Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Rip Hamilton was used almost entirely as an off-ball catch and shoot player. While the comparison has been made a lot, they're really completely different types of players and it stopped being a good comparison after his 3rd season (if it ever really was). Rip was Reggie/Ray but without their range.

That's not DeMar's game. And it shouldn't be. He needs the ball in his hands a lot more, and has proven he can create for others as well. A 3 pter would really open things up for him and the team.
    Rip's game is actually similar to Tross on offense, both can't create for themselves but are very good in the catch and shoot as well as coming off screens.

The main difference between Ross and Rip is one of them shoots 3s and the other is all about the midrange game.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Rip's game is actually similar to Tross on offense, both can't create for themselves but are very good in the catch and shoot as well as coming off screens.

The main difference between Ross and Rip is one of them shoots 3s and the other is all about the midrange game.
      And Rip isn't softer than jelly mentally.

Comment

Rip Hamilton was used almost entirely as an off-ball catch and shoot player. While the comparison has been made a lot, they're really completely different types of players and it stopped being a good comparison after his 3rd season (if it ever really was). Rip was Reggie/Ray but without their range.

That's not DeMar's game. And it shouldn't be. He needs the ball in his hands a lot more, and has proven he can create for others as well. A 3 pter would really open things up for him and the team.
        You seem to forget that Rip was great at finding the open man and creating for others off the dribble. I was trying to make the comparison in terms of general strengths, not specifics like whether he comes off screens. Dominate the midrange and have the 3 as solid backup (what I was trying to get at). Not the best player for comparison though.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          You seem to forget that Rip was great at finding the open man and creating for others off the dribble. I was trying to make the comparison in terms of general strengths, not specifics like whether he comes off screens. Dominate the midrange and have the 3 as solid backup (what I was trying to get at). Not the best player for comparison though.
          I didn't forget that. They're still really different types of players.

General strengths, Rip is not nearly as good operating with the ball in his hands. He was a sniper from the mid-range, and his entire game was enabled by his shooting being that good. Even when he would "create" for others it was often after being run off his shooting spot.

DeMar is not such a player. Having the 3 wouldn't take away from his mid-range game. It would just take away negative aspects of his mid-range game. He'd still be able to operate in the mid-post, and get some easy catch and shoot mid-range jumpers. But it would make him not have to settle for as many bad shots, and would make it easier to drive. So instead of dominating just in the mid-range, he'd dominate more from everywhere, which makes it much more difficult to plan against him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Damn, first question, "What's your name mean"..

So its going to be of THOSE articles .. alright .. I'll get out the onions and cutting board.
            goddamn

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

DeMar is not such a player. Having the 3 wouldn't take away from his mid-range game. It would just take away negative aspects of his mid-range game. He'd still be able to operate in the mid-post, and get some easy catch and shoot mid-range jumpers. But it would make him not have to settle for as many bad shots, and would make it easier to drive. So instead of dominating just in the mid-range, he'd dominate more from everywhere, which makes it much more difficult to plan against him.
              Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I never said otherwise. 3 ball would be another strength in his arsenal but not his main weapon. (Just like Rip). That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I never said otherwise. 3 ball would be another strength in his arsenal but not his main weapon. (Just like Rip). That's all I'm saying.
                Yeah, not his main weapon...but it seems like the missing piece to take his game to another level. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Yeah, not his main weapon...but it seems like the missing piece to take his game to another level. That's all I'm saying.
                  Well... wouldya look at that... we were saying the same thing... the whole time. Who woulda thought.

Comment

Well... wouldya look at that... we were saying the same thing... the whole time. Who woulda thought.
                    It's cuz it's a DeMar thread...every time there's a consensus it risks collapsing the universe.

Comment

It's cuz it's a DeMar thread...every time there's a consensus it risks collapsing the universe.
                      Truer words have never been said mate.

Comment

• DeRozan just got named Eastern conference player of the month for April!

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            DeRozan just got named Eastern conference player of the month for April!

"It"
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Well deserved. He's been great lately.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Good for him.

Now show up in the playoffs.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X