Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I was watching the Boston-Cleveland game yesterday and they had Stevens in the huddle say something like, "everyone is looking inward right now. If things aren't going well for you, then try to make them go well for someone else. Help put someone else in a good place." Or something like that.

There was far too little of that sentiment in Toronto this year.
    You just blew Casey's mind.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      The biggest problem (one of them anyway) for the Raptors this season is that when they were in tough, both DeRozan and Lowry thought that the best way to lead the team was by trying to win the game all by themselves, which only made things worse. As much as I've been on DeRozan over the years, at least part of that is on the coach for instilling that attitude/approach in them both.

If not for the opt-out clause, I'd be inclined to see how DeRozan could perform under another coach who demanded the team-oriented 'good' DeRozan game in, game out. However, with that opt-out looming, I can't help but lean towards 'cash him in' this offseason (and I'm definitely onboard the #TradeLowry train).
      The bold: unfortunately the league is flush with good PGs and Lowry's age maybe an issue.....but most of all he shall have the Rondo tags this summer...."does he still have it", "can he lead a good team for an entire season", "wtf happened to him/should we take a chance". His contract maybe the only positive. Either way the team needs to start grooming the PG of the future.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        The bold: unfortunately the league is flush with good PGs and Lowry's age maybe an issue.....but most of all he shall have the Rondo tags this summer...."does he still have it", "can he lead a good team for an entire season", "wtf happened to him/should we take a chance". His contract maybe the only positive. Either way the team needs to start grooming the PG of the future.
        Speaking of Rondo, Dallas sounds like a team that would be interested in Lowry's services.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Speaking of Rondo, Dallas sounds like a team that would be interested in Lowry's services.
          Honestly don't know if they have the assets to pull it off. Unless we get really complicated and involve Rondo S&T to a 3rd team.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Why trade our best player in the Playoffs?

20.1 points 6.3 rebounds 5.8 Assist 1.5 steals 40.0 FG 37.5 3FG

DD wasn't the problem this series. The problem was that he got no help. I was surprise he averages 6 assist since no one else could make a shot.

Career playoffs numbers(11 games)

22.5 points 4.9 rebounds 4.4 Assist 39.1 FG 34.6 3FG
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 10:48 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Why trade our best player in the Playoffs?

20.1 points 6.3 rebounds 5.8 Assist 1.5 steals 40.0 FG 37.5 3FG

DD wasn't the problem this series. The problem was that he got no help. I was surprise he averages 6 assist since no one else could make a shot.
              Saying that he was the best player on a team that got swept in the first round to a team that looked to be in much worse shape than the Rpas entering the playoffs isn't really saying much... Also I see his good playoff stats as more of a reason to trade him, because his trade value could be at an all time high.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Saying that he was the best player on a team that got swept in the first round to a team that looked to be in much worse shape than the Rpas entering the playoffs isn't really saying much... Also I see his good playoff stats as more of a reason to trade him, because his trade value could be at an all time high.
                Wizards game plan was to get the ball out of Lowry/DD/Lou hands and let everybody else beat us.

You want to trade the only player that could actually contribute in the playoffs? All our bigs were left in one on one situations and couldn't do anything against the Wizards frontcourt. Masai needs to get a big that can command attention on the low block and actually get us easy baskets. We don't have that abd Wiz took full advantage.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• good points.

Comment

Wizards game plan was to get the ball out of Lowry/DD/Lou hands and let everybody else beat us.

You want to trade the only player that could actually contribute in the playoffs? All our bigs were left in one on one situations and couldn't do anything against the Wizards frontcourt. Masai needs to get a big that can command attention on the low block and actually get us easy baskets. We don't have that abd Wiz took full advantage.
                    First off, DD averaged 20 pts on 20 shots. Not even factoring in the number of free throws he took or the number of turnovers he had. Second, he shot 40 percent in the playoffs, about the same as he shot in the regular season. JV shot 50 % in the playoffs, which was worse than he shot in the regular season (57%). I would guess that the Wiz didn't worry about JV because they knew that DD would force it all day long.

If you are supposed to be the best player on a 49 win team you should at least win one game for your team (When you are playing a BAD team no less), especially when the offense runs through you.

Comment

• If the lack of attention that the Wiz showed our bigs doesn't show how badly our frontcourt needs and upgrade than I don't know what else say.

DD had to take 20 shots cause no one else was stepping up. Its not all about JV not of our bigs were good this series. I just don't get the point of trading our only productive player in the postseason. Instead of adding another player that can contribute in the postseason.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If the lack of attention that the Wiz showed our bigs doesn't show how badly our frontcourt needs and upgrade than I don't know what else say.

DD had to take 20 shots cause no one else was stepping up. Its not all about JV not of our bigs were good this series. I just don't get the point of trading our only productive player in the postseason. Instead of adding another player that can contribute in the postseason.
                        14 points in the deciding game.

To me, this speaks volumes.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          14 points in the deciding game.

To me, this speaks volumes.
                          It was a blowout? The whole team already gave up by halftime.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It was a blowout? The whole team already gave up by halftime.
                            Quitters should be traded
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Quitters should be traded
                              Pretty sure everybody on the roster is a quitter. So now what?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Pretty sure everybody on the roster is a quitter. So now what?
                                Trade them all
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X