Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Oh, he'd certainly improve. The question is not whether he would improve. It is how much, and whether that much is enough to justify a) the cost of retaining him at probably a first option price (due to his all star status and unfortunate timing in what will be the most overspent-on group of free agents in the history of sport) and b) the loss of any assets trading him away would net (not insignificant due to said all star status and current first option status) AND c) the risk that he may walk for nothing if he finds a better suitor or dislikes the second banana role (that last unlikely but not impossible in my mind).
    And before anyone tries to refute the bolded with the usual chatter, remember:

"I got us."
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      I said alright man because you're not applying any context to the stats you're looking at, and you're also not even looking at every stat. Debating you is just a waste of time because your scope of thought is very limited.
      I am

My scope of thought is very, very limited

"Championship"

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        I am

My scope of thought is very, very limited

"Championship"
        Ross...... Yes, your scope of thought is very, very limited indeed. Who's had a bigger impact in terms of leadership/wins? lol (I can't keep a straight face). Let me guess Demar is in his way? Is that why you hate him?

Who's better defensively? DanH says Demar is better overall defensively. Some say Demar is actually a good defender who can guard his position and some SF.

Who's the better offensive player?

Would you rather be top 10 at getting to the free throw line or top 100 in shooting 3's?

Who didn't show up in the playoffs while being the 5th option?

No one knows how much Demar will cost us next year.

Everyone agrees that Demar's a good player (but you, Bear and Raptors999). Articles about him getting MAX money says something. Even if he may not deserve it to some posters (even myself).

Trolling at its finest. There may be others I missed.

I agree that championships matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by special1; Tue Jun 30, 2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I'm sorry but Team USA is not retarded.

They wouldn't put him on the team if he wasn't good. And couldn't play within a team-oriented, ball movement system. While taking a backseat to basically everyone else on the roster no-less.

But yeah he has a massive ego, refuses to pass and hurts your team.

The "ego" thing is the one that annoys me the most. I thought there was at least some agreement that DeMar was a high character guy and now we have people taking direct shots at his character.

Comment

Yeah I'm sorry but Team USA is not retarded.

They wouldn't put him on the team if he wasn't good. And couldn't play within a team-oriented, ball movement system. While taking a backseat to basically everyone else on the roster no-less.

The "ego" thing is the one that annoys me the most. I thought there was at least some agreement that DeMar was a high character guy and now we have people taking direct shots at his character.
            To be honest I don't get it either. He passes when he can but Casey completed fucked the offense up, hows that his fault? People act as if DeMar is just out there doing his own shit. He doesn't call the shots the coaching staff does, he just goes out there and follows the offensive plan however shit it may be. If DC drew up some fucking plays then maybe he wouldn't have to go ISO 60% of the possessions

Comment

• a #3 ranked offense isn't fucked up. if the players are as broken as it is repeatedly noted here how can being 3rd be anything other than a compliment?

Comment

• i dont get how people are actually defending demar.

he is a player that has to have an offense entirely based on his strengths in order to become somewhat of a net neutral in terms of on court production,

that is not debateable as it is what both statistics and the eye test tell and show us.

and to say that he can take a back seat to LA is probably true, but why would you keep a player that without haveing a massive portion of the offense revolve around him to make him a net neutral player?

trade him for pieces that better fit.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  Lurking on a player's thread that you absolutely hate and writing the exact same posts over and over is not trolling??

The definition of trolling. You're so past hater status. Lol

Lurking on a players thread? WTF man. This isn't Demar's social media feed, it's a thread to discuss EVERYTHING Demar DeRozan, not just everything is positive.

Demar is good at help rotations on Defence. That is his biggest + on D. But a lot of that has to do with playing under Casey for so long (and playing heavy minutes).

Demar isn't very good at defending on the ball (still gets beat off the dribble too easily) and will get beat back door a fair bit (part of that is his awareness, part of it is the help heavy system of Casey).
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Lurking on a players thread? WTF man. This isn't Demar's social media feed, it's a thread to discuss EVERYTHING Demar DeRozan, not just everything is positive.

Demar is good at help rotations on Defence. That is his biggest + on D. But a lot of that has to do with playing under Casey for so long (and playing heavy minutes).

Demar isn't very good at defending on the ball (still gets beat off the dribble too easily) and will get beat back door a fair bit (part of that is his awareness, part of it is the help heavy system of Casey).
                    And is dreadful going over screens which is odd because he doesn't mind getting nailed with the ball going to the rim.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      To be honest I don't get it either. He passes when he can but Casey completed fucked the offense up, hows that his fault? People act as if DeMar is just out there doing his own shit. He doesn't call the shots the coaching staff does, he just goes out there and follows the offensive plan however shit it may be. If DC drew up some fucking plays then maybe he wouldn't have to go ISO 60% of the possessions
                      I am certainly not a DeMar apologist, but we have seen him work within a more team oriented system on the Raptors. The 2013/2014 season. Even this past season he has made some very nice passes. Not nearly enough, but I don't know if that is on him or on Casey. I think everyone can agree that DD is not a cerebral player, in the mold of Fields. I tend to think that Casey has given DeMar a role, and DeMar just goes out and does what he is told. "Don't give it to JV if he is more than 3 ft out of the paint." "If you are at the 3 pt line, take your man inside and play for the foul." "DeMar, you are our guy. It's on you."

I think his head is full of Casey's rules and he plays that way largely to try and satisfy the coach. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that just thinks "Me, me, me, me."

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        a #3 ranked offense isn't fucked up. if the players are as broken as it is repeatedly noted here how can being 3rd be anything other than a compliment?
                        How did that offense look in the playoffs?

It desperately needs innovation.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          I am certainly not a DeMar apologist, but we have seen him work within a more team oriented system on the Raptors. The 2013/2014 season. Even this past season he has made some very nice passes. Not nearly enough, but I don't know if that is on him or on Casey. I think everyone can agree that DD is not a cerebral player, in the mold of Fields. I tend to think that Casey has given DeMar a role, and DeMar just goes out and does what he is told. "Don't give it to JV if he is more than 3 ft out of the paint." "If you are at the 3 pt line, take your man inside and play for the foul." "DeMar, you are our guy. It's on you."

I think his head is full of Casey's rules and he plays that way largely to try and satisfy the coach. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that just thinks "Me, me, me, me."
                          Yep. It's pretty much impossible to make accurate player evaluations on the Raptors roster because "the Casey rules" have distorted the beautiful game to be something only remotely resembling basketball.

It would be similar to evaluating offensive players in Mike D'Antoni's system - certain guys always looked way better (e.g. Frye, Diaw), and even perennial all-stars (e.g Melo) could look a lot worse.

Comment

Yeah I'm sorry but Team USA is not retarded.

USA Basketball also chose DeJuan Blair, Jeremy Lin, and Greg Steimsma for their Select Team.

Just saying.
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Jun 30, 2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              a #3 ranked offense isn't fucked up. if the players are as broken as it is repeatedly noted here how can being 3rd be anything other than a compliment?
                              First of all, the offense wasn't 3rd, it was 4th. But more importantly, ANY team can have a top 5 ranked offense. It's really easy to do if you completely forget about defense, which the Raps did last season.

Both Jay Triano (2009-10) and Sam Mitchell (2005-06) coached significantly less talented Raptor teams to top 5 offenses. You're talking about a team with Pape Sow, Joey Graham and Hoffa(wtf!) logging significant starting minutes being a top 5 offense. Top 5 NBA offense is easy.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                USA Basketball also chose DeJuan Blair, Jeremy Lin, and Greg Steimsma for their Select Team.

Just saying.
                                *Select team* .... Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X