No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Raps are already using the media to influence public opinion in justifying paying DD max money. Don't be surprised if it does happen next year.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-a-max-player/

I'm not saying its a bad thing or anything of DD getting paid but it goes to show you how de Raps got toronto media on a leash.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      I think the Raps are already using the media to influence public opinion in justifying paying DD max money. Don't be surprised if it does happen next year.

I'm not saying its a bad thing or anything of DD getting paid but it goes to show you how de Raps got toronto media on a leash.
      I could see them using their communications muscle to pour cold water on the idea ... but not to encourage everyone (including DD) to assume he deserves it, a year-and-a-half out.

Comment

I think the Raps are already using the media to influence public opinion in justifying paying DD max money. Don't be surprised if it does happen next year.

That, or y'know, someone actually holds that opinion. :P Lol I'm not sure media works like that, where you just pay money and they write good stuff for you. I mean, yes, Rogers owns Sportsnet, but I can't say they've always been Pro Raptors by any stretch.

Comment

Now BS, what you say may or may not be true. I can't argue that. The fact is, no one knows. But I will say this: we all die. Every one of us here reading this forum, watching these basketball games, arguing about this and that, my decisions, Demar's jump shots - every one of us will one day be dead. So my thinking is, yes, the Toronto media may be on a leash, but life's too short to think about those things. Let's all just lean back, enjoy the ride, and pound the rock.
          We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
            Now BS, what you say may or may not be true. I can't argue that. The fact is, no one knows. But I will say this: we all die. Every one of us here reading this forum, watching these basketball games, arguing about this and that, my decisions, Demar's jump shots - every one of us will one day be dead. So my thinking is, yes, the Toronto media may be on a leash, but life's too short to think about those things. Let's all just lean back, enjoy the ride, and pound the rock.
            you're so clutch Dwane Casey, how come we don't see this from you during games that come down to the wire?
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              That, or y'know, someone actually holds that opinion. :P Lol I'm not sure media works like that, where you just pay money and they write good stuff for you. I mean, yes, Rogers owns Sportsnet, but I can't say they've always been Pro Raptors by any stretch.
              You're right, it could possibly be some crazy person's opinion.

However, I think you got to be a little naive if you don't think the public media isn't big business. The top dollar usually gets their opinion heard. It happens in the American public media all the time, its not some new tactic. Why would a sports team not do it?

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              I could see them using their communications muscle to pour cold water on the idea ... but not to encourage everyone (including DD) to assume he deserves it, a year-and-a-half out.
              I think this article was written around the time when the "whispers" got out of DD wanting a really high max offer. If you consider that context then, i believe it makes a little more sense. To quell outrage.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Would be nice if DD just put all of this to rest by becoming DeJames DeHarden next year.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  Would be nice if DD just put all of this to rest by becoming DeJames DeHarden next year.
                  He's gonna come out and go 4/4 from behind the arc, rack up 30 points on 17 shots, 8 assists and 6 rebounds to open the season. After the game the reporter comes over and asks where this came from.

Demar will take the mic and look slowly at the camera. "Fuck you RR"

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    He's gonna come out and go 4/4 from behind the arc, rack up 30 points on 17 shots, 8 assists and 6 rebounds to open the season. After the game the reporter comes over and asks where this came from.

Demar will take the mic and look slowly at the camera. "Fuck you RR"
                    Lmfao

Speaking of mics and cameras... I'm really gonna miss Sterner's WWE promos

Comment

The only guy in the media that they don't have control over imo is Ryan Wolstat. Doug Smith is probably the worst --he shouldn't be able to call himself a 'reporter', rather an MLSE de facto employee.

Comment

Would be nice if DD just put all of this to rest by becoming DeJames DeHarden next year.
                        I realllllllllyyyyyy hate the de'doing de'this de'cause de'its de'fucking de'stupid

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan at Raptors camp
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DD needs a haircut lol

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              I realllllllllyyyyyy hate the de'doing de'this de'cause de'its de'fucking de'stupid
                              I really De'on't know why I bother to read your posts.

Comment

DD needs a haircut lol
                                He grows his hair out every summer lol
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X