No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and Vasquez's contract amount is fine.

I believe I was thinking like $5M last season over 3-4 years.

However the trade off for a short 2 year deal and an extra $1.5M per year was fair.

Vasquez shit the bed this year but I put that more on what he was asked to do and the ISO heavy style of play pushed and promoted by Casey.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      But but.... Aren't we going to get a top 10 pick for this guy???

Both Axel and OLdSkool.... Interesting fellows I tell ya!

Bold1 - Using their own words.....Demar is apparently an Inefficient bench chucker who will get us a lottery pick. LOL. I can't wrap my head around you two. I finally realized what it is..... Deep down inside you guys think he's a good player. You just hate him. Bold2 - Explain why you think Teams will give us lottery pick(s) and or/ very good players for a 6-8 mil bench player that they can just pick up in free agency (LOU WILL).

Bold 3 - Who can take you two seriously?? He's a bench player (your words) but let's trade him before he walks. Why? Who cares if an inefficient bench player walks? Oh right.... Asset management. Where were all these same people at the trade deadline and throughout the season demanding that we trade the same calibre bench player (Lou Will)?? Why is it okay that he leaves for nothing? DanH any ideas?

The question is.....Why do you guys treat him like an all star (value wise) in some of your posts and insinuate that he's an inefficient bench player in others? I guess whenever it suits your narrative. He's only a good player when it comes to bringing back lottery picks. But Would you guys give up a lottery pick for Lou Will?

Funny thing is you guys de-value your own assets for years! Playing Fantasy basketball..... Tell everyone your player sucks and then ask others for their lottery picks for said player. Lol.... Then expect a good return on top of that! It's hilarious.....

For new posters - I will distinguish the difference between the two. OLdSkool is off his rockers and thinks we're improved just by letting Demar go. Yet, if we won 3rd and 4th seeds with this guy.....How are we planning to stay in the lottery with a better player (Ross - pink font) taking his place? Axel flip flops back and forth (I'm guessing to piss of the Demar fans) but Bold 4 - he's smart enough to know that Demar does have more value than he gives him credit for. He searches deep for any advanced stat that will support the narrative and even goes as far as to minimize Demar's accomplishments. Great asset management type of guys these two are. Put it all on the Internet for the other GMs (pink font) to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Point by point to demonstrate why you're ridiculous.

Bold 1 & Bold 2 - Using my words? What words are those? In all of my trade proposals for Demar, none of them actually have a lotto pick come back in return (Noah Vonleh is my target return). You're inability to tell the difference between posters you disagree with (or dislike) makes your claims completely wrong, calling into question every assertion you make.

I've also never said he's a bench player. You are making incorrect assumptions. I defended OSK's opinion of Demar's salary, saying that $6M-$8M depends on whether you view him as a starter or a bench player. I didn't actually state that I agreed with OSK, just defended his rationale. If you actually paid attention to the people you wish to quote, you'd see that on the first page of the thread I said $12M is my limit for DD. If you can't keep track, that's perfectly fine but then don't try to try and quote me with your own bullshit.

Bold 3 - Who can take me seriously? Generally, it seems to be fans who are rooted in reality and appreciate the research I put into my claims. I don't go off on ridiculous rants mis-quoting people to try and build false arguments to counter. Instead, I try to support my claims with logic, and stats. If you can't take me seriously, it means you likely aren't based in reality and are just a fanatic (or lunatic).

Bold 4 - finally you said something accurate

So keep the personal attacks coming, I couldn't care less of your opinion of me. In my mind, you are forever the guy who tried to use Demar's dunk contest performance as proof that Demar could finish strong at the rim through contact; aka nobody worth listening to. Nothing you've said since has done anything to change that.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Trade him, Don't pay him shit
        +1

special1 wrote: View Post

Using their own words.....Demar is apparently an Inefficient bench chucker who will get us a lottery pick. LOL. I can't wrap my head around you two. I finally realized what it is..... Deep down inside you guys think he's a good player. You just hate him. Explain why you think Teams will give us lottery pick(s) and or/ very good players for a 6-8 mil bench player that they can just pick up in free agency (LOU WILL).

