Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    ...(Raptors) Fans will probably freak out though if they see (anything)...
    I think that is what you meant to say.

Comment

• How much would you pay DeRozan?

Let's assume DeRozan doesn't get traded and he hits 2016 FA. What number do you stop at when entering contract negotiations with him?

For me I think I'd stop somewhere between 17-20M, not sure where in that range yet though, would need to see how he plays next year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Tucker and Harris shoot 35% and 36% from 3 respectively. Not exactly a spacing disaster. I mean, right now we have DeMar who's never broken 30% and Ross who was 37% last season.
        That's a flat, dead-on lie.

DeRozan shot 30.5% from 3 in 2013-14.

Comment

• i think Zach Lowe put it best when he called DD a "random points generator".

in a perfect world he'd be a high end 6th man off the bench. highest i'd go is 7-8 mil.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• he's a tier 3 banana at best, 12-14 mil at most.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• 7-8M under the new cap when we paid Vasquez 6M last year... lol I'm tired gonna go to sleep.

Comment

I don't think that was a lie.

Broken 30% would essentially mean any value above 31%. I'd argue any value between 30.0 and 30.99 would fall under that umbrella.

While you could argue that the .5% there is technically above 30%, I think you're just arguing semantics since it doesn't actually change the context of the actual statement enough to warrant it being called a "flat dead-on lie."
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Joe Johnson + few first round picks for DD ??

Can this be done under the current Salary Cap for us?? It will give us some trade exception this year and ton of Cap room for next year but not sure we can do it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Whoops.. I flipped my rankings. When DD was injured they were 27th in DRT. Before he was injured they were 8th. Sorry for the confusion.
                    I think in those two months the team formed bad habits. Started to believe they could just out score teams. That than become their identity. Had to play a faster with DD gone as well.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      Joe Johnson + few first round picks for DD ??

Can this be done under the current Salary Cap for us?? It will give us some trade exception this year and ton of Cap room for next year but not sure we can do it.
                      I don't think it can be done.

Not sure about the cap hit but I don't think Brooklyn has any picks it can actually give up in any trade.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        Joe Johnson + few first round picks for DD ??

JJ makes like 25 milli a year. DD makes 10.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

For a guy who's crapped the bed on his salary cap numbers and once forgot that having the second of two first round draft picks will never award you the #1 overall, you have a very humble way of highlighting a .5% difference in shooting percentage numbers.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I think in those two months the team formed bad habits. Started to believe they could just out score teams. That than become their identity. Had to play a faster with DD gone as well.
                            Going to disagree here.

Offensively, not much changed it went down 0.1 and was already an incredibly flawed "system" to begin with.

Defensively, it had less to do with Demar being gone (Fields is a better defender than him and was more than adequate in the role prior to his fall in Detroit) and more of a mixture of the Raptors defensive system being used and abused and the insertion of GV into the starting line up.

In other words, I don't think Demar's absence played nearly as large a role as the narrative that is trying to be pushed. It only came around in the forefront after the Raptors began their downward spiral. Keep in mind that Demar WASN'T playing well prior to the injury (something else that seems to be said a lot, ignoring that his numbers pre injury were near identical to them post injury).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              My biggest concern with keeping DeMar is what his next contract will be. In 2016 the salary cap will go from $63M to an estimated $89M. DeMar has a player option that he will most likely exercise so that he can get in on the fun. The problem is many teams will have cap space that year and most will be able to afford paying DeMar his maximum.

DeMar's maximum will be about $24M. If someone offered DeMar $20M would you want him back at that amount? He'd be a UFA, but let's assume he'd give the Raptors the opportunity to match.

At what value would you say he's not worth keeping?

Note: Currently DeMar makes $9.5M which is 15% of the cap. 15% of $89M is $13.3M.
                              I think they should move him. We all know he's a guy that's a volume scorer, right? He wouldn't be posting these kinds of numbers on the Thunder or Spurs and he wouldn't be making this kind of money had he been posting lower numbers on the Thunder or Spurs. He's been a small fish in a small pond his whole career. Move him and let someone else make the poor long term investment.

Stats don't win games and his stats are evidence of that. Max money should only go to game changing superstars.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                Going to disagree here.

Offensively, not much changed it went down 0.1 and was already an incredibly flawed "system" to begin with.

Defensively, it had less to do with Demar being gone (Fields is a better defender than him and was more than adequate in the role prior to his fall in Detroit) and more of a mixture of the Raptors defensive system being used and abused and the insertion of GV into the starting line up.

In other words, I don't think Demar's absence played nearly as large a role as the narrative that is trying to be pushed. It only came around in the forefront after the Raptors began their downward spiral. Keep in mind that Demar WASN'T playing well prior to the injury (something else that seems to be said a lot, ignoring that his numbers pre injury were near identical to them post injury).
                                I still think that everything bad that happened last season was rooted in some combination of Lowry being hurt, and Lowry checking out mentally.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X