Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    DD is not going anywhere anytime soon. MU will take his time and will assess DD like he did with Carmelo. If DD comes in and has improved his game AGAIN, then I guess one can easily say that he has made the transition from 3 rd tier star in this league to 2nd tier star and hence worth the 22.5+ that he will basking for. If not, I am sure there will be a ton of negotiations still till trade deadline because MU is not a GM who moves stars and good players just for the sake of moving them or being scared of loosing them for nothing.

As of now and based on all the news and what we have seen, DD is a big part of Raptor's future and MU's plans. The fact that he was used during the recruiting meetings, shows how highly MU thinks of him and his place in the organization.

It is simply awesome to see this type of vision from MU.
    Heh, unfortunately the top teams in this league have second stars who are perennial all-stars and/or future hall of famers instead of borderline/one-time all-stars. Count me in as not interested in tying up sidekick money in DeMar DeRozan.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Actually it is an obvious conclusion it just might not necessarily be a correct one according to you...
      Obvious conclusion. Why don't you state the conclusion and the logic in full detail, then see how many agree with it. If it is obvious surely a vast majority will agree.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I know people are going to throw shade at me for this but I'll say it anyway.

If MU is willing to pay 22.5M per year on average for Carroll and Joseph I don't see DD going anywhere.
        Maths:

Last season Carroll and CoJo combined for 11.5 WS whereas DD posted a WS of 4.0 (basketball-reference.com)

Mathematically in terms of millions per win share, CoJo+Carroll produced 1.96 mil/WS/year. (22.5 mil/year) / (11.5 WS) = 1.96 mil/WS/year

That means based on last years production, DD should be paid 7.8 mil/year. (1.96 mil/WS/year) * (4.0 WS) = 7.8 mil/year

5 WS = 9.8 mil (second highest WS is 4.7)
        6 WS = 11.8 mil
        7 WS = 13.72 mil
        8 WS = 15.68 mil
        8.8 WS = 17.2 mil (his highest ever...and likely a non repeatable feat)

So logically, if MU is willing to pay Carroll and CoJo 22.5 mil, DD should technically be paid 7.8 mil based on his CURRENT production.

Unless of course mathematics is a blasphemous witchcraft conjured by the anti-DeRozan cult as preached by the church of the District of DeRozan

Seriously your blatant ignorance concerning what kind of a player DeRozan is, is approaching fanatic territory

Comment

• Where does this $22.5M keep coming from? Is that what some are expecting DD to accept as a negotiated salary? Dan already showed that the true max would be $29M, so I'm just curious as to where this number comes from?
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Where does this $22.5M keep coming from? Is that what some are expecting DD to accept as a negotiated salary? Dan already showed that the true max would be $29M, so I'm just curious as to where this number comes from?
            It's not that hard to figure out. Read through the posts and you'll see where it originated from.

Carroll average salary of 15M
            Joseph average salary of 7.5M

15+7.5 = 22.5

My point was that IF Masai considers DD a core player if he's willing to spend 22.5M on two role players I don't see why he doesn't pay DeMar next year. I didn't say that he's necessarily going to get 22.5M though.

Comment

It's not that hard to figure out. Read through the posts and you'll see where it originated from.

Carroll average salary of 15M
              Joseph average salary of 7.5M

15+7.5 = 22.5

My point was that IF Masai considers DD a core player if he's willing to spend 22.5M on two role players I don't see why he doesn't pay DeMar next year. I didn't say that he's necessarily going to get 22.5M though.
              Yes but McRealistic took it and ran with those numbers. So that's why I asked. So do you believe that DD will take $6.5M less than his rumoured asking price?

Also, your post would be significantly better without the first line. No need to be rude to a simple question.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Yes but McRealistic took it and ran with those numbers. So that's why I asked. So do you believe that DD will take $6.5M less than his rumoured asking price?

Also, your post would be significantly better without the first line. No need to be rude to a simple question.
                Wasn't trying to be rude, maybe came out that way because the way you phrased your question annoyed me.

I literally just told you that I didn't mean that "he's necessarily going to get 22.5M though". So I don't know.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  DD is not going anywhere anytime soon. MU will take his time and will assess DD like he did with Carmelo. If DD comes in and has improved his game AGAIN, then I guess one can easily say that he has made the transition from 3 rd tier star in this league to 2nd tier star and hence worth the 22.5+ that he will basking for. If not, I am sure there will be a ton of negotiations still till trade deadline because MU is not a GM who moves stars and good players just for the sake of moving them or being scared of loosing them for nothing.

As of now and based on all the news and what we have seen, DD is a big part of Raptor's future and MU's plans. The fact that he was used during the recruiting meetings, shows how highly MU thinks of him and his place in the organization.

It is simply awesome to see this type of vision from MU.
                  i have yet to see any source proving demar was used, it is all speculation.

and why would a player in his sixth year in the league, who has shown only incremental improvement, is terribly innefficient, is a poor defender and is nothing more than a high volume usage, below average scorer in the last year of his contract be considered as a "long term piece"

Comment

• As the team continues to be reshaped, one thing for certain, I'm not sure DD fits the style moving forward.

All guys signed (or drafted) are high WP guys, all are defensive minded players, all play and thrive off ball movement.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      As the team continues to be reshaped, one thing for certain, I'm not sure DD fits the style moving forward.

All guys signed (or drafted) are high WP guys, all are defensive minded players, all play and thrive off ball movement.
                      I'd be very happy if this were true, but there is an argument to be made that a group of those sorts of players need a high usage scoring option to play off of.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        As the team continues to be reshaped, one thing for certain, I'm not sure DD fits the style moving forward.

Demar fits but the question is for a max deal can the Raptors do better. If Demar is moved, either Raptors upgrade the 2 or run the offence through another position

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I'd be very happy if this were true, but there is an argument to be made that a group of those sorts of players need a high usage scoring option to play off of.
                          I can definitely see that. To me, the price tag of $29M (or anything north of $20M) is still the biggest problem. If DD was locked up long term, I'd be more content to see what would happen with a bunch of solid defenders at every position around him.

Comment

• DeMar is going to have a crazy year! I could easily see DD averaging 22/5/5. That's worth 20+ mil to me. I'm under the impression the DD we saw to close out the year is the DD will get all year next year. That guy is a 20+ mill player.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              One could make an argument for anything though...doesn't make it right though.

But assuming you're correct, that only addresses one side of the ball.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                DeMar is going to have a crazy year! I could easily see DD averaging 22/5/5. That's worth 20+ mil to me. I'm under the impression the DD we saw to close out the year is the DD will get all year next year. That guy is a 20+ mill player.
                                That would mean matching his career best in scoring, while setting new career highs for rebounds and assists.

Last March, he did average 24/6/4 in 15 games (team went 7-8 in those games). He shot 45.5% from 3 in that stretch though, and was a -3.2, with 38.4MPG and 29.2 Usage.

In April, averages of 24/3.7/5 in 7 games with insane Usage of 30.5% and 36.7MPG.

Really don't see how DD can put up 22/5/5 unless we give him ridiculous minutes and usage.

Comment

Working...
                                X