Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has iggy been awesome in gs?

Iggy plays a similar game but has adapted in a similar way that demar would need to.

But iggys best additions to tue team is his shooting and defense. Which is far better than whayvdemar could offer.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Eh, DeRozan at his very most efficient, playing in Triano's offence, managed an average TS% when a big chunk of his attempts were at the rim or completely wide open. Average. He'll never get as open as he was that year again. And there's no way he sees himself as a 4th or 5th option on offence, the only scenarios where I can see him posting similar average efficiency numbers. That ship has sailed, and even if it hadn't, not much point building around a 4th or 5th option.

Meanwhile, yes there are a couple years where his efficiency follows with his usage - but just as many where it doesn't - his usage barely changed from last year to this one, and yet his efficiency plummeted. Same goes for his 2nd to 3rd years. Meanwhile, the same subtle increase and an even bigger increase in usage from his 3rd through his 5th years saw increases in his efficiency.

No correlation, except perhaps at the extreme, but it's been a half decade since we experienced that extreme, so who even knows if that holds anymore?
      Why would he be 4th and 5th option?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Very well said! Every time DD gets a chance to play with legit talent his game gets better. That why I want to get a player like DMC out Sac-town. A big that can actually draw defensive attention.
        Like the allstar game?

Lol.

Dmc and demar would he a terrible duo, demar would look off dmc and would crowd his space on the court

Comment

That's my point. He plays better when he has better talent around him.
          Not entirely sure the stats back that up. His scoring remained the same (in terms of PPG and FG%) but his RPG and APG went up once Gay was gone.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Demar didn't get us to the playoffs, Kyle Lowry did. Demar played with a perfectly capable PG before Lowry in Calderon and we freaking sucked. Demar doesn't deserve the credit for turning around the Raptors, Lowry does.
            We all want to forget Andrea Bargnani but your bias against Demar is now turning to hater status. Demar had to play second fiddle to Andrea Bargnani... Take that in. Let it permeate through your brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              We all want to forget Andrea Bargnani but your bias against Demar is now turning to hater status. Demar had to play second fiddle to Andrea Bargnani... Take that in. Let it permeate through your brain.

Is that an official status?

Do I qualify?

Is there a membership card?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Not entirely sure the stats back that up. His scoring remained the same (in terms of PPG and FG%) but his RPG and APG went up once Gay was gone.
                He shot .389 from 3 on 4 shots from a game.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What?! No, he didn't. He shot 34% from deep with Rudy and 30.5% after the trade. Where is this 38.9% coming from?

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                    Like the allstar game?

Lol.

Dmc and demar would he a terrible duo, demar would look off dmc and would crowd his space on the court
                    That's not true. DMC is proven offensive force. He would not look off DMC. Dd is not an selfish player. There just aren't many other options on this current team.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

To be fair that was probably just a hot streak.

However, I think DeRozan could hit 33-35% from 3 on three or four attempts per game on an actually good team that runs a smart offense.

Comment

That's not true. DMC is proven offensive force. He would not look off DMC. Dd is not an selfish player. There just aren't many other options on this current team.
                        I don't think that's the perception around the league. Remember Golden State's whiteboard?
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Is that an official status?

Do I qualify?

Is there a membership card?
                          Dude you've been getting promotions for years.... You're the assistant manager of *Demar hating* hospitality. You started as the toilet cleaner... I mean maid

Last edited by special1; Thu May 28, 2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• I don't where you get you stats but the game log shows he .384 from 3 in November 13'. In December only 3 games were played with Rudy(DEN, GS, PHX). In those 3 games he went 3-10. Than Rudy was traded.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../demar-derozan
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't where you get you stats but the game log shows he .384 from 3 in November 13'. In December only 3 games were played with Rudy(DEN, GS, PHX). In those 3 games he went 3-10. Than Rudy was traded.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../demar-derozan
                              Well you should know since I said where right in the post that you quoted as "proof" for your theory even though the stats show the opposite.

Perhaps a mathematical error was made but since I'm on my phone I can't verify or read your link (ESPN sucks FYI).

But regardless, his RPG and APG had significant improvement after Rudy was gone, while his PPG and FG% didn't really change. So explain how that is "proof" that he plays better with better talent?

Comment

It has been shown how effective jv is offensively and demar consistantly looks him off.

In fact demar is very very much a my turn your turn player. Go back and watch game tape,

Demar shot
                                Then lowry shot
                                Then demar shot
                                Then shot from ross/whoever
                                Then demar with next two shots
                                Then lowrys turn

Rinse repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X