Who can take you two seriously?? He's a bench player (your words) but let's trade him before he walks. Why? Who cares if an inefficient bench player walks? Oh right.... Asset management. Where were all these same people at the trade deadline and throughout the season demanding that we trade the same calibre bench player (Lou Will)?? Why is it okay that he leaves for nothing? DanH any ideas?

The question is.....Why do you guys treat him like an all star (value wise) in some of your posts and insinuate that he's an inefficient bench player in others? I guess whenever it suits your narrative. He's only a good player when it comes to bringing back lottery picks. But Would you guys give up a lottery pick for Lou Will?

Funny thing is you guys de-value your own assets for years! Playing Fantasy basketball..... Tell everyone your player sucks and then ask others for their lottery picks for said player. Lol.... Then expect a good return on top of that! It's hilarious.....

For new posters - I will distinguish the difference between the two. OLdSkool is off his rockers and thinks we're improved just by letting Demar go. Yet, if we won 3rd and 4th seeds with this guy.....How are we planning to stay in the lottery with a better player (Ross - pink font) taking his place? Axel flip flops back and forth (I'm guessing to piss of the Demar fans) but he's smart enough to know that Demar does have more value than he gives him credit for. He searches deep for any advanced stat that will support the narrative and even goes as far as to minimize Demar's accomplishments. Great asset management type of guys these two are. Put it all on the Internet for the other GMs (pink font) to see.
        1: DeMar IS and inefficient chucker. I have no idea how much we can get for him but my thinking is that 8-12 range is a pretty good deal. His value is higher than his production, why can't you wrap your head around that?

2: Baseless speculation. I don't think DD is a good player and it has nothing to do with my personal feeling about the guy. I think he is a player who just doesn't fit in any starting lineup in the league because he can't defend and can't shoot threes. His handles are weak and his court vision is awful considering how much he has the ball in his hands. He constantly waives off teammates and yells at them when he makes a mistake on D. He is not a good player to build around.

3: I never liked Lou, he is a ball-stopping chucker. With the way the season was going, not changing anything was the plan, so why would we be clamoring for a trade mid season to somehow justify the argument we are having today?

4: I think we would be much better by letting DD go yes. Because he is a zero impact player. Actually while he was out of the lineup prior to Lowry getting run down we were winning without him. Now add in that we can get hopefully productful players coming back in a trade and trading DD is a 100% must.

Note: does your name special1 refer to DD? Or that you're "special" /ffs

Comment

Using their own words.....Demar is apparently an Inefficient bench chucker who will get us a lottery pick. LOL. I can't wrap my head around you two. I finally realized what it is..... Deep down inside you guys think he's a good player. You just hate him. Explain why you think Teams will give us lottery pick(s) and or/ very good players for a 6-8 mil bench player that they can just pick up in free agency (LOU WILL).

Who can take you two seriously?? He's a bench player (your words) but let's trade him before he walks. Why? Who cares if an inefficient bench player walks? Oh right.... Asset management. Where were all these same people at the trade deadline and throughout the season demanding that we trade the same calibre bench player (Lou Will)?? Why is it okay that he leaves for nothing? DanH any ideas?

For new posters - I will distinguish the difference between the two. OLdSkool is off his rockers and thinks we're improved just by letting Demar go. Yet, if we won 3rd and 4th seeds with this guy.....How are we planning to stay in the lottery with a better player (Ross - pink font) taking his place? Axel flip flops back and forth (I'm guessing to piss of the Demar fans) but he's smart enough to know that Demar does have more value than he gives him credit for. He searches deep for any advanced stat that will support the narrative and even goes as far as to minimize Demar's accomplishments. Great asset management type of guys these two are. Put it all on the Internet for the other GMs (pink font) to see.

We need more emoji here ... I wanted one with a slow hand clapping in admiration of the post.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Point by point to demonstrate why you're ridiculous.

Bold 1 & Bold 2 - Using my words? What words are those? In all of my trade proposals for Demar, none of them actually have a lotto pick come back in return (Noah Vonleh is my target return). You're inability to tell the difference between posters you disagree with (or dislike) makes your claims completely wrong, calling into question every assertion you make.

I've also never said he's a bench player. You are making incorrect assumptions. I defended OSK's opinion of Demar's salary, saying that $6M-$8M depends on whether you view him as a starter or a bench player. I didn't actually state that I agreed with OSK, just defended his rationale. If you actually paid attention to the people you wish to quote, you'd see that on the first page of the thread I said $12M is my limit for DD. If you can't keep track, that's perfectly fine but then don't try to try and quote me with your own bullshit.

