Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    What accomplishment?? lol. Receiving THREE ALL NBA votes is no accomplishment.

Lowry btw got 1 vote. Why aren't we talking about this "accomplishment?"
    Its an accomplishment when your a sorry franchise like the Raptors. Just means the organization is headed in the right directions. Finally having players that our actually well respected around the league.

Didn't know about Lowry getting votes. Interesting that he got less than DD though.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      What accomplishment?? lol. Receiving THREE ALL NBA votes is no accomplishment.

Like i said, why this is even in the news is beyond me.

Lowry btw got 1 vote. Why aren't we talking about this "accomplishment?"
      I think if JV got 3 votes instead of Deamr your and everyone else is reaction would be a bit different
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        I think if JV got 3 votes instead of Deamr your and everyone else is reaction would be a bit different
        Nope

3 votes are meaningless
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Nope

3 votes are meaningless
          It'd be different just because of JVs age.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

This.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Three votes for a third year player is much different than three votes for a sixth year player.

If Demar'd got three votes in his third year, I'd be very very happy.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

It would also depend on context.

There's a big difference between saying "Jonas got 3 votes" and "Jonas got more votes than Dirk and Wade"

The first is simply counting votes, while the latter implies Jonas is better than said players.

Comment

• Whose making it a big deal? All I did is share the news on here. First reactions all hate. Like I said this kid cant win on here.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Whose making it a big deal? All I did is share the news on here. First reactions all hate. Like I said this kid cant win on here.
                    Can't win cause he's never won. No accolades without results - nor should there be.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Can't win cause he's never won. No accolades without results - nor should there be.
                      Buddy do you know how hard it is to win in the NBA? I'm pretty sure his done more winning than any other raptors put in his position. 97 wins last 2 years.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Buddy do you know how hard it is to win in the NBA? I'm pretty sure his done more winning than any other raptors put in his position. 97 wins last 2 years.
                        You keep talking about DD like all the wins are because of him

The Toronto RAPTORS won 97 games in the last 2 years not DD. DD was a contributor just like Lowry, JV, Amir, Pat etc
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No wins in the playoffs this year, though. Means just as much as the 97, imo.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            You keep talking about DD like all the wins are because of him

The Toronto RAPTORS won 97 games in the last 2 years not DD. DD was a contributor just like Lowry, JV, Amir, Pat etc
                            Very valid point. It is a team game. I'll put it like this no other raptor put in a leading role has contributed to this much winning.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Very valid point. It is a team game. I'll put it like this no other raptor put in a leading role has contributed to this much winning.
                              Well, Lowry leads the team by far over the last 2 years in Win shares. So, clearly at least Lowry contributes more to winning, as that definitely aligns with the eye test as well. DeMar was 2nd last year, and 7th(!!) this year. And while the injury impacted his WS total this year, it's very unlikely he would've been much higher on the team given his WS/48 plummeted this year (last year at .141, this year down to .090).

Also, Vince Carter was in an even more obvious 'leading role', and has put up the two highest WS totals of any player ever on the Raptors.

So Kyle Lowry has very obviously contributed more to winning in this incarnation of the team. And Vince Carter easily has had the biggest impact on wins for any single Raptor ever.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Well, Lowry leads the team by far over the last 2 years in Win shares. So, clearly at least Lowry contributes more to winning, as that definitely aligns with the eye test as well. DeMar was 2nd last year, and 7th(!!) this year. And while the injury impacted his WS total this year, it's very unlikely he would've been much higher on the team given his WS/48 plummeted this year (last year at .141, this year down to .090).

Also, Vince Carter was in an even more obvious 'leading role', and has put up the two highest WS totals of any player ever on the Raptors.

So Kyle Lowry has very obviously contributed more to winning in this incarnation of the team. And Vince Carter easily has had the biggest impact on wins for any single Raptor ever.
                                I'd have to think Bosh is pretty high as well.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X