Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Neither of these guys should be traded. Everyone else should be on the trade block.
    This backcourt is dynamic when healthy. When healthy these two our All-Star no doubt about it. People keep saying it's not easy to add talent around them. Well isn't that why we got one the best GM's in the league? Time for him to finally earn his paycheck.
    I'm not a big fan of DD's game, but I agree that neither he or Lowry is likely to be traded. They aren't great players, but in comparison to what we can get in a trade they are at the top. I'm pretty sure we aren't blowing up this roster this summer so I don't expect either of these guys to go anywhere. The rest of the roster I'm not so sure about, and that includes JV. Watching Golden State take out Memphis, and now Houston is reinforcing the idea that traditional bigs are becoming more and more obsolete in the NBA. They got Draymond Green guarding guys like Gasol and and Howard for Christ's sake and those teams are getting killed by the pace GS is putting on them. Fukin' small ball, man.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      I'm not a big fan of DD's game, but I agree that neither he or Lowry is likely to be traded. They aren't great players, but in comparison to what we can get in a trade they are at the top. I'm pretty sure we aren't blowing up this roster this summer so I don't expect either of these guys to go anywhere. The rest of the roster I'm not so sure about, and that includes JV. Watching Golden State take out Memphis, and now Houston is reinforcing the idea that traditional bigs are becoming more and more obsolete in the NBA. They got Draymond Green guarding guys like Gasol and and Howard for Christ's sake and those teams are getting killed by the pace GS is putting on them. Fukin' small ball, man.
      Its a new age of NBA basketball. All four teams left playing all play a huge amount of small ball. Known of those teams play through their bigs anyways.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• And they all shoot a ton of threes…

(Which is KIND OF A HUGE PROBLEM for a team featuring someone who'll remain unnamed.)
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Fri May 22, 2015, 12:10 PM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• LOL, going outside in, is the new, going inside out.

How long before we tie this back to the Casey thread?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            GS is a very unique case. When you have probably the two best 3pt shooters in the game, and maybe the top defensive SF/PF, it really makes it a lot easier to pull it off. And even they are often at their best with Bogut on the court.

Atlanta has really struggled with size at C and establishing their pace. They don't play "small" that much as they often have 2 bigs on the court, but their starting C is just undersized. And while Horford is really a great player, Atlanta is struggling with interior play.

SAS, the template for hte ball-movement, 3pt shooting offence, actually also plays big most of the time.

So to me, if you want to play that faster game, the problem isn't at C. You can play a true C and still manage that game no problem. You just need great perimeter players who excel particularly in shooting and passing. We have neither of those things.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Fucking bullshit excuse. They took a super cautious approach with him. He was practicing in full practices for like almost 2 weeks before coming back. And then it took him...2 more months to find his form? Come on man. Groin tears are fairly serious, but still, he was playing terribly, and he was playing the EXACT SAME KIND OF TERRIBLE before the injury. So no, we're not going to give him a convenient scapegoat excuse. Guys play banged up and do well. This is the NBA.
              How is that an excuse? He had no lift when he first got back. The guy was doing layup on fast breaks by himself. Everybody deals with injuries differently. Especially if you've never been hurt before.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How is that an excuse? He had no lift when he first got back. The guy was doing layup on fast breaks by himself. Everybody deals with injuries differently. Especially if you've never been hurt before.
                Bullshit excuse. I've played with no lift before. I'm a lot shorter and less athletic than him and I wasn't blowing layups. Nevermind the fact that the vast majority of the game is played on the ground, not in the air. So his lack of lift was the reason for his poor all around play? If it was so bad why was he cleared to play?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  And they all shoot a ton of threes…

(Which is KIND OF A HUGE PROBLEM for a team featuring someone who'll remain unnamed.)
                  Raptors were the only team to have 5 players(Lowry, Lou, 2Pat, Ross, GV) make 100 3s
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors were the only team to have 5 players(Lowry, Lou, 2Pat, Ross, GV) make 100 3s
                    They made a lot of 3s but attempted too many

I think we should take more 3s
                    OG is our king

Comment

So what, when demar is in peak physocal condition he is an averagely skilled wing player whose producing is easily replaceable by putting many other players with an even silar skillset into the position we put demar.

Demar at his absolute best is mostly a by-product of the system

Comment

So were not going to acknowledge the fact he missed 21 games and was getting back into form?
                        To be absolutely fair, his numbers were pretty identical (across the board) to the numbers he had pre-injury. I think the only real difference (going off memory) was that his FTA went down so to say that it was him getting back into form (and considering how much more he was eased back compared to others), just wouldn't be right.

It'd be much closer to truth to just say he played better to end the season.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I never see Bogut close out games. Never see Mozgov close out games.
                          Horford has been a 4 playing center.

The only true Center playing full game is Dwight. That's cause his a defensive nightmare. Offensive first Center our a dying breed.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Part of the issue is there arent many offensively gifted centers in the league anymore.

But anthony davis does pretty good. Timmy d closes out games in sas, chandler closes games, jefferson, there are certainly more

Comment

• Bogut was playing crunch time last night - he was only being subbed out because they were going to hack him… (Imagine having a centre who could shoot free throws well!)
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                GS is a very unique case. When you have probably the two best 3pt shooters in the game, and maybe the top defensive SF/PF, it really makes it a lot easier to pull it off. And even they are often at their best with Bogut on the court.

Atlanta has really struggled with size at C and establishing their pace. They don't play "small" that much as they often have 2 bigs on the court, but their starting C is just undersized. And while Horford is really a great player, Atlanta is struggling with interior play.

SAS, the template for hte ball-movement, 3pt shooting offence, actually also plays big most of the time.

So to me, if you want to play that faster game, the problem isn't at C. You can play a true C and still manage that game no problem. You just need great perimeter players who excel particularly in shooting and passing. We have neither of those things.
                                When I refer to JV as a traditional big, I'm not referring his size, I'm referring to his game. Slow, post 'em up, back to the rim type player. That is what's becoming obsolete, not that he is a 7 footer. If JV ran like a gazelle, hit jumpers, could guard on the perimeter and get back to defend the rim using athletecism and quickness he would be one of the most sought after players in the league, or in other words Anthony Davis.

Not to say there isn't a place for traditional bigs on good teams, but the formula for winning in the playoffs seems to be drifting towards small ball, and high pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X