Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear wrote: View Post
    Do trade away our top bigman in hopes of adding a wing who can shoot threes....brilliant...
    To pair with our wing who can't shoot threes.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I think a package of JV/Ross/GV could fetch a pretty good player. Than again it's not my job. I'll let Masai do his job.
      That's such a cop out. So you'll sit here and criticize anyone who tries to suggest trading DD in an attempt to improve our team but when asked for your own idea "that's Masai's job". Well by that same token, since it's Masai's job and you're not into that thing, you aren't exactly in a position to criticize anyone else's ideas then.

Bush league.

#ProveEm

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Anyone who is arguing to keep Demar around, do you think he is worth $20M per year? That's what it will cost to keep him beyond this season. So many of you are clearly ignoring this fact. It's why the impetus to trade him this offseason is so strong, because if we don't we're either going to lose him for nothing, or pay him $20M per year.
        20 million for the guy when the cap jumps isn't that bad. More than 20 million for him with the cap jump is too much.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
          Do trade away our top bigman in hopes of adding a wing who can shoot threes....brilliant...
          The massive, massive problem with having a shooting guard who can't shoot threes is that you're in a constant state of trying bend and contort your roster to compensate for this. And always on your wish list is a stretch 4 - the rarest player in basketball. If I'm a GM, instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, I'm simplifying - and this means having a shooting guard who can shoot.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            1. The game is going 3 point oriented, not small ball oriented. There is a big difference, and one that separates the coaches like Steve Kerr and Dwane Casey. Current NBA small ball means lots of ball movement and lots of shooters. Raps employed neither last year.

2. I would say that a big reason they hit 100 threes is because they took a boat load of threes. They weren't hitting them at a very good %, which would normally be the positive impact seen by playing next to a "star" player. Based on the numbers, DD and KL didn't really seem to benefit GV, Lou, TR and PPatt in that regard. We hit a lot cause we took a ton. We missed a lot cause they weren't always open looks.

3. You have consistently said, add talent around these guys, yet despite multiple posters requesting a specific idea of how to get that next level talent, without trading DD and KL, you have yet to provide a logical response.
            I agree. If anything, I've been surprised/noticing how critical bigs are to the 2nd round+ teams in the playoffs. Bigs are a core part of every team and their game plans.

It's not a trend towards small ball as much as it is a trend towards adjusting your systems to maximize your most talented players. There's no more trotting out a 7 foot stiff for extended minutes just because he's tall and it's basketball and you're supposed to play tall people at the C. If a team doesn't have enough talent in their bigs, they adjust their approach and give those minutes to a more talented player.

Three point shooting has taken away more mid-range shots than paint scoring, so I'm not so sure that makes a traditional C a dinosaur as much as it makes DeMar DeRozan a dinosaur. The final four teams in the playoffs were all top 5 in made 3's this year. The fifth team was the Clippers. Andrew Bogut, Deandre Jordan, Dwight Howard, Al Horford, Paul Millsap, Blake Griffin, Timofey Mozgov...
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

That's such a cop out. So you'll sit here and criticize anyone who tries to suggest trading DD in an attempt to improve our team but when asked for your own idea "that's Masai's job". Well by that same token, since it's Masai's job and you're not into that thing, you aren't exactly in a position to criticize anyone else's ideas then.

Bush league.

#ProveEm
              Buddy I'm not a GM. I'm not going to pretend like I know as much as Masai or have the resources he has to his disposal. I think its just foolish to make up trades that probably wont happen. Tell me have you ever been right about a trade you made up?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I have.

Was the hedo trade from uears ago.

But point of doing it is too spur discussions and look at things differently.

Its easier to imagine player x as you shooting guard than player y but player y can now do this.

Comment

Buddy I'm not a GM. I'm not going to pretend like I know as much as Masai or have the resources he has to his disposal. I think its just foolish to make up trades that probably wont happen. Tell me have you ever been right about a trade you made up?
                  As I've said elsewhere, if you think playing pretend GM is foolish, then this whole forum is foolish. Why discuss who were gonna draft, you're not a GM. Why discuss who should start, and what the lineups should be, you're not a coach. Why discuss a players handles or ability to shoot or post game, you're not a player. It boggles my kind when someone who posts so often says stuff like this. If you don't wanna see people prognosticating on what should happen with the team, then you should avoid the forums, cause that's all we do here.

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, if you think playing pretend GM is foolish, then this whole forum is foolish. Why discuss who were gonna draft, you're not a GM. Why discuss who should start, and what the lineups should be, you're not a coach. Why discuss a players handles or ability to shoot or post game, you're not a player. It boggles my kind when someone who posts so often says stuff like this. If you don't wanna see people prognosticating on what should happen with the team, then you should avoid the forums, cause that's all we do here.
                    I don't have a problem with seeing people play GM. I just don't do it myself. The draft is a bit different. There is much less uncertainty. We know where picking. We know the range of players that will be there.

With trade there's contracts, picks even coaches our involved at times. There's just too much uncertainty. I just rather not waste my time thinking of trades that will not happen.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't have a problem with seeing people play GM. I just don't do it myself. The draft is a bit different. There is much less uncertainty. We know where picking. We know the range of players that will be there.

With trade there's contracts, picks even coaches our involved at times. There's just too much uncertainty. I just rather not waste my time thinking of trades that will not happen.
                      I find the draft a lot harder to predict. At pick 20, we have no clue who will still be available, and there is not even close to a consensus on who will be good or terrible. Just scan the comments and one person loves a guy, another person thinks that player sucks. Not to mention how many sure fire good players end up being huge busts. We know the rosters and salaries, and what the cap is, so it's pretty easy to predict who are viable trade partners for certain players, and it's usually a pretty short list, way shorter then the who will we take at 20 list. I've never even seen or heard of the majority of the guys people are talking about.

Comment

I find the draft a lot harder to predict. At pick 20, we have no clue who will still be available, and there is not even close to a consensus on who will be good or terrible. Just scan the comments and one person loves a guy, another person thinks that player sucks. Not to mention how many sure fire good players end up being huge busts. We know the rosters and salaries, and what the cap is, so it's pretty easy to predict who are viable trade partners for certain players, and it's usually a pretty short list, way shorter then the who will we take at 20 list. I've never even seen or heard of the majority of the guys people are talking about.
                        I disagree. I didn't even mention 3 team trade, money, protected picks etc. To each his own.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No, you'd just rather criticize every trade idea that anyone posts for boy Derozan.

If your not willing to offer your own ideas, you should stop posting about everyone else's.

Comment

No, you'd just rather criticize every trade idea that anyone posts for boy Derozan.

If your not willing to offer your own ideas, you should stop posting about everyone else's.
                            Lol.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• things that make me randomly mad:

losers like iman shumpert have gone further in the playoffs than demar ever has.

Comment

I would say that my trade proposals are more realistic than your views on Demar.

#ProveEm

#TradeEm

Comment

Working...
                                X