Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    Going to disagree here.

Offensively, not much changed it went down 0.1 and was already an incredibly flawed "system" to begin with.

Defensively, it had less to do with Demar being gone (Fields is a better defender than him and was more than adequate in the role prior to his fall in Detroit) and more of a mixture of the Raptors defensive system being used and abused and the insertion of GV into the starting line up.

In other words, I don't think Demar's absence played nearly as large a role as the narrative that is trying to be pushed. It only came around in the forefront after the Raptors began their downward spiral. Keep in mind that Demar WASN'T playing well prior to the injury (something else that seems to be said a lot, ignoring that his numbers pre injury were near identical to them post injury).
    He was playing well defensively. GV playing extended minutes will hurt any teams defensive. Especially when you don't have good rim protection
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      ZERO...TRADE HIM.
      Start building this franchise the right way and not half ass Colangelo style.
      When Wiggins is available in few years,start wooing him and build around a Legit Franchise player.
      I agree that the Raptors should appeal to all the good pro Canadian player's sense of Patriotism. What those players will lose from taxes will be recovered in all the added endorsement money. Wiggins in Toronto would be a huge sensation in Canada on the level of Vince Carter in his prime.

They should gear their plans towards being able to bid on those players and not paying for DeRozan's bloated stats. Move him for assets.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        i think Zach Lowe put it best when he called DD a "random points generator".

in a perfect world he'd be a high end 6th man off the bench. highest i'd go is 7-8 mil.
        Do you think he's overpaid right now ?
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          That's a flat, dead-on lie.

DeRozan shot 30.5% from 3 in 2013-14.
          Oops, error on my part.

Thanks for noticing and pointing it out. I amend my statement to "never broken 31%". Does the point stand?

I appreciate the way you class up the joint, by the way, demonstrating how best to have meaningful and enjoyable conversations about the Raptors without resorting to vitriol, always giving others the benefit of the doubt and never making inflammatory accusations when a simple correction would suffice.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I am on the send him to OPhoenix train now

Demar and NYKs pick

for

Bledsoe and Booker

Then shop lowry to houston for a deal around dekker and jones

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              Joe Johnson + few first round picks for DD ??

Can this be done under the current Salary Cap for us?? It will give us some trade exception this year and ton of Cap room for next year but not sure we can do it.
              It could be done salary wise as we have cap room this summer. We would not gain a TPE as we would be absorbing salary, not giving it away. And yeah, the Nets don't have much in way of draft assets.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                Joe Johnson + few first round picks for DD ??

Can this be done under the current Salary Cap for us?? It will give us some trade exception this year and ton of Cap room for next year but not sure we can do it.
                Do we want Joe Johnson because of his game, or because of his expiring contract?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I agree that the Raptors should appeal to all the good pro Canadian player's sense of Patriotism. What those players will lose from taxes will be recovered in all the added endorsement money. Wiggins in Toronto would be a huge sensation in Canada on the level of Vince Carter in his prime.

They should gear their plans towards being able to bid on those players and not paying for DeRozan's bloated stats. Move him for assets.
                  You do know Wiggins isn't a possibility for at least 5 years right?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    You do know Wiggins isn't a possibility for at least 5 years right?
                    Unless he pulls a Vince, sulks, demands a trade, and only has the Raptors on his list. Then it could happen tomorrow

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      You want to ask yourself does a five year deal for that kind of money still look like a good deal in two or three years from now. If the answer is no then they shouldn't be doing that.
                      I think the answer is yes, and even if the answer is no, the ability to stretch contracts makes a big difference, especially in a massive cap era. And with the booming cap, a lot of small market teams will find themselves below the floor very quickly, in consecutive years, and would be targets for a Novak-esque absorption with a cost of a second rounder or cash. Not a huge risk in my mind.

And I reiterate I don't want to re-sign him. I just think if we do re-sign him, that's the way to do it.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        I still think that everything bad that happened last season was rooted in some combination of Lowry being hurt, and Lowry checking out mentally.
                        This I agree with and is actually what I think happened. Although I think the former lead directly into the latter.

A lot of people will point to the Portland game as the turning point. For me, there was nothing but warning signs in the game right before there in Denver.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        He was playing well defensively. GV playing extended minutes will hurt any teams defensive. Especially when you don't have good rim protection
                        I think the point I wanted to make here is that I don't think Demar makes an actual real noticeable impact on the team (and I think this would have been a little more noticeable if Fields didn't get injured so early). Defensively, his impact became more noticeable because of his replacement was largely a negative (as well as the system being found out very early on). The defensive would have still fallen; it might have just been slower.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Oops, error on my part.

Thanks for noticing and pointing it out. I amend my statement to "never broken 31%". Does the point stand?

I appreciate the way you class up the joint, by the way, demonstrating how best to have meaningful and enjoyable conversations about the Raptors without resorting to vitriol, always giving others the benefit of the doubt and never making inflammatory accusations when a simple correction would suffice.
                          That 0.5% is shots we normally make.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            That 0.5% is shots we normally make.
                            DAAAAAAYUM! Is that DeMar DeRozan reigning 3s, or Reggie Miller?

#provem

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Trade him, Don't pay him shit
                              I like what you've done here, condensed a lot of posters ideas into a nice little succinct morsel.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                +1

2: Baseless speculation. I don't think DD is a good player and it has nothing to do with my personal feeling about the guy. I think he is a player who just doesn't fit in any starting lineup in the league because he can't defend and can't shoot threes. His handles are weak and his court vision is awful considering how much he has the ball in his hands. He constantly waives off teammates and yells at them when he makes a mistake on D. He is not a good player to build around.

Definitely not a fan of Demar's game and think he should be traded, but to say he cant defend is a bit of an overstatement. He is an average defender which i can deal with. Its his offensive game (pun intended) that I hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X