No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

has he been reading these boards?

Comment

• Demar needs to he moved.

Poor shooter, low iq, has been shown many times that he looks to himself first, rarely passes unless it is forced, no a good defender.

Not a guy you need.

Comment

He's Nick Young with a better attitude, and worse shot :|

Comment

after all these summers of "hard work" Derozan is still inefficient one dimensional player.
            I agree with him being inefficient, but to say he's one-dimensional simply isn't true

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              He's Nick Young with a better attitude, and worse shot :|
              Very apt description

DD can have a great career of he transitioned to a bench wing who is the primary ball handler. That wont happen in TO. A change is needed

Comment

• I think DD should spend his work ethic on improving things like his defense, spotting up from 3, just stuff that makes you a better TEAM player.

He's gotten better at his passing and rebounding, I'll give him that. But so many of the things he's added on are focused on him having the ball or being a focal point on offense (his post up game, those off-balance long 2 jumpshots, his handles). We've seen how good he can be when he doesn't force things. I'd rather have him be a good TEAM guy than try to be THE guy.
                OG is our king

Comment

DeMar is a great guy and great work ethic - can we make the clarification that even if his mentality isn't selfish, his game is? That's what throws everybody off - his solid attitude. His apparently low bball IQ though, is allowing him to play a very selfish game that doesn't seem to help his team win. I really noticed this down the stretch this year, when DeMar had so many good games that the team lost and none of his teammates seemed to benefit from. Who gets a bunch of open jumpers and goes off when DeMar's having a great game? Nobody.

I appreciate everything DeMar has put into his game and this city, but he's a very low ceiling guy who's production is of questionable value to the team. I'd love to see if a new coach can help DeMar take his game to the next level and become a more efficient player, but I'm worried that with 1 season to go before UFA there just isn't enough time. Honestly the best time to trade him is probably this summer.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    DeMar is a great guy and great work ethic - can we make the clarification that even if his mentality isn't selfish, his game is? That's what throws everybody off - his solid attitude. His apparently low bball IQ though, is allowing him to play a very selfish game that doesn't seem to help his team win. I really noticed this down the stretch this year, when DeMar had so many good games that the team lost and none of his teammates seemed to benefit from. Who gets a bunch of open jumpers and goes off when DeMar's having a great game? Nobody.

I appreciate everything DeMar has put into his game and this city, but he's a very low ceiling guy who's production is of questionable value to the team. I'd love to see if a new coach can help DeMar take his game to the next level and become a more efficient player, but I'm worried that with 1 season to go before UFA there just isn't enough time. Honestly the best time to trade him is probably this summer.
                    I think that's a great point that people do miss on. He styled his game after one of the most selfish players in NBA history (but even Kobe eventually learned to pass) so while DD says all the right things, his predisposition for Kobe-esque play is doomed. Kobe was able to pull it off because...well he's Kobe. DD ain't Kobe.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      I think that's a great point that people do miss on. He styled his game after one of the most selfish players in NBA history (but even Kobe eventually learned to pass) so while DD says all the right things, his predisposition for Kobe-esque play is doomed. Kobe was able to pull it off because...well he's Kobe. DD ain't Kobe.
                      The biggest problem (one of them anyway) for the Raptors this season is that when they were in tough, both DeRozan and Lowry thought that the best way to lead the team was by trying to win the game all by themselves, which only made things worse. As much as I've been on DeRozan over the years, at least part of that is on the coach for instilling that attitude/approach in them both.

If not for the opt-out clause, I'd be inclined to see how DeRozan could perform under another coach who demanded the team-oriented 'good' DeRozan game in, game out. However, with that opt-out looming, I can't help but lean towards 'cash him in' this offseason (and I'm definitely onboard the #TradeLowry train).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        The biggest problem (one of them anyway) for the Raptors this season is that when they were in tough, both DeRozan and Lowry thought that the best way to lead the team was by trying to win the game all by themselves, which only made things worse. As much as I've been on DeRozan over the years, at least part of that is on the coach for instilling that attitude/approach in them both.

If not for the opt-out clause, I'd be inclined to see how DeRozan could perform under another coach who demanded the team-oriented 'good' DeRozan game in, game out. However, with that opt-out looming, I can't help but lean towards 'cash him in' this offseason (and I'm definitely onboard the #TradeLowry train).
                        I remember them during last year's playoffs making comments about winning being their responsibility (they were on Inside the NBA) and it made me uncomfortable then - the team had had a breakout year because of great team play, but now it was time for a one-time all-star and a non-all-star to take over and win a series for the rest of the guys? That's not how it works.

Definitely this is how everything devolved so quickly - not only did DD and KL think the solution to any tough stretches was for them to shoot more, so did Casey. And GV and LW.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The epitaph for the 2014-15 season: #ProveEm

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            The epitaph for the 2014-15 season: #ProveEm
                            #WeTheSwept
                            #DidntProveShit
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I was watching the Boston-Cleveland game yesterday and they had Stevens in the huddle say something like, "everyone is looking inward right now. If things aren't going well for you, then try to make them go well for someone else. Help put someone else in a good place." Or something like that.

There was far too little of that sentiment in Toronto this year.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I was watching the Boston-Cleveland game yesterday and they had Stevens in the huddle say something like, "everyone is looking inward right now. If things aren't going well for you, then try to make them go well for someone else. Help put someone else in a good place." Or something like that.

There was far too little of that sentiment in Toronto this year.
                                Impossible to not watch what Stevens does and be in awe compared to what our sideline has been like.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X