Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
    You're assuming the offers for both will be the same quality. I don't have any doubt that Lowry is a better player than DeRozan at present. But I think most other teams also know that Lowry is a better player than DeRozan, and depending on need for point guards compared to shooting guards will offer accordingly.

The issue is that I am convinced that DeRozan will not be a worse player than what we've seen the last couple of years. I believe 2014/15 DeRozan is the floor for him. I have no such certainty with Lowry, especially with how badly the last half of the year went. So if both players are being offered exactly what their value should be per what they've produced the last couple of years, I take the Lowry offer and keep DeRozan.
    I'd rather have what Lowry's produced for the last two years at $12m/yr than what DeMar's produced at $20m/yr. Realize that's still a big "if", but what are the chances DeMar asks for less under the new cap?
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Winning player of the month isn't All-NBA worthy? An award that's only given to 6 players from each conference. People forget DD was playing like the best 2 guard in the east for about a 2 month stretch to close out the season.
      It was April and 11 games.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• One needs to ask this question?

Who is more easily replaceable, and/or ehose production can be replaced.

There are players availible right niw that given minutes, usage and plays woukd easliy produce what demar brings either on their own or with a little "sharing of the opportunity".

I cannot say the same with lowry.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
          One needs to ask this question?

There are players availible right niw that given minutes, usage and plays woukd easliy produce what demar brings either on their own or with a little "sharing of the opportunity".

But....he loves Toronto.

#ProveEm

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
            One needs to ask this question?

I don't think you're trying to replace like for like though. That would result in only the most incremental of improvements. The way this team plays need to be restructured, and to do that we require different types of players from what we have, even if from a pure numbers standpoint the team looks similar.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              It was April and 11 games.
              Heh, it was Lowry who was "the best PG in the East" for a couple of months early in the season and also won the player of the month award (December). Difference between Lowry and DD is when Lowry did that (and DeMar wasn't playing that well at the time), the Raptors were winning 2/3 of their games. When DeMar had his nice stretch (and Lowry wasn't playing well), the Raptors were .500. I could be accused of cherry picking if career W/S numbers didn't back up the observation.

Again, nice guy, DeMar DeRozan. I don't "hate" him. The team just needs to get better.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                I don't think you're trying to replace like for like though. That would result in only the most incremental of improvements. The way this team plays need to be restructured, and to do that we require different types of players from what we have, even if from a pure numbers standpoint the team looks similar.
                I agree fully, i posted that as a counterpoint to somes refusal of moving demar

Comment

• Neither of these guys should be traded. Everyone else should be on the trade block.
                  This backcourt is dynamic when healthy. When healthy these two our All-Star no doubt about it. People keep saying it's not easy to add talent around them. Well isn't that why we got one the best GM's in the league? Time for him to finally earn his paycheck.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 22, 2015, 11:15 AM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Neither of these guys should be traded. Everyone else should be on the trade block.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Or

Comment

• If you look at the splits by month for every player on the roster there is no player that played as well as they did in Nov/Dec. Not a single one. At a glance it looks like half the team had a good January, half played poorly. Then everyone stunk in Feb March. They all picked it back up for those 7 games in April though - woohoo! (sarcasm).

I know DD and KL are the best players and "leaders" but whatever happened it caused them all to get into a funk. I guess their play in Nov/Dec wasn't truly sustainable for a whole season but the numbers fell off a cliff.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Neither of these guys should be traded. Everyone else should be on the trade block.
                          This backcourt is dynamic when healthy. When healthy these two our All-Star no doubt about it. People keep saying it's not easy to add talent around them. Well isn't that why we got one the best GM's in the league? Time for him to finally earn his paycheck.
                          Maybe. For me it would depend on how much cap space they tie up and whether or not they can develop a more complimentary style of play. That was the great hope with a prospective coaching change. I think with Casey coming back, a lot of people are falling back on the need to change core players.

Best case scenario was for a new coach and new complimentary role players to help build towards a starless Atlanta-type system. Honestly, who knows what Masai is planning for the next 2 years now.

Comment

Winning player of the month isn't All-NBA worthy? An award that's only given to 6 players from each conference. People forget DD was playing like the best 2 guard in the east for about a 2 month stretch to close out the season.
                            No one forgot. But that stretch was less than a third of the season, and the team was not playing that well. That's not All-NBA worhty, especially since his POM award was, as people have pointed out, for 11 games. 11 games!!!

For the months before that? He might have been playing like the worst starting SG in the entire league (in terms of regular starters).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              No one forgot. But that stretch was less than a third of the season, and the team was not playing that well. That's not All-NBA worhty, especially since his POM award was, as people have pointed out, for 11 games. 11 games!!!

For the months before that? He might have been playing like the worst starting SG in the entire league (in terms of regular starters).
                              So were not going to acknowledge the fact he missed 21 games and was getting back into form?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So were not going to acknowledge the fact he missed 21 games and was getting back into form?
                                Fucking bullshit excuse. They took a super cautious approach with him. He was practicing in full practices for like almost 2 weeks before coming back. And then it took him...2 more months to find his form? Come on man. Groin tears are fairly serious, but still, he was playing terribly, and he was playing the EXACT SAME KIND OF TERRIBLE before the injury. So no, we're not going to give him a convenient scapegoat excuse. Guys play banged up and do well. This is the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X