Bold 3 - Who can take me seriously? Generally, it seems to be fans who are rooted in reality and appreciate the research I put into my claims. I don't go off on ridiculous rants mis-quoting people to try and build false arguments to counter. Instead, I try to support my claims with logic, and stats. If you can't take me seriously, it means you likely aren't based in reality and are just a fanatic (or lunatic).

Bold 4 - finally you said something accurate

So keep the personal attacks coming, I couldn't care less of your opinion of me. In my mind, you are forever the guy who tried to use Demar's dunk contest performance as proof that Demar could finish strong at the rim through contact; aka nobody worth listening to. Nothing you've said since has done anything to change that.
            LOL - I expected this.

My post wasn't for you Axel....At least not in the way you think. My post was for the other posters who wonder "why does this guy defend one stance about how terrible Demar is and says something else in another thread. Why does this guy think so poorly of Demar and then thinks Charlotte would give up all that for a one year rental." Feel free to answer that question. You know you said that Stephenson is a better player than Demar just last year.....So why would they do this for a one year rental and a lesser player who will just ask for the Max?? You don't seriously think he stays in Charlotte do you? You know Demar can just leave Charlotte after he becomes a free agent.....So why do they do this? Your post is unrealistic.... Don't get mad at me for pointing out the double talk.

If I group you and Oldskool together it's because you defend many of his posts. You share many of the same views, or pretend to anyways. What did I write that wasn't true? I never specified exactly what you said, I pointed out your views.

Would you give up Vonleah for Demar (especially if you already had Stephenson)? You wouldn't in a million years would you? It would make more sense for Charlotte to ask for JV instead of Demar and deep down inside I think you know this.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              We need more emoji here ... I wanted one with a slow hand clapping in admiration of the post.
              Really, gonna ignore these so that you can slow clap for a post that is 90% BS?

Axel wrote: View Post
              I would like proof of that. Especially since you only joined RR in February of 2015.

Have you finally admitted that you are a previously banned member?
              mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              How were you here last summer?

You only joined in February 2015.

Now I'm no MODERATOR or Doc Naismith, but guys get banned for multiple accounts or rejoining after being banned, you know.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

LOL - I expected this.

My post wasn't for you Axel....At least not in the way you think. My post was for the other posters who wonder "why does this guy defend one stance about how terrible Demar is and says something else in another thread. Why does this guy think so poorly of Demar and then thinks Charlotte would give up all that for a one year rental." Feel free to answer that question. You know you said that Stephenson is a better player than Demar just last year.....So why would they do this for a one year rental and a lesser player who will just ask for the Max?? You don't seriously think he stays in Charlotte do you? You know Demar can just leave Charlotte after he becomes a free agent.....So why do they do this? Your post is unrealistic.... Don't get mad at me for pointing out the double talk.

If I group you and Oldskool together it's because you defend many of his posts. You share many of the same views, or pretend to anyways. What did I write that wasn't true? I never specified exactly what you said, I pointed out your views.

Would you give up Vonleah for Demar (especially if you already had Stephenson)? You wouldn't in a million years would you? It would make more sense for Charlotte to ask for JV instead of Demar and deep down inside I think you know this.

I'm entirely sure why I'm even bothering to respond to you....

1. You can't call someone out on "their words" if they didn't say it. Only trolls do that. Are you admitting to such tactics simply to get a rise?

2. Charlotte has a different owner, fanbase, and set of expectations. They are motivated to make the playoffs, and are more willing to "win now" to get there. That is why they acquire a guy like Demar. They have a plethora of lottery draft bigs already, so they are going to have to move someone sooner or later, and since they have Kemba firmly at PG, and MKG firmly at SF, they clearly need an offensive SG to help boost their scoring. Their defence has enough talent to absorb a scorer who struggles on D. DD fits that bill for them. They would need to convince themselves that DD would consider resigning, but why wouldn't they, DD has already shown love for a non-preferred NBA destination (Toronto), would get to play for his idol's idol (Jordan) and would likely get a nice fat pay-day out of it. Don't think it's that far of a stretch for him to resign. Vonleh is raw and will take time to develop. If they wait on his development (he barely saw the court this year) then perhaps they have to worry about Kemba getting sick of losing and leaving.

