big.

The 'problem' is that I've reached the point where I don't know how much to blame DC vs blaming the player(s). If it came down to cashing-in one of the recent all-stars, I'd probably go with the player likely to return the best haul - though my priority would be to trade Lowry, simply due to his age and increasingly wonky back (bad combination when looking ahead to the next few seasons).
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 13, 2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...rs-into-battle

“It’s not about DeMar, it’s about us winning,” Casey said. “It’s from his heart. A lot of guys say that, but it’s not genuine. Whereas DeMar has been here when we were playing for lottery balls.”

“It means a lot to me because I always took pride in everything I did here,” DeRozan said. “Working, continuing to get better year in and year out, not just for myself but just for this organization and this city to be in the position that we are in now. To come from where I came from, through the tough times, and to have two division titles, making the playoffs, breaking so many team records, that means a lot to me. And I just want, I want more to come with that. That’s why I’m so passionate.”

Great article.
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Apr 14, 2015, 06:01 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        People talk about Demar NOT having an impressive first play off appearance. I realize some might take exception to his 0.385% shooting percentage and that is bad, I admit. But he went to the line 11 times per game and hit 10 of 11! not to mention he was good for about one 3 per game, combine that with 4 rebounds and almost 4 assists with nearly 24 points per game and 40 minutes played I'd say that's pretty damn impressive. Especially when he was guarded by big/long defenders (Pierce, Livingston, Joe).

There seems to be a narrative that DD didn't have a good play off showing (not necessarily on RR but media peeps in general). I beg to differ, DeMar was very good, and we're gonna need more of it this year.

GP GS Min FGM FGA FG% 3FGM 3FGA 3P% FTM FTA FT% FIC OFF DEF Reb Ast Stl Blk PF TO Pts
                        7 7 40.3 6.43 16.71 .385 0.9 2.6 .333 10.1 11.3 .90 11.1 0.4 3.7 4.1 3.6 1.1 0.3 3.3 2.6 23.9

Stats were taken from Real GM. I rounded a bit to make everything fit a bit nicer. Here is a link to the stats for you purists out there.

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/...n/Summary/1605
                        really? i dont remember anyone really getting down on derozan during the playoffs, except maybe the very first game.

t ross on the other hand? fuck that guy.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...rs-into-battle

“It’s not about DeMar, it’s about us winning,” Casey said. “It’s from his heart. A lot of guys say that, but it’s not genuine. Whereas DeMar has been here when we were playing for lottery balls.”

“It means a lot to me because I always took pride in everything I did here,” DeRozan said. “Working, continuing to get better year in and year out, not just for myself but just for this organization and this city to be in the position that we are in now. To come from where I came from, through the tough times, and to have two division titles, making the playoffs, breaking so many team records, that means a lot to me. And I just want, I want more to come with that. That’s why I’m so passionate.”

Great article.
                          Thanks for sharing, great article

Comment

• Tweet from the day Bosh left...

Who knows, maybe he's finally got us...

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              t ross on the other hand? Fuck that guy.
                              LOL. I do remember a lot of this.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Tweet from the day Bosh left...

Who knows, maybe he's finally got us...
                                He's finally got us... after a few years. Just had to get his game together. But we need others to got us.

Personally I don't want Dwane Casey to got us.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X