No 2 teams are the same. You can't simply plug in, this player is better than that player, it's about goals, expectations and fit. Not double-talk, but awareness of what is going on beyond Toronto.

3. Lance in Indiana was better than DD. Lance struggled last year, but is still a good player. Good buy low option. Perhaps it simply wasn't a good fit in Charlotte. Not really sure, don't think anyone knows. But Charlotte needs a dependable scoring option. Lance is dynamic, but not dependable.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  +1

1: DeMar IS and inefficient chucker. I have no idea how much we can get for him but my thinking is that 8-12 range is a pretty good deal. His value is higher than his production, why can't you wrap your head around that?

2: Baseless speculation. I don't think DD is a good player and it has nothing to do with my personal feeling about the guy. I think he is a player who just doesn't fit in any starting lineup in the league because he can't defend and can't shoot threes. His handles are weak and his court vision is awful considering how much he has the ball in his hands. He constantly waives off teammates and yells at them when he makes a mistake on D. He is not a good player to build around.

3: I never liked Lou, he is a ball-stopping chucker. With the way the season was going, not changing anything was the plan, so why would we be clamoring for a trade mid season to somehow justify the argument we are having today?

4: I think we would be much better by letting DD go yes. Because he is a zero impact player. Actually while he was out of the lineup prior to Lowry getting run down we were winning without him. Now add in that we can get hopefully productful players coming back in a trade and trading DD is a 100% must.

Note: does your name special1 refer to DD? Or that you're "special" /ffs
                  Ross is better than Demar? Answer these questions without hypotheticals.

1. Would you give up a 8-12 pick for Lou Will? .

2. Would you give up 8-12 pick for a one year rental who you perceive "to not be a good player"?

3. Not True. In December - Many posters said that this year was fool's gold and that the Raptors were running ISO and that it would blow up in their faces. Many posters blamed Lou as the team played differently before he came on board. The #FireCasey thread started in early January (long before the trade deadline). Everything was not running along fine. Nice try.

4. Wrong again. A constant theme with you. The team won more games with Demar than without him. Did you really think Lowry could win all those games on his own? Man, you are off your rockers.

Why are you so interested in my name special1? How does it feel to know that someone "special" knows so much more about basketball than you? Judging by the way you spell your name, I'm convinced that you may be more "special" than you think.

Comment

• What's the most you would pay DeMar after next season?

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I'm entirely sure why I'm even bothering to respond to you....

1. You can't call someone out on "their words" if they didn't say it. Only trolls do that. Are you admitting to such tactics simply to get a rise?

2. Charlotte has a different owner, fanbase, and set of expectations. They are motivated to make the playoffs, and are more willing to "win now" to get there. That is why they acquire a guy like Demar. They have a plethora of lottery draft bigs already, so they are going to have to move someone sooner or later, and since they have Kemba firmly at PG, and MKG firmly at SF, they clearly need an offensive SG to help boost their scoring. Their defence has enough talent to absorb a scorer who struggles on D. DD fits that bill for them. They would need to convince themselves that DD would consider resigning, but why wouldn't they, DD has already shown love for a non-preferred NBA destination (Toronto), would get to play for his idol's idol (Jordan) and would likely get a nice fat pay-day out of it. Don't think it's that far of a stretch for him to resign. Vonleh is raw and will take time to develop. If they wait on his development (he barely saw the court this year) then perhaps they have to worry about Kemba getting sick of losing and leaving.

No 2 teams are the same. You can't simply plug in, this player is better than that player, it's about goals, expectations and fit. Not double-talk, but awareness of what is going on beyond Toronto.

3. Lance in Indiana was better than DD. Lance struggled last year, but is still a good player. Good buy low option. Perhaps it simply wasn't a good fit in Charlotte. Not really sure, don't think anyone knows. But Charlotte needs a dependable scoring option. Lance is dynamic, but not dependable.
                    Nice reply. I can tell you're in a rush. You know what you just wrote doesn't make much sense. And yes, those were your words (inefficient chucker). Try and keep up.

Everybody's Idol is Jordan! What kinda reasoning is that? Why aren't free agents lining up?

I don't think that's a big enough reason. He can go home to LA where is true Idol (Kobe) will have a statue out front. Demar didn't exactly have the best year either and Stephenson only makes 9 Million for the next two years. Come on Axel.....Why do they do this? Why do they pay twice as much $$$ for Demar and trade the #9 pick in last year's draft in Vonleah.

It would make more sense for them to acquire Ross (a way cheaper option) who doesn't really have a high value right now. Wouldn't Ross (who comes a whole lot cheaper) fit more? Ask Oldskool....

Sorry but your trade proposal doesn't make much sense unless you value Demar A WHOLE lot more than you pretend to.

Last edited by special1; Sat May 30, 2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Nice reply. I can tell you're in a rush. You know what you just wrote doesn't make much sense. And yes, those were your words (inefficient chucker). Try and keep up.

Everybody's Idol is Jordan! What kinda reasoning is that? Why aren't free agents lining up?

I don't think that's a big enough reason. He can go home to LA where is true Idol (Kobe) will have a statue out front. Demar didn't exactly have the best year either and Stephenson only makes 9 Million for the next two years. Come on Axel.....Why do they do this? Why do they pay twice as much $$$ for Demar and trade the #9 pick in last year's draft in Vonleah.

It would make more sense for them to acquire Ross (a way cheaper option) who doesn't really have a high value right now. Wouldn't Ross (who comes a whole lot cheaper) fit more? Ask Oldskool....

Sorry but your trade proposal doesn't make much sense unless you value Demar A WHOLE lot more than you pretend to.

The rationale is spelled out. If you need smaller words, break out your thesaurus.

Comment

And there is a difference between quoting "inefficient chucker" and "inefficient bench chucker who will get us a lotto pick".

I have said and stand by the first. The second you made up and tried to play it as my quote.

Comment

• Amusing thread.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            And there is a difference between quoting "inefficient chucker" and "inefficient bench chucker who will get us a lotto pick".

I have said and stand by the first. The second you made up and tried to play it as my quote.
                            You defended a post which said that the guy who is currently the #1 option on our team, who has never come off the bench, "should be a 6-8 mil bench player." You both called him an inefficient chucker.

You laughed in our faces last year and said Stephenson is a better player than Demar....you called us homers. Now you actually think it's possible to trade this same Demar (who according to you guys, may not even be a starter) for Vonleah and Stephenson. Do you really think they would do this for a one year rental of an inefficient chucking bench player who's looking for max money? This is the part that makes no sense.

Like you said last year, Lance is a way better player than Demar (your words). Amazing how things can change in a year.

#ProveEm
                            #NowTheyKnow

Comment

Ross is better than Demar? Answer these questions without hypotheticals.

1. Would you give up a 8-12 pick for Lou Will? .

2. Would you give up 8-12 pick for a one year rental who you perceive "to not be a good player"?

3. Not True. In December - Many posters said that this year was fool's gold and that the Raptors were running ISO and that it would blow up in their faces. Many posters blamed Lou as the team played differently before he came on board. The #FireCasey thread started in early January (long before the trade deadline). Everything was not running along fine. Nice try.

4. Wrong again. A constant theme with you. The team won more games with Demar than without him. Did you really think Lowry could win all those games on his own? Man, you are off your rockers.

Why are you so interested in my name special1? How does it feel to know that someone "special" knows so much more about basketball than you? Judging by the way you spell your name, I'm convinced that you may be more "special" than you think.
                              A lot of this post makes no sense wrt to answering my post

You know what they say though, I'm the fool for arguing with an idiot

Comment

You defended a post which said that the guy who is currently the #1 option on our team, who has never come off the bench, "should be a 6-8 mil bench player." You both called him an inefficient chucker.

You laughed in our faces last year and said Stephenson is a better player than Demar....you called us homers. Now you actually think it's possible to trade this same Demar (who according to you guys, may not even be a starter) for Vonleah and Stephenson. Do you really think they would do this for a one year rental of an inefficient chucking bench player who's looking for max money? This is the part that makes no sense.

Like you said last year, Lance is a way better player than Demar (your words). Amazing how things can change in a year.

#ProveEm
                                #NowTheyKnow

Things can change in a year. Unfortunately your bullshit posts remain constant.

Comment

Working...
                                X